Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayne Doe

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Not royalty but I did feel kinda funny earlier. Went to pick up my Rolex which was being serviced. Jewelry store was deserted so the fella asked for the scoop on the Apple Watch in a stealth manner. Too funny.

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I have had some ppl ask and want to see the watch, but it really doesn't make me feel any particular way. It's just like someone asking about any other new product.

n8cousins

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2013
Burlington, Vermont
Royalty is a little extreme. But I went into the Burton Snowboards Store last week and literally every person in the place - customers and employees - was crowded around me oohing and aahing as I gave a demo. Not gonna lie, I felt pretty special.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Maybe he was actually at McDougals....and ironically talking to REAL royalty....

janitor_akeem.jpg

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Fast forward to 2025. You walk into McDonalds and everybody looks at you. You feel like a royalty. Everybody (even waitresses) ask you with admiration "Is that what I think it is?" You say, Yes and wave your nose with your stainless steel Apple Nose Ring near the payment scanner. You walk out with your Big Mac while pretty girls are screaming "OMG this is so cool!" and chasing you throwing their bras in the air.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
I had a classmate asked if I was wearing the apple watch. The teacher noticed and very loudly asked if I was wearing the apple watch and the whole class got quite with everyone starring at me. I just raised my wrist and loudly affirmed, yes I am wearing the apple watch. Then of course the questions kept coming none stop that day.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
like i just got back from mcdonalds and i could tell both employees had a hard on for it and lately i've been getting glares and ooh and ah's from random people who see it.

In a way I feel empowered now when I go out, anyone else kinda feel the way?

ROFLMAO. The perfect Apple Watch Post. "Look at me." :D

----------

Fast forward to 2025. You walk into McDonalds and everybody looks at you. You feel like a royalty. Everybody (even waitresses) ask you with admiration "Is that what I think it is?" You say, Yes and wave your nose with your stainless steel Apple Nose Ring near the payment scanner. You walk out with your Big Mac while pretty girls are screaming "OMG this is so cool!" and chasing you throwing their bras in the air.

I don't see Apple going with the Nose Ring. The merchant infrastructure investment would be considerable to raise all the scanners to shoulder height. Requiring the customer to "bend down to the scanner" would not be a Magical experience.

I say they go with the Belly Button Ring. No merchant infrastructure needs. You're right there. Plus, free 90 Infection Warranty after the install by the Genius. :apple:

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
like i just got back from mcdonalds and i could tell both employees had a hard on for it and lately i've been getting glares and ooh and ah's from random people who see it.

Every time I use my toilet:

throne.jpg

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
How long after purchase do you have to buy Apple care? And I'm assuming it has to be in store so they can inspect it.

I'm not sure. I saw it posted somewhere but I don't remember and I can't find it on the store site. I got Apple Care on Tuesday of this week. My watch had arrived April 24th. So I got it nine days later. Some people have been able to buy it on the phone. I live near a store and had to stop at the mall anyway so we popped in and handed over our watches so the serial number could be recorded. The genius did not inspect the watches. But they look pristine and he saw us using them in the store, so I guess that had sufficed as an inspection.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
With the amount of advertising Apple has done for this the entire first world knows the apple watch :)

(think they made their money back yet from the advertising?) ;)

----------

I know exactly how you feel OP.

https://vine.co/v/eZTQQd0q35O

Ok, that's official freeking me out, like "The Shining" freeking

If you say Red-rum I'm going to pee my pants and run!

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
If you wear clothes without holes to McDonald's, you are probably treated like royalty

(I kid.. kind of..)

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
How long after purchase do you have to buy Apple care? And I'm assuming it has to be in store so they can inspect it.

Dude at Apple told me 60 days when I bought mine. He didn't really inspect the watch - just flipped it over for the serial number.

iwayne

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Santa Clara, California

Imagine how you'll feel when you lose your virginity

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
As I am driving my Tacoma with my watch glistening in the light, the trumpeters blowing their horns with the streets lined with people,
Oh sorry, more like me driving through boston honking my horn at people walking in front of me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.