Any Decent Glass Screen Protectors for ip6 4.7?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by solo118, Sep 12, 2014.

1. solo118 macrumors 65816

I have seen a few on ebay and amazon, but they all have these horrible cutouts by the light sensor and/or home button. I have always had a screen protector since my iphone 4, and I think they are a pretty good investment (especially since we did not get a sapphire glass!)

I currently have an iloome (slim version) which is great on my 5S. I would love to get another one from them, but their version wont be out until October 5th. I was hoping to have one in my hands before my phone comes.

If anyone has a recommendation for a higher end glass protector with no ugly cutouts, please let me know!

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

You may be out of luck if you're looking for a screen protector that doesn't have ugly cutouts, especially around the home button. The curved edge may start too close to the home button to have it fully surrounded.

3. jmfangio, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

jmfangio macrumors member

jmfangio

Spigen has their GLAS-tR-SERIES available for the 6 on Ebay.

4. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

5. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I love Zagg IS Glass for the five. Nice curves edges and I go to the mall for $5 replacements whenever they chip or crack.

I don't know what they will be like with the 6 curved edges. You almost need one that cups the edges (if going naked or a case that doesn't cover glass). Otherwise, you will need a case that covers that curved edge part and put a glass protector in the middle.

It will be interesting to see how durable this "Ionized glass" is. I assume it is Gorilla Glass' new one and they are not using the name because of relationship with GTA.

6. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

7. ricktat macrumors 65816

8. aevelasquez macrumors regular

Haha, I was just coming here to post this very thing.

9. TBONE72 macrumors regular

Gotta second this opinion! My Zagg glass for my Iphone 5 has been absolutely fantastic! I've tried the iLoome and Bodyguardz Pure. Zagg has been the best of the three. Even though its .4mm, like the Pure, it feels much thinner due to the tapered edges. Feels great around the home button. The BEST benefit is getting it replaced for $6 at a Zagg cart if it ever does get damaged. My wife dropped hers and chipped it in a few places - got it replaced with no problems. Zagg's website doesn't mentioned if their version for the 6/6 Plus has tapered edges, but I assume it does.

10. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

11. solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

12. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

According to the spigen page, the only cutouts are under the home button. Guess we will all have to live with that.

13. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Unfortunately it seems every company right now is putting out screen protectors with the cut out on the home button. At least with SPIGEN the top doesn't have any ugly ones.

[​IMG]

14. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

Does the Glas.tr work well with cases?

Something like the, Spigen iPhone 6 Case Neo Hybrid Series?

15. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

I don't think i'll complain for that price :). I paid like 35$ for my Mime USA tempered glass screen protector (not rounded) and it was of rather poor quality. Went through 2 free replacements within 6 months before finally ditching it and spending a similar amount on a spigen tr, and they nailed the quality.

16. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

Where are you seeing that picture of the cutout and lack of glass protector beneath the home button?

When I look at Spigen's website, the Tr slim looks like it has a circular cutout around the home button and tempered glass beneath the button itself also. Just like they did for the 5S.

17. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The cutouts have never bothered me unless they are off centered... Has happened but was sent a replacement pack.

I just buy the least expensive multi-pack on Amazon or EBay. One "brand" has been as good as the next.

18. solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks this does help... at least the Spigen does not have the cutout by the light sensor/earpiece. I will wait until it pops back up on Prime as right now it does not show a ship date.

19. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

I wonder if it will work with the apple cases as they seem to come up and hug the curve

20. ricktat macrumors 65816

The cutout at the bottom is because of the curved glass on the iphone 6. The space below the home button and Touch ID will be to close to the curve for the screen protector.

Another thing is, same will be said for the sides of the screen protector. They will be smaller than the glass. This means they will work with any screen protector but will look really ugly if your case doesn't have a large lip

21. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

How would these glass protectors work with the iPhone 6 then?

I assume that ALL glass screen protectors are gonna be dead flat but isn't the screen of the iPhone 6 slightly curved at the edges (where it seamlessly meets the side of the phone)? How would a glass screen protector work?! Would it just cover the illuminated part of the screen and not go to the edge of the actual whole glass screen?!

22. Mr.C macrumors 601

That picture doesn't show cut outs for the camera and light sensor at the top, just one for the speaker. Isn't that going to be a problem. My iPhone 5S screen protector from Tech Armor has holes at the top for them too.

23. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

I have one for my 5S that only has the cut out for the speaker and the camera and light sensor work fine.

24. Mr.C macrumors 601

Ah ! OK. The reason I asked because I have the regular Spigen screen protectors and they look the same. I wasn't sure whether that was to do with Spigen not knowing the actual iPhone 6/6 Plus designs and guessing or not. If they're going to work fine I will stick with them rather them trying to find another brand at least for now.