Anyone else at/around 20 battery load cycles?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TraceyS/FL, May 19, 2007.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Hmmmm, i don't run on battery often - an my computer reported 4 load cycles when it was new (17" MBP bought at Apple Store).

I've adjusted Coconut to have the right numbers for the 17", and I calibrated it (drain to self-sleep, slept all night, full charge in am) 2 days ago. That was the 2nd time i'd done that.

It started good.... and I did apply the battery update, what the heck - i wasn't have problems, but figured "they" told me to, i'd do it.

So i'm curious if anyone has around the 20-load cycle mark and what your battery health looks like.

17" MBP C2D
    [​IMG]

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

My 4 month old battery has 40 load-cycles and it's down to 89% health, but it was at 93% health at 39 load-cycles, so I'm gonna have to call apple up eventually I think.:mad:

3. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Yeah, yours does seem a bit low. I also did the battery update even though I didn't seem to have a problem. (17")
    [​IMG]

4. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I figured that i'd just watch it for now - but i do need to be able to "battery" this summer for a decent amount of time, so if i need to get a new one - i'd rather do it sooner than later.

I can get over 2 hours on it - i've used it the last 2 nights sitting on the heating pad (for my shoulder - although the computer does a good job on the lap ;)).

I wish i had done the save thing before the battery update - or did a snapshot of it. LOL, i checked it - but like i remember what it said! NOT!

Anyone else at the 15-25 range?

5. 1dterbeest macrumors regular

mine is doing pretty well...

This is a Rev.A CoreDuo Macbook Pro 15"
    I had my battery replaced as part of the initial recall right before all the HUGE recalls that everyone remembers. This new battery is doing pretty good, huh?

edit: if i calibrate first, will i get better or worse battery life in coconut? i haven't calibrated since the first time i got the battery.

Attached Files:

6. Nightkrawler macrumors regular

I was thinking of replacing my battery too..
    it was 91% before i calibrated it.

Attached Files:

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Wow, I beat all of you.

iBook G4
    [​IMG]
    It was purchased by the original owner in Feb 06, I bought it used in Nov 06.

8. Nibbles macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Damn you guys always have your laptops plugged in?

9. myjellyass macrumors regular

Damn it, i really need to get a new battery; im down to 16% capacity! How much do they cost these days at the cheapest? Its for a PowerBook G4?

10. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Mine is almost always plugged in - or i take the cord and use it in the other room. I'm always at home with it - hence, the 17" wasnt' too big for me :D

I never got my iBook G4 to work right with Coconut, but it has a new battery courtesy of the iBook recall!

11. josepho macrumors regular

Apple has them for £89.00:
    15" G4: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E099&nplm=M9756

12" G4: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E0B8&nplm=M9572

Alternatively, eBay provides some at knock-down prices:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APPLE-ALUMINU...5QQihZ004QQcategoryZ91355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/battery-for-G...43QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4601QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And so on...

I did have to replace my Powerbook 12" G4 battery last year... it ended up lasting about 30 minutes, but it was 2 1/2 years old at the time, so it had had a good innings.

I'm now just disappointed at how much longer my girlfriend's MacBook battery lasts than my C2D MacBook Pro...

12. hidehide macrumors 6502

Wow... my macbook is on 8cycle. and already 4852capacity 93%, original 5200mAh

13. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I just checked my ibook's and its had 536 battery load cycles and capacity is down to 34%. I got it second hand back last August and it had about 90% capacity then - guess I shouldn't use it as a laptop as much!! :rolleyes:

My girlfriend's that was bought at the same time still has a good 4 hours of battery life in it while mine only lasts an hour or so these days. Hers is her only computer though and she usually uses it plugged in at my desk while mine's my travel buddy so is usually running off the battery. I've definitely noticed the battery life drop sharply in the last two months though. Before then I used to get 3 hours with the brightness on minimum. :(

14. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

94% health after 27 cycles & 5.5 months - about average i think.

15. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

93% Health. 48 cycles. I've had it since January. It's a 15" CD MBP.

16. gavd macrumors 6502a

I've got a C2D 15" MBP at 20 cycles and 98% battery health. That's what iStat Pro tells me anyway.

17. Nightkrawler macrumors regular

Istat pro shows a different value as coconut battery :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I'll have to go check iStat - it seems to crash my MBP though for some reason.

19. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Sure enough - i launched my Dashboard, iStat quit.... i just downloaded version 4 - maybe that will work better?!?!

It's reporting 94%. I need to use a calculator on the numbers!

20. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Here is my info for what its worth. I seem to be doing rather well.

Attached Files:

21. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Oh most excellent!

And, where is the #1 party school these days??? LOL, that brings back memories!!!

Which must be why the battery is doing so well - not a lot of time for battery use on it??? ;)

(i'm teasing of course!)

22. Lau Guest

I know this is PPC, and therefore perhaps slightly different, but I calibrated mine the other day as it seemed quite high. Although I have a couple of hundred load cycles, it still seems to be well over 90%, so TraceyS/FL, it's probably worth keeping a careful eye on yours before the warranty's up. :)

Attached Files:

23. bartelby macrumors Core

My PB G4 has nearly 500 cycles and is still holding 81%.

Attached Files: