Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Phew. Means now I don't have to buy an Apple Care. My 1 year warranty expires in April 2016. I have an extremely faint key symbol image on my Macbook Pro's screen but it's extremely faint and you have to look very closely to note its presence.
Quote the article number, SN2898.

For all intents and purposes, Apple will repair it as long as you are in warranty, but according to this image, if your warranty has expired, you have until 16/10/2016, or 3 years from your date of purchase, whichever is longer.

Nice excuse to upgrade every 3 years :p

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
There is no official statement by apple.
The closest thing to an official statement is that Apple has a repair program to address this issue.

As for my 2012 rMBP, the anti-reflective coating is intact. So far so good for me.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Meister wrote:
"Do you have a source for this?"

Just go to any Apple store...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's my point, other then the repair program being initiated, there is no official word

I thought my post was pretty clear in that.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
I don't know why they don't have a website for customers to read about this yet but this post mentions the specific genius instructions on the repair of this issue.

Reactions: Meister

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
That's my point, other then the repair program being initiated, there is no official word

I thought my post was pretty clear in that.
We don't know if apple initiated any program.

The only source for this is a rumor on macrumors ;)

SSD-GUY

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2012
Interstellar
There is also a FaceBook Group if your machine is affected.

Many people on the group have had theirs repaired, and in other cases, once they stated the article number which I mentioned before (SN2898), they got their screens repaired.

Nueve

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Here's a picture of how my screen looks like, like I mentioned before my warranty ended back in October. I will be taking it in but I doubt they'll fix it for free (first time I've had an issue with an Apple computer, don't know what to expect). I'll update you guys on how it went. :(
Macbook screen issues.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.