Anyone else a little disappointed with the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rs13, Nov 6, 2008.

1. rs13 macrumors member

i have had my iphone for about 2 months now and the novelty has kind of warn off i have been a bit annoyed there is no mms and i cant see it coming soon a i the camera is a little lack luster. Dont get me wrong i'm not bashing the iphone i love it for the most part but there are things that i miss from my older phones. Any one else have anything thing they miss from an older phone and is anyone considering a new phone.

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I have had an iPhone since it was initially released and I still love it. In fact, now that I have Jailbroken it, I love it more than ever. I do miss MMS but all the things it does do well make up for it...and then some. So, no, I am not dissapointed.

3. bluesTank macrumors regular

I agree

Like I said in another post, I have realized I can do without this fancy phone and I can save a lot of money just by switching back to an older phone. It was fun while it lasted, but honestly the calendar and "organizer" on it is just not what I expected and my old phone serves the same purpose. All I really do with it is play games and it is no longer much a productivity tool.

Was fun while it lasted, but apple just doesn't allow the customizability that I expected (no native to-do lists??? Come on!)

4. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i have a nice camera so the iphones camera hardly bothers me, and i have learned to live without mms, as for it missing anything else? I really cant think of anything im pretty happy with my phone and it might be the first phone that i actually keep for the duration of my contract

5. TheHoff macrumors 6502

I also wish the camera were better. It is only usable in bright light; any time it ups the ISO, it turns to crap. A bit disappointing for such an expensive piece of hardware though I know well the limitations of small sensors... It doesn't replace a point and shoot camera though so it isn't yet the ultimate all-in-one.

That will be a good reason to upgrade to the next version with a better camera, more RAM, and give this to the wife.

6. iblastoff macrumors 6502

yep one of my main issues is the lack of flash with the camera. completely useless at night time.

7. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

9. surfer99 macrumors 6502

I can def understand where the OP is coming from but at this point I couldn't imagine going back to a regular cell phone due to the pure convenience of being able to access the "real" internet on a mobile phone and the fact that it can easily sync with your computer (iLife) so easily.

10. sandra7109 macrumors member

I thought I was tired of my iphone so I went out and got the Samsung Omina with the 5megapixle camera,after 2 days of headaches trying to set it up :mad: (very user unfriendly) I ended up trading it for a LG viewty with the 5 megapixle camera.

While I love the viewty I could not do without the one touch icons to get me to my facebook, online banking,webcams, etc...

The iphone is so user friendly and I have jailbroken it so I do almost everything with it :) ( just have to figure out how to use orb). I will keep the viewty for when I am out and want a better camera but the iphone will always be in my hands.

11. UberDy macrumors newbie

How can you get sick of a phone with endless apps to add, frequent software updates that make it feel like a completely new phone, and some of the most advances technology out there. Honestly, people want the world for $200. :confused:

12. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I love it more than any other phone that I have ever had.

That being said, I do get irritated by it at times, but only because it has taught me to expect perfection!

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Every phone has drawbacks. From my experience and reading, the iPhone has the fewest out there. I have never used MMS before, nor have I had any need to copy and paste anything yet. They keyboard is phenomenal (although I would like to have some customization). The camera is decent enough, but I would like to see better quality, customization (picture size), and video capability.

The SDK limits a few things I would like to see, but there are thousands of other neat things that have been made. If you were like me and had a Razr before an iPhone, you will take the iPhone any day.

Oh yeah, it's also an iPod, so I don't have to carry another device -- the main reason I bought one.

14. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

You must hate what it does to your spelling and sentence structure too.

15. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

yup, I was so disappointed with it I sold it and canceled my contract. I'm getting an ipod touch instead.

I sure will miss my 24/7 connection to the Internet but enough was enough.

16. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Stand still or turn off 3G

I absolutely LOVE the iDevice. As for the iPhone? Pretty miserable.

I was having (see also: attempting to have) a very important conversation last night while commuting.

60 minute from pickup to hangup.

Dropped 9 times. Due to 3G/Edge confusion. She was sent to VM or I kept getting Call Failed. See below:

8 minutes unable to make/receive after dropped call.

Bars would be full on 3G and I would get Call Failed (3 times that I noticed).

17. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Come on, not to be rude or anything, but what can you expect people? Apple started as a computers company, they kicked ass at that! then came Ipods, they kicked ass at that! and now they are STARTING with phones, they don't even have three years on the market. Of course they won't get everything right. They have work to do, WHICH they are doing! and WILL kick ass on their phones too! (for me they already do)

Seriously, people, exit fantasy land, and be aware that, the Iphone, is..... a PHONE! not a professional camera! or a computer (awesome internet on the iphone)! or nothing else! it's a phone!!

Get a reality check, you can't expect a phone, to have everything that you want! It does have some neat features, but you have to remember, it's a PHONE.

Want a 7 megapixel camera? BUY A CANNON!
    Want to tether to your laptop? BUY A 3G CARD FROM AT&T
    Want to browse and edit documents on the go? BUY A LAPTOP

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Iphone to death. But you have to be aware, it is just a phone (And it will get all these features in the future, but hey, if you need them know, why did you buy one for starters??) :apple::apple:

18. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

i wish you can send and receive pictures on iphone. Also music.

19. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

That's one of the biggest drawbacks of the iPhone. No file transfers with bluetooth.
    The camera is also not too great, but still acceptable.

Otherwise, it's GREAT! :D

20. seattle macrumors 6502

My iPhone has worked great for me. My main use is browsing the Internet and using a couple apps. For what I want it works great.

21. slick316 macrumors 6502

It may not be the iPhone, but a general smart phone thing. I know a few people that bought smart phones just to go back to regular phones because they not only had no use for the PDA functionality, but they never used the internet or email and such.

Don't be surprised if all you really want is a phone, thats it, no extra crap, just a phone.

22. tom5304 macrumors regular

My main disappointment with the iPhone is that the data/text plan costs me $45 a month. I know, that has nothing to do with the actual phone, but the thing just isn't worth $45 a month to me any more.

Of course the fact that Safari is certain to crash within ten minutes of use, and there's a lot of lag going in between iPhone functions, doesn't help much.

All in all, if I won the lottery, I'd keep the iPhone. As a guy who works for a living, I'm probably a month or two away from selling my iPhone 3G and saving a lot of time and money for myself.

23. Ish macrumors 68010

Ish

She likes the look of yours, and is only waiting for the next version to come out before buying one. After all, you've got one already! :D

24. iblastoff macrumors 6502

the iphone is obviously not JUST a phone. thats just a weak ass argument against it not having normal features any other smart phone would have.