Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
just got Samurai Champloo 1-17 in the mail and i like it ^_^ (i have geneon disc 1 and 2 but i just couldn't wait for the rest so i bought online) just that the subtitltes sometimes don't make sense in my new one.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
i downloaded BLOOD+ episode 1 last night, and it is ok i guess (hate the movie, loathe it, despise of it) it is wicked yuri thou from what i can tell

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
eva01 said:
i downloaded BLOOD+ episode 1 last night, and it is ok i guess (hate the movie, loathe it, despise of it) it is wicked yuri thou from what i can tell

Sorry to hear that you didn't like the movie eva01. By the way could you explain "wicked yuri thou?"

XNine

macrumors 68040
eva01 said:
just got Samurai Champloo 1-17 in the mail and i like it ^_^ (i have geneon disc 1 and 2 but i just couldn't wait for the rest so i bought online) just that the subtitltes sometimes don't make sense in my new one.

I swear to God if you bought an HK DVD I'm going to eat your soul and kill your family. NOTHING'S worse than HK. Death to Hong Kong!

Although, you're pretty big on anti-piracy, so I'm not so sure you'd do this. BUT IF YOU DID! I'll be knocking on your door in 5 minutes.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
hell no HK import, i hate them, i did once get a HK import of Serial Experiments Lain. i was pissed

EDIT: and i will still be getting the Geneon releases, because i like the DVD cases

XNine

macrumors 68040
I got the 1st Edition Lain box set (with the blue slip-case) a few years ago. Definately a mind-****.

Geneon is re-releasing some awesome titles. I still ahve to ge the Giant Robo collection (face it, Jin Rei is a cutie!). I refuse to re-purchase NGE, though. Too many and the series already depressed me enough.

I wish they're release the Cowboy Bebop movie with the original Japanese tilte in the US (Knockin on Heaven's Door).

And I need to find out if GITS 2 was ever re-released without those godamn hearing impared subtitles (captions). I lost my original DVD and cannot send it in for replacement.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
eva01 said:
yuri is the japanese phrase to mean girl-on-girl, to an extent

Do you mean what I think you are saying? Two female lead characters? If not please contact me.

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Onizuka said:
I got the 1st Edition Lain box set (with the blue slip-case) a few years ago. Definately a mind-****.

Geneon is re-releasing some awesome titles. I still ahve to ge the Giant Robo collection (face it, Jin Rei is a cutie!). I refuse to re-purchase NGE, though. Too many and the series already depressed me enough.

I wish they're release the Cowboy Bebop movie with the original Japanese tilte in the US (Knockin on Heaven's Door).

And I need to find out if GITS 2 was ever re-released without those godamn hearing impared subtitles (captions). I lost my original DVD and cannot send it in for replacement.

If you liked Lain, check out Key the Metal Idol. Except for clown-boy, I think it's way better than Lain.

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Onizuka said:
He means crack snackers. As in, Lesbians. As in, hot. As in, what I will have when I'm rich. :D

Am I the only one who thinks two girls (or two guys, for that matter) "doing it" is disgusting? Why don't you have something better when you're rich? Like a big yacht made entirely of Microsoft's former HQ which you will crush for us to build your anime empire. :)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
ah my one day off this week heres to hoping all of Bleach has finally downloaded so i can watch it all. and yes Key the Metal Idol is pretty cool i need to finally buy that boxset, except i get paid friday and i am saving up for a HD TV T_T

XNine

macrumors 68040
We all know you're stance on gay/lesbian activity darkwing. No, I don't think either is disgusting. It's human nature. Do I think about two guys? No, hell no, because I'm a straight male. Do I think of two girls? More often then not.

And Key is okay. I got to the movie, and well, fell asleep. Still ahven't watched it even though I own it.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Onizuka said:
We all know you're stance on gay/lesbian activity darkwing. No, I don't think either is isgusting. It's human nature. Do I think about two guys? No, hell no, because I'm a straight male. Do I think of two girls? More often then not.

