Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Hi, can anyone share their successful/unsucessful advices about Mac software advertisement? I'm struggling to find ideas and I feel I run in circles. I tried to posts in Apple related Google+ groups, get around 10 pages views max daily with a very microscopic conversion rate. When you create posts on forums, they don't like to see a product advertised, it's almost worthless. It's probably easier when you have several products but it's far from easy. I tried buying Facebook publicity for my Facebook product page, got a few likes that never get converted. I understand that I made a niche product, but it was a product I needed for myself and prefered to do that instead of cloning something already existing. I know there is room for improvement, so I ask for advices.

Thank you for reading this.

LMN_O

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2016
Sounds like you may have used the "Boost Post" feature on Facebook? Another option is buying a Facebook ad. You can pick and choose your audience there to a very fine degree, including by type of device/computer, interests, profession and so on. That can really help get your product in front of the right people.

Please note: I don't work for Facebook. :)

Good luck with your app!

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Sounds like you may have used the "Boost Post" feature on Facebook? Another option is buying a Facebook ad. You can pick and choose your audience there to a very fine degree, including by type of device/computer, interests, profession and so on. That can really help get your product in front of the right people.

Please note: I don't work for Facebook. :)

Good luck with your app!

thanks for the suggestion.. I bought facebook ad for a week. I got a few likes, 50$ later, zero conversion.

kiwipeso1

Suspended
Sep 17, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Sounds like you need to tweet about how this app works for making up mix mp3 cd's, etc for road trips.

Additionally, this would be perfect for my usage, so you'll get a sale from NZ shortly, and word of mouth on my facebook wall when I've had time to use it. (This will reach hundreds out of my 3500 facebook friends globally.)

It looks like something I've always wanted to have, and I'm sure that there will be better impact once my facebook friends take a look at the review I'll post this week.

Reactions: 762999

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Sounds like you need to tweet about how this app works for making up mix mp3 cd's, etc for road trips.

Additionally, this would be perfect for my usage, so you'll get a sale from NZ shortly, and word of mouth on my facebook wall when I've had time to use it. (This will reach hundreds out of my 3500 facebook friends globally.)

It looks like something I've always wanted to have, and I'm sure that there will be better impact once my facebook friends take a look at the review I'll post this week.

thanks, I don't have huge list of followers on social media. I keep Facebook to mere minimum and my Twitter is around 500. My posts are shaking the world as much as a mosquito's fart.

Reactions: kiwipeso1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.