Any news sugar testing will be in next series Apple watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shankar2, May 4, 2019.

1. shankar2 macrumors 6502a

So I know it’s a very complicated technology to get a watch to monitor blood sugar, but i read a few months ago companies including Apple, Google are doing this cutting edge research as it’ll be a blockbuster money minting watch.

Anyone come across any related news for this?

2. AppleGuesser macrumors regular

AppleGuesser

I think this is more in relation to Dexcom and other continuous glucose monitors that have direct connection to the sensor and Apple Watch in the series 4 and future models. I wear one myself and it’s great!

Attached Files:

3. HDFan macrumors 65816

There was a mention in MacRumors at least a year ago mentioning Tim Cook wearing an Apple watch that monitored blood sugar. As everything has been silent since guess they haven't worked it out yet.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I doubt this technology would be ready for the Series 5 Apple Watch, as we would likely would’ve heard more about it at this point. I would suspect it’s at least another year/maybe two years out. But there’s no doubt it’s likely coming for the Apple Watch at some point, as that would be the next major breakthrough for a health feature.

5. ActionableMango, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019

ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

If you mean getting the readings from one of those NFC pucks (like Freestyle Libre) onto your Apple Watch, there are ways to do that right now. Do a search for "blucon apple watch".

If you mean non-invasive monitoring from a sensor in the watch, I suspect that we are several years away from that. Here is the latest news about that topic, as far as I'm aware:
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...-work-on-non-invasive-glucose-monitoring-tech

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

For the watch to be able to, by it's self, calculate your blood's glucose is 2-3 years down the road.

It will remain invasive for a while for sure.

7. shankar2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys yes it’ll be a huge money making device n game changer