Any Tips for ordering iPhone X on 10/27?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolbreeze2, Oct 3, 2017.

1. BigTomCallaghan macrumors regular

The T-Mobile version is unlocked AND you don't need to enter carrier information, however I believe I read that it will not work with Verizon and Sprint SIMs. As an AT&T customer, that is what I will be doing...

2. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Thank you! I was mainly concerned about entering the carrier info during preorder slowing me down.

3. mrklaw macrumors 68000

Same here in the UK - have my debit card on file in the Apple store app, have Apple Pay set up using the same debit card - but when I preordered the 8 it didn’t give me Apple Pay as an option - just credit card requiring the 3 digit code

4. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

If I have Apple pay setup with my credit card, and use it on Apple store app can you pay the full amount for an X? I thought was a max of £30?

If you can in UK you get credit protection posting for purchases over £100, would this still be correct if pay with Apple pay?

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apple Pay works just fine for me in the Apple Store app here in the U.K.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2017 ---
    Apple has no limit on using Apple Pay in their retail stores or their online store.

6. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

How weird. Wonder why that is.

7. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

I posted asking about this in the Apple preorder thread. I want to buy the Verizon iPhone X, but tried to make a trial run with the 8 Plus. I'm on AT&T and cannot order the Verizon edition without actually having a Verizon account. The 8/8 Plus have the sim-free option, but in general Apple preorders do not have the sim-free option, meaning us with AT&T have to buy a Verizon edition if we want it able to be used on Verizon. The issue as I said, Apple.com will not let us preorder a Verizon phone for use on AT&T.

8. Macalway macrumors 68020

So in summary:

The fastest for ATT is a T-Moble unlocked, using the Apple Store app (iOS), with it in your favorites?

Or does it make any difference if you have ATT in favorites?

9. mrsvoussy macrumors member

mrsvoussy

I've never ordered from the app. I've always ordered from the website or AT&T. I know on the computer, I would just keep hitting refresh until the site came back up. But what do you do for the app? Keep closing it and reopening? Or will it refresh it self when it comes up?

10. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Yes, keep closing and reopening it: don't trust it to refresh itself.

11. matthewv1227 Contributor

I am in a very very similar boat... I ended up getting a flip phone (LG VR 3 or something, $50 outright) through Verizon, 30 ish a month for extremely basic service. I am now able to order a VZ iPhone as an upgrade, and I'll just have to upgrade my plan upon preordering. This may be your easiest solution. You can also port your number over after you receive your X, so you aren't stuck using the flip phone before you get it.

12. JarScott macrumors 601

JarScott

Close the app from the app switcher each time. It forces a relaunch, safer bet than trusting it to refresh itself.

13. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

This is very true but as I found to my frustration some banks do have a limit so when apple go to charge the card before shipment it gets declined..I’ve had this happen 2 years running. It’s only this year I actually found out what the problem was

14. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Ah that's what I wondering, in UK anyway, so safer to just use credit card on file?

15. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

Yeah that’s what I’m gonna do