Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-FlyAuburn-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
I do.

I was out and about today on the Apache Trail near Scottsdale, AZ and I ran out of space taking so many pictures and video.

Coming from an iPhone 4 I should have realized that the 8 MP images, panoramas, and 1080P video were going to take up a LOT more space.

I also wish I could put more of my music collection on my phone....

I really wish they had gone 32/64/128 this time. I think that not doing that was the one hardware mistake they made this time.

I've read that some have exchanged theirs for a 64GB model after running into this issue but with supplies so limited I'm afraid that won't be possible within the 30 day return window....

Anybody else wish they had a higher capacity iPhone 5?

Edit: If you already have a 64GB iPhone 5 because that's what you bought originally please don't be a snarky smart ass and reply to this thread. It was meant for those that bought a 16GB or 32GB and are now having second thoughts OR for those that exchanged for the 64 as a result. Thank you.

Last edited:

darcyjames

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
We'll see; I had a 32gb 4 and then went to a 16gb 4s (huge mistake) and now I have a 32gb 5. As long as I don't sync tv or movies I think I should be okay, but you're right about the 1080p video being the space killer.

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
I don't... Because I went with the 64gb, it is better to have it and no need it, than to need it and no have it...

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I lined up on launch day to grab my phone, was second in line for my apple store and guess what? No 32gb VZW black in stock! So I was forced into getting the 64gb version but I am happy I did now with how much video and pictures I am taking. Definitely wished they upped it to 128 though.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
U had to of taken a **** load of pics and videos to fill 32gb. Even if u had 10gb of other stuff, you still have enough room for a lot of video, and hundreds of pictures.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah I like my 32 as well. No regrets.

If I had gone on the cheap and gotten 16, I would have certainly regretted it.

Since i4, i've been on 32.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
Have about 13 GB left on my 32GB model, no regrets. Would have gone with the 16GB but they only got shipped 32,64GB models.

jester0723

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Virginia
I have about 2gb left on my 32gb model. I think I'll be fine without the 64 - I don't need all of my music at once. I made a playlist of music that I want on it in addition to my other playlists. I'll live.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
I have the 64GB already, and really hope that at some point we get a 128GB version, flash memory is cheap, especially given the qty's Apple buys and their contract pricing. Perhaps with the next iPhone.

-FlyAuburn-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
U had to of taken a **** load of pics and videos to fill 32gb. Even if u had 10gb of other stuff, you still have enough room for a lot of video, and hundreds of pictures.

Lol. I did. I also had Avengers and Finding Nemo, a lot of Apps, and a lot of music and some pics already. I think I only had about 3gb of space when I left this morning.

----------

Apps and music can't live in Dropbox. Doesn't solve the problem.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
No regrets here. I preordered the 64GB and I got it on the 21st. I use my iPod Nano for music so the space a music library would take up is available to me. Haven't taken pics or video yet so I still have a large amount of space.

GetSwole37

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I do.

I was out and about today on the Apache Trail near Scottsdale, AZ and I ran out of space taking so many pictures and video.

Coming from an iPhone 4 I should have realized that the 8 MP images, panoramas, and 1080P video were going to take up a LOT more space.

I also wish I could put more of my music collection on my phone....

I really wish they had gone 32/64/128 this time. I think that not doing that was the one hardware mistake they made this time.

I've read that some have exchanged theirs for a 64GB model after running into this issue but with supplies so limited I'm afraid that won't be possible within the 30 day return window....

Anybody else wish they had a higher capacity iPhone 5?

What model did you get? At min, 32gb is a must IMO if you going to video and take a lot of pics

mb335

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2010
I ordered two 64 GB iPhone 5s, black and white, for at&t. I certainly wish I got either after waiting for almost 2 weeks now. :D

GetSwole37

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
What model did you get? At min, 32gb is a must IMO if you going to video and take a lot of pics

ok. I noticed your sig had the 32gb on it. wow.. you must have a lot of stuff on your phone.

one thing i wish you could do is delete on the fly.. movies, or songs for those occasions.

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
This is not my thread but this almost happened to me as I have had a chance to get a 16 GB then a 32 GB in Best Buy then 16 GBs in reservation system - was really tempted but there is only one choice for my needs.

Patience & perseverance paid off, just reserved my 64GB tonight! :D

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
Edit: If you already have a 64GB iPhone 5 because that's what you bought originally please don't be a snarky smart ass and reply to this thread. It was meant for those that bought a 16GB or 32GB and are now having second thoughts OR for those that exchanged for the 64 as a result. Thank you.
Damn, it was so tempting too. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.