Anyone else blown away by the retina display?

falcora

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
The pictures and descriptions of this screen really don't do it justice. You have to see and use it in person. Read a page in iBooks, watch a full 1080p video clip, surf the net. It's unbelievable.

funkeruski

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Ah ****. I've been wavering all morning about upgrading from my Ipad 2. Guess I'll need to go see this display in person.

rsnaider

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
NY
As good as the old screen was; side by side the old now looks blurry.

The new screen is as amazing as all the reviews state.

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
Yes it is tremendous. The dictation is quite handy too, using it right now.

Weird how it doesn't automatically add a ' to it's though.

Loving it so far, and the experience will only get better as everything gets higher q textures and images.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Trying not to sugarcoat this but...the new retina display is absolutely gorgeous. 'Nuff said.

Foxykhat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
Mines was just shipped but to a US address. I don't know when or how I will get it, as it all depends on a number of factors.

... now I can HARDLY WAIT!!!

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
Totally blown away now that I'm looking at some retina based apps and reading. I read on my iPad a ton. I use it for a lot of school books so I'll read on it 4+ hours a day a lot of times. The text looks like it's a high quality piece of paper. It's really incredible. I haven't been as blown away surfing the web, but it still looks really nice. I'm getting ready to try out some retina display ready games now. All in all, totally happy with the upgrade from the iPad 2.

big samm

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2008
I have the first gen and the third and oh my lord there's a huge difference!
Its like going from the 3Gs to the 4. Its just insane!

falcora

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
I think that i'm going to use my ipad ALOT more for internet surfing, and anything involving text from now on. It's just so much crisper than my macbook pro.

I upgraded from the iPad 1, and the overall experience is well worth the upgrade. Best $599 ever spent.

falcora

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
whats a good site to find 1080p video clips
You can go to apple.com/trailers, and change the resolution to 1080p. You can download any movie trailer you want. iTunes also has some free tv episodes available usually.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
My wife and I received ours an hour ago ... YES the retina display is incredible!!

I'm so hard to please when it comes to displays and this exceeded my expectations by a long shot.

Side by side to an iPad 2 zooming into photo's and text shows just how much of a difference it is, stunning!

I'm happy and I love my new iPad :)