Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Where did you hear that they are updating and shipping new ones?

I got an email from Spigen's Amazon claiming that they are going to delay my order because they are updating the product, and that the new product would ship by the 30th.

nin7474

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
They just shipped mine after claiming to not ship until 9/30. I hope they shipped the updated version.

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2011
Any Decent Glass Screen Protectors for ip6 4.7?

Mime just sent me this email:

We want to first thank you for your recent purchase of the iPhone 6 Feather+. We are honored that you have chosen MIME to protect your new phone and we are truly grateful for your support! We have been busy testing our glass on the iPhone 6 and we have made some slight changes to the design of our Feather+ to better fit your device. Most notably, we are enlarging the area of our glass protector for more comprehensive protection.

We will be shipping out our revised design to you, free of charge, when it becomes available next week. No action from you is required, and you should have this glass delivered to you within 2 weeks.

In the meantime, our original glass can still be applied to protect your screen until your new protector arrives. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your support! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us, and we will always be happy to help.

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
How would these glass protectors work with the iPhone 6 then?

I assume that ALL glass screen protectors are gonna be dead flat but isn't the screen of the iPhone 6 slightly curved at the edges (where it seamlessly meets the side of the phone)? How would a glass screen protector work?! Would it just cover the illuminated part of the screen and not go to the edge of the actual whole glass screen?!

This is the Zagg and it is awful. It not only does not cover the screen it doesn't even fully cover the LCD. I wrote to them and am hoping they will make a better version and let us get a replacement.

Please forgive the horrible quality of the photo (taken with an iPad) but it does show the outline of the screen protector and how small it is.

imagejpg1_zps882a954f.jpg

schwilj

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2005
I registered my Zagg and reached out to them as well. For $25-40, depending on the protector you bought, you'd hope they could send a free upgrade if they retune it to fit.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
They just shipped mine after claiming to not ship until 9/30. I hope they shipped the updated version.

I checked my amazon, and apparently they just created a label for my order as well (after sending me an email claiming that it will be out by the 30th). I hope as well that it is the updated one but I am pretty sure that if it isn't, they will be sending one out afterwards as a free replacement. I mean if it doesn't fit perfectly you have a very good case to demand one and from my experience with them they usually are prompt to send out replacements (happened to my wife's slim armor which was dinged)

nin7474

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
Any Decent Glass Screen Protectors for ip6 4.7?

I checked my amazon, and apparently they just created a label for my order as well (after sending me an email claiming that it will be out by the 30th). I hope as well that it is the updated one but I am pretty sure that if it isn't, they will be sending one out afterwards as a free replacement. I mean if it doesn't fit perfectly you have a very good case to demand one and from my experience with them they usually are prompt to send out replacements (happened to my wife's slim armor which was dinged)

I also sent them a email via AMAZON asking if it was the updated version. No reply yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.