And Key is okay. I got to the movie, and well, fell asleep. Still ahven't watched it even though I own it.

reminds me of when i fell asleep during the Escaflowne movie :p

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Onizuka said:
We all know you're stance on gay/lesbian activity darkwing. No, I don't think either is disgusting. It's human nature. Do I think about two guys? No, hell no, because I'm a straight male. Do I think of two girls? More often then not.

And Key is okay. I got to the movie, and well, fell asleep. Still haven't watched it even though I own it.

Lol. Human nature. My buddies will get a kick out of that one. :)

The movie is the best part of Key! There are two movies technically at the end. I felt Key was much better than Lain. What do you think of the ending of Lain? It suggests to me that she's in some kind of simulated world and is some anomaly able to access the simulator, as it were. It was a weird one, and sure left a lot of questions at the end.

The ultimate mind-**** is an old British sci-fi called "The Prisoner."

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
forget if this was mentioned before but who here enjoys Boogiepop Phantom. I love the show so much, i am watching it all today, cause i have zero life.

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
eva01 said:
forget if this was mentioned before but who here enjoys Boogiepop Phantom. I love the show so much, i am watching it all today, cause i have zero life.

Haven't seen it, but I heard that it is good.

XNine

macrumors 68040
Boogiebop wasn't something I'd be into, and Lain was phenominal and quite a ride.

As it were, Darkwing, let's keep our opinions of gay/lesbian ideals out of this thread, we're talking about Anime. And you and your friends can quote me on the nature hting, because it's TRUE, not opinion, but fact. But nonetheless...

Eva, The Escaflowne movie was a ltitle hard on me too at some points. Something just did't flow well.

At this point, I'm looking for a fansub of GITS2 because I can't find my disc to get it replaced with the disc that doesn't have captions, and from what I hear the official English version blocked a lot of voice out so they wouldn't have to translate it. So, I'm gonna make my own DVD. SCREW DREAMWORKS/GOFISH!

I also wish they'd release Robot Carnival on DVD, and Tekkaman. WTF is up with that?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Just because you did buy it Onizuka i would assume that boxtorrents has it, and i forget what one site did have it for HTTP download, i can't remember, but it was something like ani-r.......com but the site is no longer in existance

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Onizuka, just because you say something is true doesn't make it any less of an opinion than mine. :)

I did like Lain, I just thought Key was better. My only problem with Lain is the unanswered questions. I hate stuff like that. Anime captivates me because of the stories and long term character development. Seeing where a character came from, and then ultimately having a notion of where they are going, makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
darkwing said:
Onizuka, just because you say something is true doesn't make it any less of an opinion than mine. :)

I did like Lain, I just thought Key was better. My only problem with Lain is the unanswered questions. I hate stuff like that. Anime captivates me because of the stories and long term character development. Seeing where a character came from, and then ultimately having a notion of where they are going, makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside.

It might just be all of the selected series I have viewed, but doesn't this happen often? (the unknown past/unknown future of characters) It seems to me that anime often leaves unanswered questions and the past/future of characters is almost overlooked completely in some cases, where as the manga it came from usually has all of those holes filled....

Not unlike book-to-movie problems; lack of character development, unanswered questions, often doesn't follow text completely, etc....

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
now that anime companies are selling and formating shows for the iPod format that is going to hopefully be a huge discussion on my website for its own forum or subforum ^_^ now to sell my 4G 60 gig iPod to get a new one just so i can get anime for it ><!

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
eva01 said:
now that anime companies are selling and formating shows for the iPod format that is going to hopefully be a huge discussion on my website for its own forum or subforum ^_^ now to sell my 4G 60 gig iPod to get a new one just so i can get anime for it ><!

I realize the iPod video format is pretty small and compressed (I think) but it still would have been nice if Apple would have released video iPods in 80/100GB models, or at least 60/100GB models. It seems time for them to up the storage to allow for more expandability and storage. I realize why they did 30/60 but it still would have been cool to have it go to 80 or 100.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.