Any iPhone SE Remorse?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmdavis02, Mar 31, 2016.

?

Are you keeping your new iPhone SE?

1. Yes

221 vote(s)
    69.3%
  2. No, going back to my 6/6s

33 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. No, going back to my 6+/6s+

35 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Undecided

30 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. rmdavis02 macrumors newbie

Is anyone that left a 6/6s 6+/6s+ for the iPhone SE feeling any regret or buyers remorse? Or is anyone on the fence about which phone you want to keep? Curious how folks are feeling about the different screen sizes now that the phone is out...

2. HowardK macrumors newbie

Not yet- it is a total improvement over my Galaxy S3 and I have been using the 4" Ipod Touch 6 for the last 7 or 8 months. The only thing that bugs me is that there isn't a 128gb option so I could store all my music. Not sure how much data google's play music uses when I am not near wifi.

3. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

None so far. Happily gave my son my 6s. I do notice that the Touch ID is a fair amount slowed but I programmed one print a couple times and all is well. Loving it!

4. ps45 macrumors regular

Perhaps, though I'm still undecided. Side by side with my iPhone 5, the signal seems to have dropped from 4 blobs to 2 blobs strength and it can only find our 2.4Ghz wifi network whereas the 5 could easily lock on to our 5Ghz

5. kerrikins macrumors 65816

None so far... :) You might want to ask when more than 24 hours has passed though, haha.

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

What this person said. It's still the honeymoon stage. Ask in a week and you'll see a lot more people regretting it!

8. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

Like the other guy said in the other thread : anyone having iPhone RemorSE ;-)

Cheers !

9. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

No regrets here. I honestly thought I would go nuts typing on the se especially after having a iPhone 6 Plus last year and a 6s plus this year. When I got the phone today and started using it I felt like a old love came back to my life. This phone is amazing.

10. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

No remose what's so ever , I'm being so sincere! Love it . Feels good to be back !

11. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Only regret so far is getting a bad screen (really yellow on the top), but that's not the phones fault. I'll simply return / rebuy and all will be good :)

12. Trahearne macrumors 6502

Take time to pick up my muscle memory of using 5s. Other than that it has been all great!

“Definitely not going back to 6s+! It looks like a toy! /s”

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm very happy with my SE, much different then my 6 plus, but as noted typing will be as I get reacquainted with the smaller keyboard.

Some games, that I've played are better suited for the larger display, but that's understandable. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

14. stopcryingmaxap Suspended

@maflynn do u use the normal apple keyboard or use other keyboard software, when I had android the swiftkey prediction made typing in 4 inch phones super quick :3

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm using swype, though I do prefer the normal keyboard. I do think the Android and windows phones have a better implementation of third party keyboards, but swype seems decent enough.

16. cvam1985 macrumors regular

Zero remorse. It's like my 5S took a caffeine pill - exactly what I wanted.

17. brudog68 macrumors 6502

My thumb loves it...Im a swype using thumber...the 6 was giving my thumb pain to have to reach (i know, first world problems).

18. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

but now you can actually use the home button to look at notifications on your lock screen :)
    before it was too fast to do this. It is something I was actually looking forward to "downgrading" to.

19. Ctguy macrumors member

a keeper, will give my 6s to my mom. I do miss 3D touch though.

20. DocGo macrumors member

Totally love mine. It has replaced my 6S Plus.

21. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Happy with the camera, speed, RAM, and battery life upgrades over the 5S.

Tried the bigger form factors but always ended up back on the 5 or 5S for the size.

The 'slower' TouchID works for me as someone who wants to see the lock screen.

22. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I'm starting to adjust back to the 4" size after using the Plus sized iPhones for almost 2 years. However, I am starting to like it more.

I'm testing it until next week to decide if I want to keep that or the 6S Plus. For now, I am undecided.

23. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Kind of OT but as an alternative to using multiple slots for the same finger you can also continue to "train" the single entry. Go to settings, touch ID & passcodes, and then place that finger on the home button. The entry which corresponds to that finger will be highlighted for a moment (grey background) when it's recognized.

You can continue to remove and place the finger on the sensor at different angles and move it around (gradually) which will improve recognition. This also happens automatically as you use Touch ID, but doing it this way accelerates the process.

24. Gudi macrumors 68020

Gudi

How do you know that?