Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
eva01 said:
well my website is up and i am in the process of waiting for more money to come in for gallery and then getting some sort of anime database scheme going

Site looks really good, way to go eva01, awesome stuff. Question for you, is that really you in your profile pic? or just an aspiring cute face like 'me' in my 'tar :p

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
efoto said:
So, ugh....is it you? :p

I don't like deciding, I prefer to have answers given to me on highly-polished rare-metal platters. Can you deliver? please?

now that you put it that way, i wish it was me, i am not that beautiful. It is Miki Nakatani from Ringu, Ringu2, and Densha Otoko (which will be hosted on my site when i get it all on my comptuer)

Voted best Japanese Drama of 2005

krimson

macrumors 65816
eva01 said:
when i went to the IMBD website it said she was :confused:

unless it's some version of the Dorama i haven't seen, Itoh Misaki plays "Hermes", not Miki Nakatani.

Denshaotoko_header.jpg

------edit------
That may be the movie "special", not the actual dorama...

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
krimson said:
unless it's some version of the Dorama i haven't seen, Itoh Misaki plays "Hermes", not Miki Nakatani.

------edit------
That may be the movie "special", not the actual dorama...

Interesting, maybe i got some wrong information that i read.

thanks.

EDIT: maybe i am just on smack and following bad links from outside sorces

krimson

macrumors 65816
eva01 said:
Interesting, maybe i got some wrong information that i read.

thanks.

EDIT: maybe i am just on smack and following bad links from outside sorces

I think i've figured it out..

the IMDB listings aren't very clear.
"Densha Otoko/I" is a movie version
"Densha Otoko/II" is the actual series, which you mentioned was voted the best Dorama of 2005. It's not a "mini" as listed, most dorama's are around 11 episodes.

I suggest watching the Dorama first if you want to know what the hype is all about.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
dubbz said:
I've cried through a couple because they were painfully bad. Does that count?

no it doesn't ><!

i want sad cry like in Grave of the Fireflies, Saikano: Last love song of this little planet, or during episode 24 of Cowboy Bebop.

Mine was during Bebop when Ein and Edward left the bebop

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Chances are I would eva01. I cry very easy. My would be because of emotions.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Aarow said:
Is Full Metal Alchemist an anime? That show's pretty cool.
Yes, yes it is. Now, you must buy/rent/steal/borrow the DVD and watch it with subtitles ;)

As for anime that makes me cry, it oddly doesn't take much. Saikano did it, Cowboy Bebop did it twice. Kiddy grade did it. This year's MLB playoffs...
Of course, a few had me going "WTF?!", like Kiddy Grade, and Steamboy to a small extent (the whole ice thing was kinda... off), and Chrno (Chrono?) Crusade's ending just pissed me right off.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
hmm i have to get Kiddy Grade. Going up to Tokyo Kid on Sunday YAY. :p

Made it to New England Comics and the Asian Market yesterday, mmm Manga and Pocky.

Gallery on my site is coming up Monday

I need to get the rest of Saikano :/

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
eva01 said:
Ok so has anyone ever cried during an anime?

I cried in One Piece when Nami left her island and Genzo put his Pinwheel uptop Bellemere's grave.

Then I cried when the Strawhat Pirates left Vivi standing on the shore of Arabasta

Then cried at the pure awesomeness that was at the end of the Rainbow Mist arc.

What can I say? I like the One Piece.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
eva01 said:
Ok so has anyone ever cried during an anime?

I have cried during a couple of anime series, not full on balling but some teary-eyed action I guess. One was during Love Hina, mostly because at the time I was watching it there were some life experiences that lended me to being cry-prone :(
I also cried during parts of Bebop, mostly because of the music during specific scenes. I'm a sucker for great music coupled with an emotional visual....great series, both of them in my mind. Some don't like Love Hina, but I really liked it.

XNine

macrumors 68040
I cried at Bebop (it is required to do so), Macross Plus (also required as Kano did the music for it too), Grave of the fire flies (if you don't cry during this, you're a robot), and very few others. I guess what hit me hardest was that I relate so much to Spike. Betrayed, removed, and always hunted. It's funny, but it was almost as if I saw a part of me die. Ah, but that again is what makes a series so great... Being able to relate to the characters, eh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.