Any NHL fans?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AppleFanBoy91, Mar 9, 2014.

1. AppleFanBoy91 macrumors newbie

2. rdowns, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. AppleFanBoy91 thread starter macrumors newbie

And apparently, you miss 100% of the words you don't read. :D NHL stands for National Hockey League... Not football!

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He is a Jets fan, and they are always skating on thin ice.:p

6. AppleFanBoy91 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

8. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Hawks fan here, kiss the ring
    [​IMG]

Oh, this one too

[​IMG]

:D i think they have a pretty good chance this year to repeat if they stay healthy and away from the ducks in the playoffs.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I hope my Bruins get a rematch with the Hawks in the SCF this year. That series was one of the best I've ever seen. If only our top guys were healthy last June, there might have been a different result. :(

10. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

well to be fair nobody was healthy for the finals, let alone the playoffs. the schedule was so packed and in an interview Toews said that there wasn't someone that was not in pain. i would have wanted to see the penguins play the hawks.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The Penguins are overrated.. their defense was suspect last year, and it's more suspect this year. Blackhawks would have swept the Pens just like the Bruins did last year.

No doubt everyone plays through injuries, especially at that point.

But man, our three most important players were severely hampered by the end of that series. Bergeron had a separated shoulder, broken ribs, torn rib cartilage, and a punctured lung. Chara (hip flexor) & Seidenberg (torn hamstring) were each playing on one leg. If they were as healthy as Toews, Keith, and Seabrook were in that series.. it could have been different. Obviously there's tons of other factors though and lots of other guys playing through injuries. If I remember correctly Shaw on the Hawks was pretty banged up yet he still had a great series.

That was a hell of a series though, like I said, best one I can remember. Every game decided by a single goal. 3(?) games went to overtime. We can only hope this year's finals end up that good. That's why I want a rematch.. if the Bruins can stay remotely healthy they can beat the Hawks. ;)

12. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I'm a diehard San Jose Sharks fan, no two ways about it. I went to the first regular season game they played as a new franchise (They beat the Calgary Flames!) and haven't looked back. Over the years they've done quite well, but man they often like to choke in the playoffs. Fingers crossed it won't be the same this year.

13. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Die hard South Florida sports fan. Tears of joys ran down my cheeks when the Heat won in 06, and the last two years, but my heart belongs to the Panthers. I had season tickets with them for 11 years before moving to Greece a few years ago, and now I order NHL Gamecenter every year, just to watch them miss the playoffs lol. Hopefully with the new owner promises that the team will spend to the cap from here on out, we can finally have the funds to turn this thing around. The Luongo deal was a great way to start!

14. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Great move by the Panthers! They could be big spenders in the offseason this year as well. And Game Center is awesome!

Go Leafs :apple:

15. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Well, the Luongo deal probably was great for the Panthers, but bad for the Canucks and Canucks fans. However, with that said, Lack did a pretty good job last Saturday for the Canucks... nevermind that fluke of a goal he let by coming in from centre ice.

I will say, it was a disappointment to go to the Heritage game and not see Luongo tending goal.

16. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Id agree, that series was one of the best. Hard to say its better than beating the wings in game 7 over time coming back from being down 3 games to 0 though.

----------

I think ive seen you! I mean theres like 10 people in the arena so you have to be one of them right? #

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

18. malman89, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014

malman89 macrumors 68000

Is that what they made up for getting burned repeatedly in the SCF by superior speed? Pylon Syndrome it is!

Better be. I always had a mini grudge with the city of St. Louis due to some friends from college, but now that you have Ryan Miller, I might have to let that slide. If they don't win this year, they might start getting the San Jose Sharks treatment - regular season studs, playoff duds.

---

Re: OP, I don't really align with just one team. I've played hockey and been a hockey fan my whole life. I'm from and currently live in the Detroit Metro area, but I wouldn't really call myself a Wings fan. I was a Pens (Those 90s teams - Lemieux, Jagr, Barrasso) and Leafs (thanks, CBC) fan growing up more than a Wings fan. As I've grown older, I've just become more of a neutral observer and fan of all things hockey.

19. NukeIT macrumors regular

Bruins fan here. And love NHL Gamecenter since that's the only way I ever get to watch a game living in SoCal.

20. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

They could be big spenders, but I expect Tallon to be more active in the trade market. We are set at center, with Barkov, Bjugstad, Trocheck, and Shore, and we have Huberdeau on wing, but we could really use a top six RW or two. I really want Tallon to go after Eberle, but Im not sure how expensive that may be, player/pick wise. I think in free agency, Tallon makes an huge offer to Vanek, but in the end, he signs Moulson. My ideal offseason would be trading for Eberle, and signing Callahan and Niskanen.

Huberdeau - Bjugstad - Eberle
    Bergenheim - Barkov - Callahan
    Pirri - Trocheck - Boyes
    Winchester - Shore - Hayes

Campbell - Niskanen
    Kulikov - Gudbranson
    Olsen - Petrovic

Luongo
    Ellis

Barkov and Bjugstad are going to be one of the top 1-2 punches down the middle in the league. As much as I love Barkov, I am extremely high on Bjugstad. Kid has ALL the skill to be a dominant center in this league. 6-6, can skate, has soft hands for his size, a blistering shot, and is physical. Yeah, Bjuggernaut, as we call him, is going to be star!

For a team that has been horribly bad for most of its existence (four playoff appearances in 20 years), we have some of the most dedicated fans around.

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I love anytime the Bruins beat up on the Canadiens. :D

Great game tonight.

Should we get this thread merged with the other NHL thread?

22. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

23. jillymayr macrumors newbie

jillymayr

24. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I thought the Ducks had a moderate amount of fans or perhaps it really is HAD.

Can't be as bad as the Kings had been for some years! haha

25. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i could imagine! i wish hawks tickets were as cheap as yours.