Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amazonpam

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Returned mine

Yeah, I'm picking mine up from FEDEX today but I think I'm going to simply return it this weekend without even opening it. My enthusiasm completely wore off. :)

Checked the store inventory for 2 solid weeks and finally got one a week ago Friday. Got home and realized I got caught up in the chase and returned it on Monday. My brother in law who wanted to buy my old iPad has been trying to convinced me that I made a mistake.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I debated for a while if I was going to upgrade. I decided recently that I just don't need it. I still love my original iPad, and will most likely upgrade with the next revision in a year, especially since I plan on getting an iPhone 5.

fherjohn

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2010
I walked in march 22 and picked mine up. They didn't have the one I wanted in stock (32gb wifi) so I walked right out. Walked back in and got the 32 AT&T. I was gonna return within 14 day period and hope to get a wifi model. I stuck with this 3G and couldn't be happier! I probably didn't need the 3G since I have an iPhone 4, but my excuse is I get to keep my unlimited data on my phone.

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
Seems like most people that say they've lost interest in iP2, already have an iPad. If I hadn't walked into an iP2 on launch day, I probably would've bought the $529 64GB 3G iPad from at$t. But, I have to say, for $200 more, I'm extremely happy with my iP2 wifi. I am looking forward to the MBA refresh, though. If the 11" has up to 8GB of ram, thunderbolt, and up to 512 SSD, I'm there!

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
The military online store has over 5K orders waiting to be filled! :eek:

They've even taken the option away to purchase, at this moment, for any new orders. So I'm quite sure a lot of them are throwing up their hands. Granted, they can, or possibly already have bought it commercially.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Ordered iPad 1 on launch day and my 3G arrived the day of its release. After announcement of iPad 2, I got caught up in the upgrade fervor. However, did NOT participate in any line. With each passing day of the farce that has been the release of iPad 2, I was able to reflect on others' reviews. I played with a Apple Store display unit. After a while, I said " meh".

Had the model I wanted in my hand 10 days ago...and didn't buy it. Apple lost out on what was going to be an impulse upgrade. We'll see if iPad 3 offers up a more convincing reason to upgrade (and a more pleasant purchasing experience).

vga4life

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
Pretty much, interest lost.

Having had some time to reconsider, I don't think an iPad is in my future - mostly because I refuse to browse the web without adblock and/or noscript (or equivalents), and I'm not going to waste my time fighting Apple to use a device I purchased in the way that I want (e.g. by jailbreaking.)

But if one had been available launch weekend when I was in an apple store for unrelated reasons (picking up a new MBP,) I might have bought one. Now, forget it.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I think getting news that a JB has been released for IPad 2 will reenergize your feelings.

I think this is the only thing that would get me wanting to buy one now. If Apple had allowed preorders, I'd have pulled the trigger on one the second after the introduction, as I was in that "new product euphoria" state where I'll make an impulse purchase on things like this. But now after having time to put my iPad 1 side by side with an iPad 2, and see that in day to day tasks my original performs faster due to the FakeClockUp Cydia tweak, I don't really see the need in the iPad 2, for what I do (I don't play games on it, that's what my PS3 and iPhone are for). But once it's jailbroken, and I can install the FakeClockUp tweak on it, I'm pretty sure I'll have to fight the bug to buy it once again.

On that note, anyone with an iPad 1...jailbreak it and install FakeClockUp, if you do nothing else. Set it to x2.0 or greater, and as long as you're not an iPad gamer, it'll make your iPad seem like a totally new device.

Jigsawjammer

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
NYC
I just bought a Verizon 32gb and wondering if I made a big mistake. I don't know if I really need an iPad. I hope a little time will help.

Anyone have suggestions of apps to change my mind quickly in the app store?

Thanks

ghdtpdna

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
I got mine upon release. Yet I can understand how a long wait can kill the excitement. The iPad 2 is a bit nicer than my original, but not as improved as Apple usually makes their second gen products. Frankly it's a bit cheap feeling compared to the original.

