Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
What's the lowest expectation?? It met my expectation! It did not exceed my expectation, but I am excited and want to upgrade.

You see, you just confirmed my observation. Another expectation (lowest or not) met but not exceeded :)

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
I get a big kick out of the people that post here in these forums that are always waiting because of a rumor. Apple is pretty consistent with their updates so my guess is that there won't be another new ipad this year. Even if I am wrong, you will be missing out on 10 months of enjoying this new ipad. Yes, it does make sense to hold off if the product you want to buy is almost a year old, but to wait on buying one now because of some rumor floating around?? Come on. I say just buy it, use it and enjoy it.

I will be getting one.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
I get a big kick out of the people that post here in these forums that are always waiting because of a rumor. Apple is pretty consistent with their updates so my guess is that there won't be another new ipad this year. Even if I am wrong, you will be missing out on 10 months of enjoying this new ipad. Yes, it does make sense to hold off if the product you want to buy is almost a year old, but to wait on buying one now because of some rumor floating around?? Come on. I say just buy it, use it and enjoy it.

I will be getting one.

If it's missing features that one considers enjoyable, they are not missing out at all. For some of us, it takes more then Apple telling us how amazing their products are.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
If it's missing features that one considers enjoyable, they are not missing out at all. For some of us, it takes more then Apple telling us how amazing their products are.

I think that goes without saying. If you don't think you are going to enjoy the "experience" overall with anything, don't buy it. But if you don't currently have an ipad and you're waiting for some "magical retina display ipad 3" that might or might not come out until a year from now and you could be enjoying the ipad 2, that does not make a whole lot of sense in my eyes.

And bottom line, if someone is crazy enough to buy any product from anyone just because the company tells you it's amazing, come and talk to me. I have a bridge I want to sell you.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I love my original iPad and unlimited iPhone but unless the cap is significantly raised or eliminated altogether, I will not be getting another product with such low caps...period

I run up against the 2gb cap monthly which infuriates me as most of that 2gb are not video or anything like that. It is actual work or just news reading.

So, I will wait to see how the data caps stack up

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I was against the iPad 2 up until yesterday. I ended up selling my original iPad for $400 and I will pick up the new one after work next Friday.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
And bottom line, if someone is crazy enough to buy any product from anyone just because the company tells you it's amazing, come and talk to me. I have a bridge I want to sell you.

If that's the case, you could sell a lot of bridges to people around here. Lets take a look at iPad2 and this thread. There is pretty much nothing about the iPad 2 press release that we didn't already know about. If anything we were probably hoping to hear about something that actually IS "amazing" that wasn't already leaked/reported, that didn't happen. Yet, there is more than one post saying something to the effect of "i wasn't going to, but i'm not so sure now" and even the op admits, he's getting caught up in the excitement.

You get told something is "amazing" often enough, and some people start to believe it, even if the product in reality is mediocre.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.