Any men with Apple Watch in gold?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wizzywig27, Dec 20, 2016.

1. wizzywig27 macrumors 6502

as the title says, are there any men with the Apple Watch in gold?

I have the iPhone 7 in gold but think the gold in watch is a bit feminine? Thoughts?

OH thinks it looks manly enough haha.

Cheers guys

2. ajo macrumors 6502

Yes me! and the 38mm too. From today. My first Apple Watch.

I originaly liked the silver/white when it first came out but a while back at the Apple Store they brought out a selection to try and the gold with concrete band I thought looked really nice.

I never thought I would go for gold, its not really me, but for this I really like it. I tried the black on too a few days back before my purchase and was almost taken in by that. The gold though I think looks more like a watch than a sport or gadaget product. I think it goes well with a lot of straps too.

3. teralpar macrumors newbie

Although I'm not a man, I really like the AW in Gold but I have seen very few pics (if any) posted of that color on this board, which is interesting because I thought it would have been more popular...

4. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

I would have liked the gold if it weren't matte. Love the pics of the gold plated apple watches.

5. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

It's not feminine, just ugly. (In my opinion)

6. PackyP macrumors member

PackyP

I love my gold S2 42mm. Looks good with a lot of different bands.

7. jakerichva Suspended

My wife bought me the gold S2 42mm for our 50th anniversary (gold, right?). I like it. I have a black link band (an elcheapo from BestBuy). it's a good combination.

8. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

I got the Series 1 in Brushed Gold aluminum with a great Black Friday sale from Target. It came with the cocoa band, and my wife said she wasn't too fond of the color combination. I bought this black leather band from Amazon for $20 and both me and my wife like the look much better. The stitching in the leather matches the gold nicely. The actual connector does NOT color match (it's silver), but that doesn't bother me. I'm sure some people would heavily cringe from it. Overall I think it looks more interesting than the plain black.

IMG_5415.JPG

IMG_5417.JPG
    --- Post Merged, Dec 20, 2016 ---
    ps -- it's interesting how Mickey looks pixelized in the picture, but perfect to the human eye. Here's the link to the band if anyone is interested. It's the black in 42mm. I have zero stake in the company or product, I just like it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0176EBR9U/

9. PackyP macrumors member

PackyP

Want to sell your cocoa band by chance?

10. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

Yep, I got the gold as it goes with my phone and rMBP :)

Attached Files:

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The Gold aluminum is cheap looking to me. If Apple ever released a gold stainless, then perhaps.

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I have the S1 gold aluminum watch and like it a lot. It usually wear it with a black band - the Classic buckle, an x-Doria Milanese band, or the black sport band. My lady thinks it looks great and I agree.

13. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Yeah exactly like a gold IPhone 7 Plus:mad::D

14. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

You must be on the wrong thread, because a Gold iPhone isn't relevant to an Apple Watch thread or assisting the OP in any matter. He was Asking specifics with the Gold Apple aluminum Apple Watch. And an Apple Watch is a wearable device, hence the iPhone is not comparable here.

15. Sunny1990, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

You can't ignore it,if gold alminium/watch looks cheap to you than why did you bought gold IPhone (both having same color same 7000 series aluminum) @Relentless Power owns Gold iPhone 7 Plus

16. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Your question is off topic and isn't revelant to this specific Watch thread, as already noted previously. You can post your specific question on the listed iPhone forum link below for reference:

http://forums.macrumors.com/forums/iphone.99/

17. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

It's actually tempting, but I'm going to hold on to it "just in case." :)

18. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Sure, I'd get one. It won't bling as well as my gold-plated Rado does, and bracelets won't look good on it unless they were also gold (or at least two-tone). But why can't guys wear gold?

19. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

They make both gold and rose gold in 42mm sizes, so I don't think Apple intended them to be geared toward females only. Although rose gold is a little feminine looking, the regular gold isn't feminine looking at all.

20. macdragonfl, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016

macdragonfl macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

The gold watch to me actually looks more premium than the silver, especially when you use bands with the gold adapters and buckles. Of course you have to get most of those third party. Monowear and Clockwork Synergy allow you to choose the colors. I have the silver and gold Monowear metal link one like the previous poster has it looks amazing.

21. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Gold is easily favored by male or female. Rose gold, clearly was leaning towards the female preference. There is nothing wrong with a male sporting Rose Gold, but not in the brushed aluminum sense. High polished rose gold might be more catching. I actually considered Rose Gold for an iPhone this year. But not so For an Apple Watch.

22. Ffosse macrumors 6502a

I don't think it looks feminine - I have an iPad Mini 4 in Gold and, since my iPhone 7 is matte black went for the space grey Watch 2.

But gold is nice - I don't like the Rose Gold iPhone look as much.

23. TheSteves macrumors member

Looks great. What color band is that?

24. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest