Anybody else downsizing from a 6 Plus to a 6S...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stretch80, Sep 17, 2015.

1. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

Just was curious to see if anyone else is downsizing from 6 Plus to the 6S? I loved my 6 Plus size but found it was a bit too bulky for my pockets and work apparel. I was never a big fan of belt clips because they always seemed to come loose and fall off. I figured it was time to give the smaller size a try again. Anybody else share my thoughts?

2. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

I'm going to be carrying 2 Pluses in my pockets soon - a 6+ and a 6S+. I realize I joke around when I say that I'll have some pretty protected thighs. I have a feeling it might get a bit uncomfortable, but coming from the Android / Galaxy Note world, I wouldn't want a smaller iPhone. Of course, we all have our opinions. What matters is you're happy with your selection.

3. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I contemplate it every once in a while but.....I left Apple a couple years ago for a bigger phone, just got sick of the same ol' thing.

I've had the Note 3&4 and now the 6+! Love my plus, not sure I could go to a smaller phone again!!

4. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Harvey Specter

Definitely. I love everything about the 6 plus, but I found that I missed the one handed texting (that I didn't have to adjust my grip for), and that in my work pants it would peak out of my pocket more than I would have liked. It was also just big enough so that any case I put on that would protect it reasonably well would feel way too bulky, and that bugged me.

I will surely miss the larger screen real estate and the incredible battery, but I'm excited for the 6s.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

I'm downsizing as well. I enjoyed the performance of the 6 more than the 6 Plus that I have now so I preordered a 6s.

6. Macsidia macrumors regular

Macsidia

I think a phone size exactly between the 6s & 6s+ would of been perfect for me.

7. pukrnukr macrumors member

I've been going back and forth.... I was playing with a 6 at Best Buy and I realized it's basically as easy as the iPhone 5 was to text one handed.... It made me start thinking about changing my order to a 6S because I think 3D Touch is going to be way easier to use one handed too. But I'm just worried the battery on the 6S is going to be way to small.

8. Nelliebee macrumors member

Nelliebee

I am downsizing also. It seems like the right thing to do since I sometimes find the plus uncomfortably big but I also at times have my doubts and worry I'll miss the plus.

9. stretch80, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

stretch80 thread starter macrumors regular

stretch80

My feelings exactly. If I end up missing the Plus too much I'll just get the larger phone next year. It'll be nice not having a brick in my pocket though:D

10. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I downsized from a 6 plus to a 6. Initially I did enjoy the smaller version. However, days after getting the 6, I was definitely missing the reasons why i opted for the 6 plus. Better screen, better battery, and a bigger screen. The 6 plus is a joy and pleasure to use. If apple would of done a 5'0 or even a 5'2 for the 6....that would of made the decision that more difficult:D

11. Dellfanboy macrumors member

I love my 6. Perfect for my frail hands!

12. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I'm downsizing. The 6+ just didn't fit in most of my pockets and one-handed operations were mostly impossible.

13. MacintoshDan macrumors regular

I had a 6 on launch day. Couple of months ago I dabbled in a 6+. I actually ordered a 6s+ but T-Mobile ordered me a 6s. I'm good with it. I am not thrilled with the plus. It's too big, I really hate carrying it around. I only like the battery life boost, which for me hasn't really been enough for it to be worth it. I'm scared I'll miss it in the other hand.....

14. Reksy macrumors member

I tried a 6plus last year, didnt like it. Stayed on a Note 4 ever since, and 1-handability is just too important to me. Getting a 6s 128.

15. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

A 5 incher would be perfect but the 4.7" really is too small after owning a 6+, and I could never lose the 1080p screen.

16. NativeTxn macrumors regular

I'm going the other way this time around. I've has the 6 since launch last year and I pre-ordered the 6s Plus this time. Figure I'll have 14 days to exchange it if I can't get used to it, but thought I wanted to give the bigger one a go and see what it's like. We will see...

17. Anand953 macrumors regular

Am doubtful if I will regret buying the 6s later. I stay in Dubai and it's still a couple of weeks for the phones to hit the market I guess.. I own a blackberry z30 for office purposes as sim provided by office works only with bb for data packages (with international roaming :))

After using the 5" size of the BB, I felt the 6 screen to be small when I tried it at an Apple Store. The 6plus feels much better in terms of screen real estate.

18. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I am. I've enjoyed my 6 Plus a great deal this past year, but I'm ready for something a bit more portable and easier to exercise and go for a run with. Going from a 64GB space gray plus to a 128GB rose gold 6s. Pretty stoked!

19. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

Replacing my 6plus with the 6s and iPad mini 4, a great combination. Always thought the 6plus would replace the mini, but did not really fit the bill.

20. Bilemshious macrumors member

Bilemshious

I'm downgrading from 6+ to a 6s. I know it's all about personal preference, but for me the 6+ was just too big. My hands aren't big or small, so it wasn't really about that. It was mostly about fitting in my pockets. Where I live, I often take a taxi. If I have to take my phone out of my pocket every time I need to get in and out of a taxi, it's more likely to get left in said taxi.

21. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Yeah I'm going down to a 6S. It's my main reason for upgrading. It has just slowly grated on me over time and now I'm done. Can't wait! It was an experiment that failed. I stuck with it, however, and one week from now it will all be over.

As others have mentioned a 5" would have been perfect for me. I'm hoping that for the iPhone 7, Apple does 4", 5" and 6" sizes with reduced bezels. The phone dimensions would roughly match the 3.5", 4.7", and 5.5" iPhones in physical size but with bigger displays. Make them all true @3X retina, liquid metal tech for a seamless casing, inductive or wireless charging, integrated into the display home button and Touch ID, and longer battery life and I'll be all over that one as well.

22. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Thinking about picking up a mini 4 as well to complement the 6s. Kinda torn though as I have an Air 2 right now that's pretty solid. Good point on the 6 Plus not really replacing the mini. Size wise it's decent competition but aspect ratio and defaulting to phone versions of everything are what made the 6 Plus not really a tablet replacement.

23. stretch80 thread starter macrumors regular

stretch80

I'm a big fan of the iPad mini as well. I'm gonna order the Mini 4 this weekend and sell my Mini 3.

24. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

I went the opposite, after reading the reasons to go back to the 6 I'm glad I have 14 days to try it.

25. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I love everything about my 6 plus. My only complaint is that it doesn't pocket well. My wife's 6 looks so compact and pocket friendly in comparison.

However I do worry that I will miss the large screen. I do have large hands and so my fingers never have problems reaching. I also worry about the smaller battery, which is even smaller in the 6S.