Anybody here with a hacked Wii or Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by fireshot91, Dec 31, 2008.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I'm lost, and I want to just play back-ups of MY games because my Wii kills my disks. I have version 3.3u , whatever that is, and I need to mod it (correct term?)

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Don't worry, Nintendo will replace scratched disks. If it's a common occurrence contact them and get them to replace your system.

3. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

For real? well, for my 360, I just want to hack it :D, not for my Wii though lol

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Discussions on illegal activity is clamped down upon in this forum.

Also is it me or does anyone else find that peeps hiding behind the term 'backup' is really annoying.

5. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

Unless you happen to be a parent tired of buying two or three copies of the same thing because the kids ruined the current one. My wife and I typically buy a video, and immediately burn it to a backup disk. The backup goes into the case, the original gets put away.

I haven't done it for games yet, but probably will.

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

How about doing a little parenting and having some discipline and responsibility instilled in your children? Maybe try to teach the kids that things cost money and they should respect them. If they destroy it, its gone, its as simple as that. Every time you buy a new one (after they ruin a copy) all it tells them is they can do whatever they like and you will just buy a new one.

And people wonder why kids these days have a attitude as if they are entitled to everything and act like spoiled brats.. Stop letting your kids walk all over you and be a parent, that solves the need for any sort of backup. Don't blame the system when the root cause was you all along basically. A lack of parenting skills isn't a valid reason to break the EULA you agreed to when you purchased the game or movie.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Very well put and I fully agree with you.

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

[​IMG]

9. pcypert macrumors 6502

My friends came over and their kids were left alone in my living room for 3 minutes and managed to make coasters of 8 different 360 games. 8 in 3 minutes. It's easy to say "parent" but no parent no matter how good is with kids 100% of the time.

Add to this a known problem with some 360's themselves scratching disks and you see a need for backups.

I do it for everything I have and won't buy a system that won't allow me to. If that sounds dodgy so be it. But I actually have kids (I host a lot of traveling families so don't have the option of being a "parent") in my house and know how quickly all digital media can disappear.

They've made a good first stride in letting you put the games on your hard drive, but still need the disk to play right? For me also in Thailand you can't buy a non-modded Xbox so for me there was no other option so I might as well buy the backups, but you can come to my house and see the originals safely tucked away with backups out for kids and others to play.

10. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

*claps*

Well said sir, well said.

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Bravo!!!!!!

12. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I have every system in my house, tons of cds, tons of dvds and so on.
    My son is/has been allowed to USE my games and movies for years, 1 at a time and only gets another one when the first one is returned.
    Expensive media is kept out of the mainstream areas.
    My son scratched Halo and wasn't able to play it, nor did I replace it.
    He lost a xbox memory card, I did n't replace that either.
    On both occassions he used his allowance to replace both.

He is extremely spoiled but he is also held accountable for his actions.

He is 18 and in college. The other night he left the hometheater a mess after a late night of gaming. The next day he cleaned the HT up and understood when I told him he wouldn't be able to use the HT for 2 days.
    He cleaned up and apologized for leaving the HT a mess.

13. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

Easy, tiger. You've got quite an axe to grind there.

The player was cheap and went defective. The kids knew how to put the disks in and press play, but got help with everything else. They tried to run two movies before we knew something was wrong. At that point, we decided to let them use just copies, after we replaced the player.

They were also two and four at the time.

I doubt if your parents would be proud of your response. Are you?

14. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I'm on this lad's boat. e²Studio, you're overreacting way too much :rolleyes:

15. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I also agree, kids are bound to scuff things or break them no matter how good a parent you are. Scratching a few discs won't lead to you becoming a bad person.

Besides, it's considered 'fair use' to copy things for this sort of reason.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

From baby age I was brought up to treat tapes, diskettes and all that nonsense with respect else they simply won't work anymore. Then out came CD's (don't touch the shiny side, Jimmy lad). Maybe I'm a little too careful now but I've never had a single scratch, AFAIK neither have my siblings (I'm sure I'd be the first to know "fix disc or else I'll bop you one *snarl*"). All it takes is a little teaching.

17. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I hate the people who hack. For instance, some guy from my high school (dumb freshman) returned his PSP because he couldn't play games from the Memory Stick (pirated game, custom firmware, etc). He said he was going to sue Sony because they tried to "rob" him of buying games when he could of gotten it for free and legal. Sony apparently was dealing him illegal games.

Mind you, he is a rich spoiled brat who could of bought like 50 games each week with his "allowance" (more like pay check of a CEO). He's got the top spec MB and MBP so there is no financial problems on his part.

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Maybe because we did go through the cassette tape, floppy diskette side of gaming we know all too well that software is not infallible and have grown a respect for it.

Heck even cartridges were not indestructible.

But yeah, I'm sure in my time I broke or scratched software, my punishment and the way I learned from my mistake was to be responsible in replacing or simply having to go without.

YES!! Kid's will be Kid's... How about ADULTS be ADULTS. It's not the childs fault you left the CD's or GAMES within their reach. For the same reason you don't give the child access to domestic bleach and other detergents, how about the adults COP ON and put the things which can be damaged and are costly to purchase in the first place out of the way of young children.

The adults here need to learn from their mistakes too....

However on the subject its not just this which rattles my cage. Its the fact that people hide behind the word 'BACKUP' firstly, and secondly we all know that 99% of people pirating and 'backing up' are not doing so to protect their legally bought software - they are doing so in order to obtain goods without paying the price. It's this culture of people believing they are owed the world, and rarely have to pay the price. I mean they have the courage of their convictions and stop hiding behind this stupid 'backup' excuse and just admit they pirate stuff.

Oh and fair usage rights only apply in some countries. In Europe any form of piracy / duplication / backup of a disc/tape/video is considered Piracy and illegal.

19. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Well, I seriously (For my Wii), just want to back-up my games. I never play my Wii, and they do get scratched badly. For my 360, I want to mod it not to play MY back-up games. I can understand if y'all aren't allowed/ don't want to help me here.

20. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I agree with you that a vast majority of the time people do that. Generally speaking i will admit I would pirate something instead of calling it a "back up". screw hiding behind it. I know I am not the OP but when I make a back up I am legitly making a making a back up. Well not a back up but more a way to protect the original from a more likely death. For example when I went off to college I made copies of a lot of my computer games because I did not want to take the disk with me and most of the time that was the case. I not sure currently how much pirated stuff is on my computer but I know it mostly in the form of MP3s. I think most if not all the software that was pirated over time as been erased and uninstalled because I no longer wanted it or needed the HD space but that is another argument.

Now I did make copies of some of my personally DVDs and took the copies to a party with some friends knowing that there was a good chance that I would lose the disk by the end of the night. I did not come home with the movies and I have no clue what happen to it.

As for you attack about kids... I can tell you are not a parent.

21. rukus macrumors member

couple comments,

1 - i have not heard of ONE problem with the wii scratching discs, outside of moving the wii with a disc in it.
    2 - i have also never heard of nintendo (nor any other game manufacturer) EVER offering, or even saying they are willing to replace a damaged disc (outside of recall incidents).

can the posters clarify and show a bit of reference to their comments?

22. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

Freshmen are dumb.
    Especially cause im a sophomore.
    lol

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Maybe try Google, first hit: :D For the Xbox 360, and I'm sure some of my old manuals used to say that if their disc was defective that you could pay some fee and send it back for a replacement, I know a friend of mine did this when his dog half ate his Ninja Gaiden (old Xbox) disc.

24. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

If you don't play the wii how do the disks get scratched.

25. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Way to jump to conclusions. Seriously, who cares what people do with their paid for media? And even if someone is hiding behind the word 'backup,' does it really effect you that much? Get over it, if it bothers you don't read or post about it, just close it.

How about you not tell people how to be a parent?

Good grief, the OP asked for a little bit of help and you people attack him as if he has killed someone. Back off and try to help the OP, or don't post at all.

fireshot91- Do a little bit of searching on Google and you will find your answers right away. Hacking an Xbox 360 is pretty easy. I have never hacked a Wii though. And yes, discussing ways to do this is against the rules on MR but there are answers out there.