Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
When in 2009 did they release iwork 09? Do they release the two at once or are they separate? iwork 09 wasn't anything too special so I'm excited for the new one.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Now WWDC is over, any news on iWork / iLife updates?
None.

When in 2009 did they release iwork 09? Do they release the two at once or are they separate? iwork 09 wasn't anything too special so I'm excited for the new one.
IIRC they were released separately in January. iWork came out right after MacWorld and iLife was released a couple weeks later. They have always been separate products.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
Now that 2010 is 1/2 over... Apple wont name it iLife 10... it will be iLife 11.

And who knows when it will be released. Best guess: Sometime between now and then.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Grrr.

Seems their iLife / iWork teams are probably busy making iPad versions.

Saw somewhere Apple are raking in $1million / day from the iPad version of iWork. No competition from MS Office (or Open Office) there, and seems it's selling better than the desktop version.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Now WWDC is over, and we're halfway through 2010, any news on iWork / iLife updates? From the table above, it's been 18 months since the last release.

I am just about to buy a Mac Box Set Family Pack as we have several laptops still on Leopard, and we need a couple of features in iLife '09 but i'm gonna be very annoyed if new releases of iWork / iLife come out just after I buy the box with the '09 versions.

We won't hear anything about it for a few more months. Likely '11 media event or a silent update in August/Sept. Granted, Apple could just release the software tomorrow. Nobody knows, but that's a safe bet right now.

BudgetBaby

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
I wonder if iWork will be updated with the iMacs in the next week or two?

I need an iMac and I really want iWork (I have 08) but won't but until its they're updated.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
The 16th and 17th of next week have been tossed around. I don't know if Apple would want to show it at an event (if it does launch on these dates it's too late to send out invites for an event) or if they would just put it up.

KirkL

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
United States
The 16th and 17th of next week have been tossed around. I don't know if Apple would want to show it at an event (if it does launch on these dates it's too late to send out invites for an event) or if they would just put it up.

Why the 16th and the 17th? Any specific reason?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.