Anybody sticking with the iPhone 4 no matter what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Jul 5, 2011.

  1. The Game 161 macrumors P6

    The Game 161

    Dec 15, 2010
    With the 5 out in maybe 2 or 3 months will you stick with the 4? Or will it depend how big the upgrades are?
  2. 482214 macrumors 6502

    Aug 17, 2010
    Until it's actually released how can you expect anyone to make a decision?
  3. Small White Car, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011

    Small White Car macrumors G4

    Small White Car

    Aug 29, 2006
    Washington DC
    I bought the 3G and said "I'll keep this at least 2 years." And I did.
    I bought the i4 and said "I'll keep this at least 2 years." And I plan to.

    So, yeah. I've already made my decision. I made it last year, actually. If June 2010 wasn't too early to make that decision I see no reason why July of 2011 is too early.
  4. soco macrumors 68030


    Dec 14, 2009
    Yardley, PA
    I never, ever, assume to keep anything I buy for any amount of iterations of that product. I even bought the 2011 MBP thinking "Well with the Thunderbolt 1st gen and the great specs, this could last me years, but I'm sure I'll buy a new one soon anyway."

    That way, when I do buy a new one for the sake of boredom, I don't feel bad :D
  5. awadeee macrumors 68020


    Jan 21, 2011
    Viper City
    I like my iPhone 4 but if the new iPhone is significantly better/different, I may go with it. Time will tell!
  6. tigress666 macrumors 68040

    Apr 14, 2010
    Washington State
    I'm sticking with the 4. I'll upgrade when my contract is up *shrug*.

    Well unless I get a better job before then and the 5 improves the things I want to see improved (Storage space and speed bump) which honestly is likely. But yeah, if I get a better job, I might just allow myself to buy one out of contract to reward myself :). But that would more be to let myself buy a new toy when I have a job I can afford it. And maybe I'll buy an iPad instead (of which I also have really no use of as I'm happy with my laptop/iphone combo but would be neat as a toy to have).
  7. JRoDDz macrumors 68000


    Jul 2, 2009
  8. iceterminal macrumors 68000


    May 25, 2008
    Dallas Tx.
    We have 3 iPhones in my family. The wife and I have 4's and our son has a 3GS. He's ready for an upgrade. But we most likely won't upgrade to the 5 unless the upgrade is worth the price.
    I had a 3G and did NOT upgrade to the 3GS. I didn't see it as worth the additional cost plus the extra 2 years.
    So for us, its a wait and see. A faster unit, with a better camera....probably isn't enough for me.
  9. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

    Jun 30, 2007
    The home button on my iPhone 4 is about to give out. So I will reluctantly get a new one. ;)
  10. RenoG macrumors 65816

    Oct 7, 2010
    I highly doubt it I skipped over the 3gs and got the 4, I'll likely do the same and skip over this one. Theres like 62+ other things in life I can and or need to spend 200 bucks on. This Ip5 almost have to be a totally different (better) phone to break my trend.
  11. Centient macrumors 6502

    Oct 20, 2009
    I'm currently satisfied with the i4. So definitely skipping whatever comes out in September. Almost certainly an incremental upgrade and not enough to entice me to sell and buy a new phone for it.

    My contract is currently up in 2013. I'll see what Apple brings us that year.
  12. ericg301 macrumors 65816

    Jun 15, 2010
    I dont have a reason to upgrade until the iPhone supports LTE or true 4G. Otherwise, it's more than adequate.
  13. iphone1105 macrumors 68020


    Oct 8, 2009
    I'm going to be riding out my iP4 for my full 2 year contract term. At that time, I'll see what phone suits my needs best. I love my iP4 and really couldn't ask for more though. I can see using it until it's dead too, honestly!

    Ever since I purchased my iPad I've been more focused on those upgrades than iPhone updates.
  14. mrtune macrumors 6502a

    Jun 23, 2007
    I'm stuck in my contract until sometime in January. I have no choice but to stick with my iPhone 4.
  15. BlindMellon macrumors 65816


    Apr 4, 2011
    If I had a 4 I'd hold on to it. My 3GS is chugging along nicely, but I'll get whatever Apple puts out this year.
  16. benhollberg macrumors 68020


    Mar 8, 2010
    No matter what, you don't know anything about the new phone. What if it is free to iPhone 4 owners. Who wouldn't upgrade.
  17. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816


    Jan 15, 2008
    I will probably sell my iP4 and get the iP5 (or 4S). The reason being, I just got the iP4 2-3months away from the release of iP5. If I still had my 3Gs on AT&T, I would have waited out my contract until October and got the iP5, but out of necessity, I switched to Verizon and got the iP4. Wasn't really planning on doing that and wanted to wait til iP5.

    So, yes, my iP4 is going up for sale in a few months..if anyone is interested :D
  18. blueroom macrumors 603


    Feb 15, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    I'll stick with the iPhone 4, I stuck with my 3G till it became slow as mud.
  19. nburwell macrumors 601


    May 6, 2008
    I'll be sticking with my 4. Especially if the "5" is only internal improvements (i.e. 3GS).
  20. fastblack macrumors regular

    Jul 28, 2008
    I always sell my iphone and get the new one... Usually end up making money on the deal to be honest. 3gs (16g) sold for over 300 when the 4 came out. Got the new one for 200
  21. iphone1105 macrumors 68020


    Oct 8, 2009
    If it was free, I'm still sure you'd need to sign another 2 year contract. So yeah, If i had to sign a new 2 year deal, even if free, I wouldnt want to be locked in again!
  22. daneoni macrumors G4


    Mar 24, 2006
    Probably. I'm trying not to buy any new Apple gear for 2/3 years. Trying being the operative word.
  23. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

    Mar 3, 2008
    United States
    When my contract is up with AT&T I will get a new iPhone (probably iPhone 6) :)
  24. marshallbedsaul, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011

    marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a


    Nov 14, 2007

    thread over
    k thank baiiiii
  25. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    May 13, 2010
    I actually need to buy a new phone for my dad. He get iPhone 4 and I will get either iPhone 4 or iPhone 5.

    I will either buy iPhone 4 for 99 dollars or iPhone 5 for 199 dollars.

    I will have to see what it has first.

Share This Page