Any Happy MacBook Air Owners?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Apple Expert, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

I know there is a lot of chattier on which model is better for whatever reason. But how happy are you with your purchase? Nevermind the ones who has their fan too loud or uneven back light keyboard, etc. But are you happy with your MacBook Air? If so state your reason and which model you have. Try to be honest at possible.

I'm very happy with my MacBook Air. I feel very lucky to have one. I know lots of people would love one. I love the look and feel of it and the power and silentness it brings. This is by far the best computer I've ever owned. I've also liked the MacBook Air, but this generation makes it more mainstream now more than ever.

2. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

3. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

13" i5 here, no problems with screen (LG), heat, SSD, RAM usage,...so yes I am happy

4. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

very happy: it's a beautiful machine, a true "laptop".

5. KPOM macrumors G5

I purchased my first MacBook Air in January 2008, and this is the first model that truly feels like no compromises to me. I don't game, so I don't miss the 320m or a discrete GPU. The Core i7 processor is nice, and per AppleInsider's and Macworld's respective benchmarks, about as fast as the 2.3GHz Core i5 in the 13" MacBook Pro. It's as portable as ever, and brings back the backlit keyboard. Thunderbolt holds a lot of promise, and Windows 7 runs like a charm in Parallels when I need to open Quicken. Overall, it's everything I want in a personal computer right now (not just a Mac, or just an ultraportable, but in a personal computer in general).

6. stevenpa macrumors 6502

Overall happy, got double Samsung, but the screen itself is slightly disappointing as well as battery life. But given I could not have gotten a better laptop at this price range and it's super light/thin/quiet/cool, I shouldn't be complaining. 13' 256SSD i5.

7. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

I'm loving my new Air!!! It stays very cool while doing basic stuff (even when watching flash videos) the only time i've really had the fans spin up is when i launch starcraft 2 (which runs quite well btw)
    i don't think it has an ambient light sensor, or at least it doesn't seem to change brightness based on light, but that's not something that bothers me too much. battery life is quite nice. i haven't actually timed it, but when screen brightness was on the lowest while web browsing it predicted over 8 hours of life so that's pretty awesome.

what is so disappointing about the screen? i mean the viewing angle could be wider, but it is pretty nice.

8. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I love my 11.6 i7 256SSD!
    This computer is the perfect size and love the performance!!

9. blowabs macrumors member

very Happy....13" SM128GB....no heat, good speakers, like the display...!:p

10. rkheyfets macrumors regular

Enjoying my 2010 MBA ultimate toshiba ssd otherwise good battery life and no complaints in the screen

11. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

typing on my 11"mba as we speak. love it.

i don't game either, nor do i store enough to benefit from the 256 ssd (went with 128). even if i needed space i have a WD 500 gb portable. (couldn't justify the $300 price tag).

went from an 06' 15" MBP, i don't miss the screen real estate either. i will be keeping this for a long time, even when the MBP's get a major overhaul as rumors say.

12. Flagg macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I7 11" 256. First Mac. Best $1600 I ever spent. It's fast, easy to learn, lacks bloatware like Norton Antivirus bogging down my system and begging me to subscribe, and is not the complex, user-unfriendly circus that is Windows. Parts are well-made and not skimped like PC machines. I felt like the moment I switched to iPhone from my Droid that was always tied up from preinstalled third party software and falling to pieces just being in my pocket for ten months. My only fear was the hd3000 and that has turned out fine for a mobile computer.

13. scarred macrumors 6502a

Honestly, dream come true for me. It is everything I wanted and imagined.

As someone above noted, I feel lucky to have one.

14. kain125 macrumors member

Love my 13''. its leaps and bounds better than what i had before. I can see myself using this for a good long while

15. entatlrg, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Love my 2011 i7 13".

My 11" i5 is on the way too :)

Edit: Love my 2011 i5 13" ...

16. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol. Thought you were keeping the i7 or are you planning to have both? :eek:

17. PaulWog Suspended

Love it, but I have very high expectations. Honestly I'm pissed that Apple didn't get it perfect... they could've. If they had slightly better cooling (to keep heat dissipated about 5 celcius cooler on average at peak temperatures), gotten the battery life to be even just 30 minutes better on average, and had a 100% even screen (bottom of screen is slightly darker than the rest of the screen... bottom 1cm-ish of screen), and if they'd have put HD FaceTime cameras in... then I'd be 100% satisfied.

Overall: Very satisfied

But still... upset they just missed the mark for perfection. They are so close and it's like Apple dropped the ball a tiny tiny slight little bit here.

18. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

19. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

5 degrees? 30 more minutes of battery? HD camera? *Sigh* I'm sure people like you would have bitched about the exact same things even if Apple had done all that. Some people are just never happy.

20. f00f macrumors 65816

I like the machine (13" LG screen, 256GB Sammy, i7). Very powerful compared to my previous Air (in signature... needs updating!)

I don't like the OS.

Really wish I could jam SL on this thing until Lion is tamed...

21. kattjeveln macrumors member

100% happy with it. 13" i5.

Told my GF that it's one sexy machine, to which she replied "Women are sexy, not machines!!"

22. hereyago macrumors member

23. docboarder macrumors newbie

I love my MBA, 13.3, i7, 256 mb, samsung HD, LG screen, no problems, light, silent, sexy. Love the backlit keyboard. Getting used to Lion. I am starting to like the reverse scrolling, mission control, and launch pad.

Will be travelling with it this week on a plane trip, and a week away in a hotel and be using it to stay connected to the office.

24. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

for the most part.. battery life is the achilles heel tho :(

25. misterneums macrumors 6502

I want to be a happy MBA owner... Hopefully all goes well at Best Buy tomorrow...erm, today I guess.