iPad Pro Any Omnigraffle alternatives?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by emaz, Jan 30, 2016.

1. emaz macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2016
    Finally jumped in and got the IPP, Pencil and keyboard. I'm no artist, but this is a great tool for business on the go and fast software fixes. I love the Omni apps and have used Omnigraffle on my Mac but $50 for an app that I will use only occasionally seems steep. I don't need the feature set, I don't need tons of stencils or UML. I just need something IPP/Pencil centric that will allow me to draw out basic diagrams to gather my thoughts on software development -- mostly shape recognition, lines, arrows and connectors. Would like something easy to use. Won't get in my way, just wanna sketch out ideas.

Unless... and I am open to this if any Omnigraffle pros wanna speak up .... unless Omnigraffle is really THAT good and worth the $50?

While we're talking Apps... Coda sure looks good for $10. Grabbed that first thing. Ipad code changes? Yep! Nice.
  2. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Sep 16, 2014
    Ithoughts is great mindmapping software

Touchdraw is something I use a lot for process mapping and is optimised for IPP.

There are others such as Graffio though that one not updated for quite a while.
  3. Robnsn2015 macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2015
    I just bought Omnigraffle. It looks like the best alternative for Visio-type apps. I'm going to experiment with it for a while, but it is good to know of alternatives. I wish Microsoft would create a version of Visio for iPad. That would be great for UML and database diagrams.