That said, I've been an Apple user a long time, neither the iPhone 4 or iPad 2 are Apple's best efforts. Not bad, just not up to what they are capable of.

Are you saying that iPhone 2g to 3G was a big improvement?
I thought the only difference was 3G chip which is major but the only thing.
3g to 3GS was significant in terms of CPU/gpu. 3GS to 4 CPU basically stayed the same with a major improvement in resolution and camera.

So you are saying more than double the performance and addition of two cameras isn't big as well as the dimensional improvements?
Just because ipad1 still runs well doesnt mean 2 isn't a huge improvement.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
I'm over it too. I can't see the big pull to buy one despite people with them saying I HAVE to have one. I brought every iphone first day but this just leaves me indifferent.

Dare I say- It's JUST a big I touch!

Most apps I want to use haven't been converted (like facebook) and look silly in the middle of a big screen.

With the phone I can justify its usefullness to me but this will just be another internet browser- It can't really do anything useful

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
I'm over it too. I can't see the big pull to buy one despite people with them saying I HAVE to have one. I brought every iphone first day but this just leaves me indifferent.

Dare I say- It's JUST a big I touch!

Most apps I want to use haven't been converted (like facebook) and look silly in the middle of a big screen.

With the phone I can justify its usefullness to me but this will just be another internet browser- It can't really do anything useful

Yeah, running the real, web-based facebook, is the pits. It's almost like being on my MBP. In fact, it's exactly like that. Anyone who says an iPad is a big iPod touch is ignorant. :rolleyes:

lionqueen

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2009
Nobuyers remorse here :) had mine for a couple two three weeks and I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it. Ipad 1 has gone to the fiance, who is fine with it as he's not a big computer/internet person. He mostly uses it to play Touch Tanks annd Angry Birds Rio, and the occasional pr0n site when he thinks I'm not looking.

Me, I'm On my ipad 2 all the time. My poor Asus g71 is getting lonely :(

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
Nobuyers remorse here :) had mine for a couple two three weeks and I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it. Ipad 1 has gone to the fiance, who is fine with it as he's not a big computer/internet person. He mostly uses it to play Touch Tanks annd Angry Birds Rio, and the occasional pr0n site when he thinks I'm not looking.

Me, I'm On my ipad 2 all the time. My poor Asus g71 is getting lonely :(

Fiancé probably thinks it's a big iPod touch.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Fiancé probably thinks it's a big iPod touch.

My BIGGEST problem is that my wife won't let me have one!

Seriously apple need to appeal to teh wives and partners of teh world to show them what it can do for them and that' it's not juts another way of browsing the internet and playing games and taking their husbands away from them

lionqueen

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2009
Your wife won't :::let::: you have one? My partner and I discuss purchases if its over a few hundred bucks, but if one of us really, really wants someting, the other doesnt say no. Presumably you work and make your own money, no? Explain to her that you really want it. If she's worried it'll take you away from her, promise her that won't happen, and MEAN it. Perhaps even promise to turn it off ar certain times. Let her know you'll work with her and understand her worries, but... You want an ipad 2, and you're going to get one.

I can't imagine telling my fiance "no, you can't have that.". Or him telling me that, for that matter. Life's too short.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I bought one but returned it because of the backlight issue and a stuck pixel. I haven't had a strong urge to get another one since then...

*shrug*

NeonGreenHermit

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
UK
Pre-launch I got super hyped up as much as the next Apple fan, and cursed not selling my iPad sooner to get a good price to trade up with... but as launch day came and went, I am amazed at how quickly my desire faded.

I think it's a superb purchase for first time buyers - it really is - but I think there is an element of consumer madness that affects Apple fans. A sort of 'keeping up with the Jobs's' [sic] that creates an addictive obsession with having the latest accessories at all times, or feeling so last year. It sounds all hippy, but sometimes I disgust myself when I see something tragic on the news and reflect upon my first world problem of how to procure the next iThing iWant. I love Apple, always will, they're business geniuses and make excellent products... but no longer feel the need to pointlessly upgrade my stuff every year. When a new iPad arrives with Thunderbolt and a retina screen, I'll make the leap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.