anybody know who this guy is?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by whoathere, Dec 6, 2007.

1. whoathere macrumors 6502

whoathere

Anyone recognize him?

Attached Files:

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

He looks like a young version of that dude from Gray's Anatomy. Why, is he someone famous? Should we know who he is?

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

You?

4. MacHipster macrumors 6502

He's a French actor named Gaspard Ulliel and was in A Very Long Engagement and Hannibal Rising.

5. RevToTheRedline macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

The real question is, are we supposed to care who he is?

6. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

7. whoathere thread starter macrumors 6502

whoathere

Your right! I knew I recognized him from somewhere. It was just bugging me that I couldn't figure out who it was. Thank you much.

No, def. not ghey.

8. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Do you have a crush on him? ;)

9. whoathere thread starter macrumors 6502

whoathere

No, I do not. If you guys would like to know the whole story, I can tell you. It's pretty crazy and whacked out, but if you want to hear, it is kind of amusing..

10. 119576 Guest

Go for it.

11. whoathere thread starter macrumors 6502

whoathere

OK, so a friend of mine one day has this boyfriend she met online, and we all know how absolutely ridiculous that is, but they have been dating for like 8 or 9 months now, they have never met and he is supposedly in Iraq. Well, searching for his name comes up with nothing, searching for any of his friends names comes up with nothing. Well, ever since day 1, nothing has been adding up to me. I am extremely analytical and it's been bothering me hardcore lately that I couldn't figure out what was going on. Well, one day I begin searching google images just to try and see if i come across something. Well, I did. On this guys facebook and myspace, he has a pic up of a marine, claiming to be him. I found that pic, and it's not of this guy, but a marine named Todd Adkins. That basically set me off. So far, I have found 4 of his pictures that have been of other people, just by searching google images. The pic I attached in post 1, is the original picture claiming to be him. I knew I recognized it from somewhere, and knew that it wasn't him right from the beginning, but I didn't know where I recognized him from. As soon as I read Hannibal Rising, it was like getting hit with a ton of bricks. Thats exactly who it is. Now, the story gets more interesting.

At this point, we have one "serious" online relationship, ie talking about marriage, etc. (keep in mind, they have never met face to face) All of the sudden one of this guys friends pops into the picture. The first thing that sets me off about him is that his profile pic for myspace, and the one for facebook are of two entirely different people. This makes me upset because A: You guys are idiots for even being friends with someone that you dont know at all and B: why would anyone want to be a friend with someone who is obviously hiding their identity. When I bring up my argument, within a few hours, this guys myspace has been deleted, but his facebook is still there. Convenient, I think.

And since I am a sly guy, I like to do what I can and I actually found this guys screen name, so I add it to my buddy list. I'm just going to watch you know, see what happens. What I have found is that the only time this guy is online, is when my girlfriend is online, or has access to a computer. I have found that they are both online at the same time of night, signing off at the same time, going idle at the same time, coming back at the same time. Something is fishy, so I figure, I'll give her the chance to explain herself before I go and show what I have found. She plays dumb, acts like she doesn't know anything and that it's just her room mate (the girl with the boyfriend), but she still plays it off like this is real, and I know it isn't. So, I have given her the chance to come clean, and she hasn't. The reason this is becoming such a big deal, is because I dont know if her room mate knows this is fake, and that this guy isn't real, but on top of that, they have another girl that is supposedly interested in this "friend" and thats just not right, to be playing with people emotions and all that stuff, it's seriously messed up. I can post this others pic too, if you guys think you fan figure out who that is...

Thats pretty much the whole story as of right now... Now that the cat is out of the bag, I might as well keep you updated!

12. alFR macrumors 68020

I'm confused: do you think the girl is making up an imaginary boyfriend (for whatever sad reason) or that she's being stalked by some nutter?

13. whoathere thread starter macrumors 6502

whoathere

at this point, I feel its one of two things: 1) It's all made up and that the girl (with the boyfriend) was making it all up, or 2) My girlfriend is the one thats making all of it up and she actually has 2 of friends that are thinking they have these guys that actually like them, when they don't even exist. I just need more time to figure out exactly what is going on.

14. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

15. Lau Guest

Is it? :confused:

;)

16. calculus Guest

calculus

That's what I was thinking too, although I doubt there is enough time left to figure it out ...

17. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

18. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

I am admittedly making some assumptions regarding the OP's stage in life, but my guess is that in about 4-6 years this issue (and the larger issues around it) will be largely resolved.

19. whoathere thread starter macrumors 6502

whoathere

Well, I've only begun to piece this together in the three or four days, so for as little of time as I have actually put into it.. I am getting somewhere.

And you are right, this shouldn't really matter...but when I think it involves my girlfriend, whom has told me she wants to spend the rest of her life with me and everything else, I need to know exactly what is going on before I make accusations. That and the fact that if I'm wrong, I'll look like a complete idiot. My main goal in this was to prove my theory wrong, but thats not all what I'm finding... its very frustrating.

here is the pic of this other guy that just popped into the equation.

Attached Files:

20. 119576 Guest

21. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

that guy is hot

22. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

This is very confusing. And sounds oddly similar to the situation with lawsuit over the girl who committed suicide due to "friends" screwing with her on myspace...

23. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My future boyfriend?

25. whoathere thread starter macrumors 6502

whoathere

Flynn..thank you for posting that... its kind of both situations I am afraid of. I only have time to read the first page of it, but will read the rest later.

The reason I can't just let this go is because it involves my girlfriend. No matter which way you look at it.. she is either friends with these fake people, or she had part in orchestrating this whole ordeal.. the other reason why it isn't good is because my girlfriends room mate, who is the girlfriend of the "marine" is extremely unstable. I mean, she's sick, depressed, sees a therapist, and we all know what something like this could do to her, or what she would do to herself.

I get the jokes that everyone sees in this, and it doesn't really bother me, because given the situation backwards, I would be the same way. For some reason I just had think inkling that posting here would get some attention, just to figure out who the guy in post #1 was and I have found that out thanks to you guys. The other post was just for lucks sake.

I dont want you guys to think I am looking for sympathy or anything else, but when working on this kind of stuff, I can't keep it in because it bothers the crap out of me. So posting in a safe place, such as an online forum, I get it off my chest, without having to worry about it spreading or repercussions or anything like that.

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in or read or anything else.