iPad Another upset customer!

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
So my iPad 3 that I purchased 4 months ago has already been super-seeded by the iPad 4.

Can't believe how pissed of I am that the update has come so quickly. I feel like selling my iPad and telling them to stick it up their arses!!

The faster processor and better front camera is ideal for the iPad 3 retina display. This is what the iPad 3 should of been!

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
iDeaded myself
Buy the new one if it has features you want to take advantage of. You've had four months of incredible experiences with your iPad 3. Now sell it and take advantage of the speed and power in iPad 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
If they don't update fast enough, people get pissed. If they update faster, people get pissed because their toy isn't the newest anymore. People will never be happy. Technology moves on, people...

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
If they don't update fast enough, people get pissed. If they update faster, people get pissed because their toy isn't the newest anymore. People will never be happy. Technology moves on, people...
i agree 100%.. announcing a newer ipad doesn't make the 3rd gen any worse. tech is always improving and people seemed conditioned that upgrades have to occur every 12 months or so.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
you all cry much? so any company, just stops so the whiners can have the latest and greatest? get over it kiddies....

skywalkerr69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2011
New York
Not in a few months, that is just ridiculous. Especially in time for the Christmas season. Sounds greedy to me.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I can't feel pity. We all bought an iPad knowing it was eventually going to replaced with a newer, better version. It just came a little quicker this time.

SirAvila

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Plainview , NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjNgNDZzH5o

just pissed off american consumers , never appreciative of anything they have. Let them just be miserable knowing their current products will be outdated soon.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
this iPad mini is going to make the iPad seem big and awkward ... it already does.

Regular size iPad is living on borrowed time.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Apple has traditionally stuck to 12 month cycles. Hell with the iPhone 4 they made that a 15 month cycle. Instead they cut the lifetime of the iPad 3 down to 6-7 months. Maybe if you spent $500-850 on the iPad 3 then you would have been pissed too.

BigCanoe

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2003
Agree! I would like to see an iPad 5 in three months to piss off all the buyers of todays "new" iPad :)

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
The competition finally reached a point where Apple had to act. Spare the customers' feelings and get left behind or fast track the next generation to be competitive?

snow blind

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
When's the last time Apple has updated such a flagship device this quickly? Never.

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
We knew they wanted to get out of the cycle of a new iPad coming out right after Christmas each year.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
O well.... Update seems minor... compare to iPad 2 to iPad 3.

Face time HD, A6X processor....

They are not enough for me to upgrade.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
i agree 100%.. announcing a newer ipad doesn't make the 3rd gen any worse. tech is always moving on and people seemed conditioned that upgrades occur every year..
Agreed. Just because a never model is out doesn't mean that the iPad 3 stops working.

Chairman.Jobbie

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2011
I understand the disappointment.. im in the same situation but it didnt come with any guarantee.

Just sell and upgrade if you really need too. Im just disappointed i brought a Wi-Fi only ipad - im using it soo much that i wish i had 3g.... oh well..

.. the world is not going to end and there are more important things in LIFE..

but now i need an iphone 5!!! iPhone 4 home button is ***** otherwise i wouldn't bother.

hyndman

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
San Diego
Same feeling here. A little miffed that I just bought the LATEST ipad thinking that this was the ipad standard for the next 12 months. I am sure they aren't going to release the next iPhone 6 in April? or are they.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.