Any buyer's remorse over Apple silicone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dmaxdmax, Sep 29, 2014.

1. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

Planning to get one for my space gray 6, arriving tomorrow.

2. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

$35 is way too expensive for this case. No bottom edge protection. I would get a knock off case on ebay for a few bucks.

3. dmaxdmax thread starter macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

Is this based on your experience as a dissatisfied owner?

4. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

I have the Blue Silicone case for my Space Gray iPhone 6 and I'm loving it. No real remorse for it. I know the price is high but I just like the look and grip to it. It handles better for me than the leather cases.

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I have the black and red Apple silicone cases. No regrets here at all. Originally I had the red leather version, but returned it after it showing signs of failure after 7 days.

6. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Yeah, took it back within the hour.

7. dmaxdmax thread starter macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

Thanks.

8. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I don't regret mine. In fact I love it. Perfect fit and adds some grip to the phone. I've originally purchased the leather case and didn't like how it felt. The silicone is much better IMO.

9. wmflyfisher macrumors member

Where did you purchase it from?

10. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I snagged the white one for 6 on launch day and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. I'd even go as far to say that I think this is one of the best cases Apple has ever made for the iPhone, if not the best. I'm really not a fan of leather so I was really happy to see that Apple made an alternative case. The silicon case is super thin and I just forget it's even there.

11. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Any problems keeping it clean? I got a white one today and love the way it looks and feels, I am just nervous about how dirty white might get.

12. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Seems like a good case, never had an Apple case as I'm one of the first to say their overpriced. But I didn't feel like doing tons of research on a case plus waiting to shipping so I bought a Red silicone case. It has a good quality feel and I can see myself using it for awhile. I would pick this over the leather and its less expensive.

13. Seekcraftbeer macrumors newbie

I have been using a grey one for my IP6 since launch day. Like it, dont love it.

It doesnt pick up as much dirt/lint as you would think (not sure about the white though, that might show a little more). Its not *hard* to get in and out of pockets, but it does provide a little resistance. I am going to go with it for the time being.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternate, I got to look at some Incipio Feather's at work today, and they looked nice as well. 10-15 bucks cheaper, a little thinner, same type of material. Might be worth a look.

14. dkh587 macrumors regular

I love the silicone case for my 6+
    It fits so snug and it has a great feel

They definitely outdid the silicone cases for the 5C. I have one for my 5C and it would become loose around different corners randomly. Hard to explain, but it wasn't snug. And it definitely does feel as sturdy as the 6+ silicone

I have the green one, but I'm taking it back for the red one. The green isn't really meeting my expectations. When I saw the red in stores, it really caught my eye, but it was only available for the 6 at the time, out of stock for the 6+

15. bobright macrumors 601

Do you happen to have a gold phone by any chance? Has it gotten dirty/stained?

16. callea macrumors regular

callea

Red silicon case for iPhone 6 Plus black here.
    Perfect, high quality case and very good grip.

17. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I've got both the leather and the silicon. The leather was free after multiple issues. Leather looks nicer I think but the silicon has much more grip.

18. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

No regrets here!

I have the green one for my 6. Nice texture, works in my pocket at work, slips into my fabric purse easily, no lint issues.

I wish it was red, but I like the green too.

19. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

So far no issues at all. I got the white silicone case as well and definitely agree about how great it looks and feels. My iPhone is the silver color. It definitely behaves differently than the Apple leather case I had before with my iPhone 5, which most definitely ages and changes color over time, and definitely collects dirt as well.

Of course, it's probably too early to tell, but it's been about two weeks already and my case still looks very white. It got dirty once but it was easy to simply wipe off. I hope it stays that way.

20. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

My green case has been great. I recommend wiping it down with a damp cloth once a week.

21. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

Does wiping it down change the feel of the case?

22. victoriani macrumors member

No. But I got irritated by lint on my case hence why I returned it and got the leather one. Which was what I had originally wanted in the first place so maybe I just picked a fault with it because of that as others don't appear to have issues with lint when taking it out of pockets particularly... #

23. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

I'm hard to please when it comes to cases - purchased far, far too many for my iPhone 5 and am determined to stick to one case for the 6+.

The Apple Silicone exceeded my expectations, even after reading some really good reviews on this board. It feels good, offers just the right amount of protection that I'm looking for, looks great, has a nice interior as well. I currently have the black (gray) one on my Space Gray 6+ but I may end up getting another color for when I want to change things up. Highly recommended.

24. cleirac macrumors 6502

+1

I bought lot and all kinds of non-branded (if ever there is branding, it is discreetly done or very subtle), sleek-looking cheap and kind of expensive cases for my iP5 - wallet, flips, silicon, TPU, leather, hard / polycarbonate or whatever they made of, book case, pouches etc.

None of them made by Apple.

Used all of them once or twice a week depending on occasion, weather, what I wear or where am I traveling internationally etc.

I ended up having a naked iP5 for the most part in the 2 years I owned and used the phone as I do not really have a solid favorite among all those cases. If I have to pick one the Brussardo leather wallet case is my favorite as it was the one I used the most.

The iP5 got accidentally beat and dropped many times when being naked so I have to protect my gold iP6+ for now or at least for the next few months.

And I thought of finally trying the Apple case.

I am more of a leather person than anything else but after thinking about and reading some reviews - the Apple white silicon case will look best for my gold iP6+ and perfect for my tastes and lifestyle.

Love, love everything about it. I mostly forget or almost feel like having a naked iP6+ with it. I hope the feeling and looks of it stays that way for many days/weeks/months/years/uses to come.

25. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I didn't like it at first and was ready to return it while I was still in the mall. Once it had been in and out of my pocket a few times the lint problem stopped. I have one leather and one silicone and I like both equally. I may pick up additional colors of the silicone to have some variety.