Anyone else find Infinity Blade boring?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by JayStarr, Mar 26, 2012.

1. JayStarr macrumors newbie

I got Infinity Blade 2 on my iPad 3, sure it has amazing graphics and all. But all the game is a cutscene, then you just move your finger around and slice someone, then another cutscene, slice someone ,you get the idea. They should actually make a good fun game with those graphics. Anyway, Anyone else agree?

2. taedouni macrumors 65816

I haven't played the second one , but from the first one I agree. It's just eye candy with repetitive gameplay.n

3. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I'm not a gamer and as such find most games boring after about 30 minutes. Infinity Blade included. Any games on my iPhone or iPad are for the kids.

4. taipan61 macrumors 6502

but they're great looking cutscreens
    actual play is pretty dull though..imho

5. JayStarr thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just so lame! All you do is slice slice... Such good graphics but a lame game!

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I think it is. Swipe - Slash - Swipe is pretty lame IMO. IB3 should be a better experience though.

7. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

8. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

Yeah I never played it so I can't say if it's good or not..everyone has there own taste..but here's my taste on it..it's has good graphics and all but I don't like the fact all you do is swipe swipe blah blah..plus I'm not into that kind of gaming and gives me headaches after a min..

9. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

More like Infinity Blade makes the new iPad the hottest. :D

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Never played it, from the looks though. It seems like fruit ninja with better graphics.

11. gregruns macrumors member

Yes, it's very pretty.......but I was bored to tears after about ten minutes! Sorry. :(

12. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

The big mistake you guys made is thinking that you would get immersive gameplay on an iPad. The iPad is brilliant, I love it, but it is not for gaming.

13. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Pretty graphics, but the game play is blah. Hopefully, IB3 will pick it up.

I also agree that the iPad is limited in it's gaming ability.

14. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I agree but like most "casual" games it is just meant to kill a few minutes in your daily life. I mean the first game can be beat in 15 min if you choose the quickest path. Not meant to be a deep experience just some pretty eye candy and simple gameplay.

15. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

I bought the game on March 16th when I received my iPad. I mistakenly thought it was an rpg. I now think that , although graphically beautiful, it is a POS.

Yeah, I don't like it, and the dislike was about 2 minutes into the game. Wish I could give it away.

Tom

16. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

If it were an RPG, I'd be first in line. But I bought Infinity Blade 1, and it's just a big giant cutscene with Fruit Ninja slash slash elements. It's pretty, but that's about it.

I didn't buy Infinity Blade 2. I can't wait for a retina supported RPG to get released. :)

17. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Yes, it gets the new iPad very hot. You are correct sir!

18. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Great graphics, horribly boring and repetitive game.

19. gregruns macrumors member

I've deleted mine....will probably never play it again so why take up the room?

20. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Infinity Blade 1 was a real grind. It was just a proof-of-concept game to show that you could run nice 3D graphics on the Apple A4. Inifinity Blade 2 went further and extended the game from 1 hour to nearly 5 hours. It was a little better and added dual wielding, voice acting, and a more engaging story. Infinity Blade Dungeons is supposed to be more of an action game with 3D graphics so it's more like playing zelda with special abilities. I'm hoping it's a marked improvement. If you're looking for awesome game play, Infinity Blade may not be the best solution. There are other games out there more engaging but what makes a good game is the gameplay, graphics are great to look at from Chair but it may not be enough for any serious gamers out there. Square ENIX titles are a little better for more serious gaming but I find that stupid simple games are better for the mind although less engaging so there isn't as much of a commitment. The alternative is there though if you want it.

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, in all fairness, there's dodging, blocking, parrying, combo attacks, magic attacks, and skills/weapons management choices, character building, a great story line....

22. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Such a good story line it repeats it self over and over and over and over lol

23. homeboy macrumors 6502

Modern Combat 3. Nuff said.

The controls are a bit funny at first but after 30min of gaming you are used to playing fps on the iPad and begin rocking it. Graphics are amazing on the iPad 3

24. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, you have to look deeper, read the book, the back story. It is very well developed outside of the game. The ending of Infinity Blade 2 was very cool...