Any color switchers here?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sundog925, Sep 12, 2015.

1. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

My last 2 iPhones, my 5 and my 5S (current phone) were both purchased in white.

But I reserved a spot to buy a Space Grey on launch day.
    I just love the grey back and black front, gorgeous, more so than my black front and back iPhone 4.

Anyone else completely changing colors?

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Tired of white.

Gonna go back to my black bf.

3. jeffjak25 macrumors member

jeffjak25

I have had a black phone since the 5. Ordered silver this time. I am looking forward to the change.

4. playaproved macrumors 6502

I alternate mine. My numbered models are black, my S models are white.

5. flur macrumors 68000

I have the space grey and ordered space grey, but I'm seriously considering switching to the rose gold. I like the rose color but hate the white bezel, so... not sure yet which will win out for me.

6. Goldfrapp, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015

Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

What baffles me the most is why Apple make only one black model. Like seriously????

What ever happened to their diversity improvement plans??

7. No-Me macrumors 6502a

I want a black bezel, so the choice is easy. If they made a gold with a black bezel I think I would have tried that this year.

8. iPhone82 macrumors member

iPhone82

I had black iPhone 4/4s i absolutely loved it. Looked very sleek and elegant, With iPhone 5 I went with white which was nice. I iked the silver look. 5s I went with the gold since it was the newest color i wanted to try it out for a while. For iPhone 6 I went with space gray, I decided for 6s I was going for the space gray again but i didn't want the same phone again so Im getting the plus this time around. I hope i dont regret it

9. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Same. Been using white for the past 4 years (4s, then 5s), now intending to switch to black. Gold and Rose don't really appeal to me, and I think the black iPhone looks stunning with the red case.

10. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

I had a black 4S/5, silver 6+, thinking of going back to black for 6S+

11. flur macrumors 68000

The case is where I'm thinking I'll switch things up. My 5s is in a black leather case, making it entirely black and very classy-looking. With the 6s I'm going to go with a colored leather case or keep it naked, or maybe do a skin or sticker. Something more fun than what I have now.

Unless of course I switch up for the rose, in which case the phone will definitely not be getting a case.

12. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Going gold 6+ to space grey 6s+. I would have gone sg last time too, but they had none in stock. Grown to like the gold over the year, and may even switch to silver within the first couple of weeks, will see how I go.

13. aka777 macrumors 6502a

14. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Went gold to rose gold this year. I had gold the for both 5s and 6 Plus and wanted to change, but silver is boring and I was hoping for a darker space gray. So I decided to try the new color this year and if I hate it I will change again for iPhone 7.

15. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yup. I've flipped back and forth between black and white before, but I've had white bezels since my iPhone 5 and it's time to go back. I think the black bezel around the bigger displays just looks better, more elegant. Not that white is distracting from what's on screen, just the 6s Plus looks better in black/Space Gray. Would have gone with black/Rose Gold had the option been there, I'd love to rock the new color but the white bezels kill it for me. I think if the screen didn't curve and was flat like the 5/5s, white would much classier on these models. White 4/4s, classy. White 5/5s, classy. Black 6/6s, classy.

(Black iPhone 4 -> Silver 5 -> Gold 5s -> Silver 6 Plus -> Space Gray 6s Plus)
    (Black iPad 1 -> White iPad 2 -> Silver mini -> Space Gray mini 2 -> Space Gray Air 2)

16. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I do the opposite but I too alternate mine

17. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

for the first time I switched from the space grey/black to silver/white. Just felt like changing it up a bit I always have a case anyway, I have kids so I need some sort of protection against them.

18. celly macrumors 6502

I use the Model T approach when deciding. I like any colour bezel on my iToys, as long as they're black.

19. iMacca44 macrumors member

Had every generation in black all the back to the 3G. Going for white/silver this time, so should be interesting!

20. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

3GS - black
    4 - black
    5s - space gray
    6 Plus - silver
    6s - rose gold

21. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Every year I say I will go for white/silver but always chicken out and stick with black/space grey.

It's a bit of a running joke with my wife.

22. Chronus macrumors regular

Had a SG 5S and 6 so this time going with silver, as the SG was a fingerprint magnet for me so would like the white one for less smudges.

Silver with white silicone case :)

23. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Been buying black since the iPhone 3GS. Don't see myself changing. If they do a black face with one of the other colors, maybe I'd be tempted

24. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Was v tempted to go to space grey or gold but stuck with silver. The gold is too yellow. If it had been lighter like on the 5s I'd have been all over it.

4: Black
    4s: White
    5: White
    5s: White/Gold
    6 Plus: White/Silver
    6s Plus: White/Silver

25. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Yeah, I'm a color alternator but this year I'm also changing it up a bit with physical and storage size as well. I'm going from a Space Grey iPhone 6 128GB configuration to a Gold iPhone 6s Plus 64GB one. I really want the bigger screen and the GOLD really attracts me, much like Gollum to the RING. But I'm still iffy on the storage space, what with 4k video, 12mp photos, and Live Photos. But with a good LTE connection, I'm hoping to store them off phone.