Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petekjohnson

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Springfield, MO
I LOVE the new 2FA in Monterey. I can frictionlessly log into almost any site, even including a 2FA code, all without doing much more than tapping my finger on the Touch ID button. But this really only works in Safari. Are there any third party utilities, or any other methods, of tapping the iCloud Password info to enable similar frictionless logins in apps other than Safari? Right now, I have to switch to Safari > Preferences > Passwords, locate the relevant password info, and then toggle back and forth to copy and paste the username, password, and (optionally) the 2FA code. WHich is not the worst thing in the world, but it would certainly be nice if you could skip it.

Or, are there any Mac apps basides Apple first party apps that can use Touch ID for authentication???

Thanks,

Pete

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
You can use 1Password to autofill in other browsers, along with 2FA codes. You can unlock it using Touch ID or by double-clicking the side button on an Watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.