Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Make sure you credit card is already in there and have it handy as you might need to insert the three numbers on the back.

This is huge. Make sure your credit card info and address are current and you have the card in hand just in case. Seconds could equal weeks of waiting.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Make sure your payment information/address is all correct on your account before pre-order time. The Apple Store app tends to be the quickest and easiest way to order, because it usually goes live before the main site. Aside from that, you need to count all of your lucky stars and cross all of your extremities. The X is going to sell out extraordinarily fast and it won't be available for months after that, you'd likely be looking at early 2018 - at which point each month that goes by means it's less worth while.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Make sure your payment information/address is all correct on your account before pre-order time. The Apple Store app tends to be the quickest and easiest way to order, because it usually goes live before the main site. Aside from that, you need to count all of your lucky stars and cross all of your extremities. The X is going to sell out extraordinarily fast and it won't be available for months after that, you'd likely be looking at early 2018 - at which point each month that goes by means it's less worth while.

Anyone getting the X in November is already jacked for September 2018. If you are insane enough to actually wait till 2018, you are royally hosed for the next September release if you are on a 12 month upgrade plan.

My deadline would be maybe be the second week of December, tops. After, I wouldn't bother.

Reactions: Sigp232

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
I am curious to how many people will be able to get one on launch day. I am fully prepared to get mine sometime in December.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I am curious to how many people will be able to get one on launch day. I am fully prepared to get mine sometime in December.

I forget who wrote it, but it's expected Apple will have about 12 million for launch, but demand will exceed 50 million.

And it's sure to be one of the most sought after Christmas gifts.

There will be ugliness.

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
I forget who wrote it, but it's expected Apple will have about 12 million for launch, but demand will exceed 50 million.

And it's sure to be one of the most sought after Christmas gifts.

There will be ugliness.
I fully expect this launch to be worse than the iPhone 6/6Plus like someone else said. I would like to know how much the 8/8Plus helps the X launch though.

It's best if people not get their hopes up. I will be waking at 3AM local time to preorder. When I preordered the 6 I didn't get my order through till 30+ mins later but I still got it on launch day. Of course the 6Plus was the one that slipped for many weeks after a few mins.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
The 8 and 8+ sales might take the edge off a bit, but I wouldn't expect much of a difference. Unless all the analysts are wrong, this X launch is going to suck worse than the gold iPhone 5S, 6+ and Jet Black.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I just read an article posted on TheStreet.com where Apple may delay the shipping until Dec. Maybe fake news, but what is Apple doing if true?

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I just read an article posted on TheStreet.com where Apple may delay the shipping until Dec. Maybe fake news, but what is Apple doing if true?

Just found that article as well. More likely than not, it's fake news, but you never know these days.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
I'm just not comfortable having an iPhone X and someone just grabbing my phone and pointing it at my face and having access to it.

Ya know, I hadn't even thought about that, and haven't read this before. It's so obvious also :D.
Just mind boggling I din't think of it.

This is very strange. So how would they address this? Off hand I see no way (but I'm obviously not on top of it :D. I guess for someone like me it wouldn't be an issue, so I did't see it, but it would be a HUGE issue for many.

I'm actually confused now.

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
Ya know, I hadn't even thought about that, and haven't read this before. It's so obvious also :D.
Just mind boggling I din't think of it.

This is very strange. So how would they address this? Off hand I see no way (but I'm obviously not on top of it :D. I guess for someone like me it wouldn't be an issue, so I did't see it, but it would be a HUGE issue for many.

I'm actually confused now.
Your eyes have to be open and looking at the iPhone I'm pretty sure.

I can say that since I've owned my very first cell phone (~15 years ago) that this scenario has never happened to me.

Reactions: Mr.C and Geert76

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Your eyes have to be open and looking at the iPhone I'm pretty sure.

I can say that since I've owned my very first cell phone (~15 years ago) that this scenario has never happened to me.

I'm having trouble following the logic here :D

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
As a trial run, I have added the iPhone 8 to my favorites in the Apple Store app. I don't see where I call up my favorite to add to my bag and check out. When I click on the heart it just goes from a filled heart to not filled heart. Help!
[doublepost=1507129475][/doublepost]
For OP: Sleep in and order it when you get up in the morning. ( one less for me )

Hah hah very funny;don’t count on it.

dmontopoli

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2016
As a trial run, I have added the iPhone 8 to my favorites in the Apple Store app. I don't see where I call up my favorite to add to my bag and check out. When I click on the heart it just goes from a filled heart to not filled heart. Help!
[doublepost=1507129475][/doublepost]

When you access the Apple Store app, tap on the Account icon along the bottom of the screen. You will then see your favorites. Tap on the image of your favorite and you are taken to the checkout process for that item, with your carrier, size color, etc. already selected.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Everyone thinks they're getting their iPhone X on 11/3 and everyone else is getting theirs on 12/25.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
About selecting your carrier: I'm on AT&T, and I'd like to buy an unlocked iPhone X, but as usual, it's not an option during preorders. In the past, I seem to remember that possibly Verizon and/or Tmobile were unlocked, and you could put your AT&T sim in one of those models, and it would work fine. Is this correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.