anyone else HAPPY with their iPhone 3g???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jz7410, Sep 4, 2008.

1. jz7410 macrumors member

I read a lot of negative posts in these forums, and I thought I will share my iPhone experience.

I bought mine one week after launch at the apple store in the menlo park mall in nj. I do not get a 3g signal at home (don't need it at home), but my edge is great. The edge service is better than the Verizon service was in my house.

I have never had to restore my phone. I do drop calls like others when switching from edge to 3g (2.1 will fix this hopefully). I experience a little contact lag and occasional sms lag. A simple restart of the phone fixes the txt lag (hopefully 2.1 will fix this)

I got the ALoD once, I thought here we go.., but after 2-3 hard resets the phone came back up after about 2-3 mins (way longer than usual). My phone has reset itself twice while installing new apps, but I lost no data on my phone and was able to install the app a 2nd time and it worked (one of those times was the now playing update that crashed everyone)

The one problem I do have is sometimes I have 5 bars of 3g and data does not download, and I can only hope this is the "everyone needs to upgrade to 2.0.2 problem"

Safari has crashed twice since i got it, and my ipod touch crashed more than my iphone.

I have upgraded the firmware the day it comes out, and have 3 screens filled with apps.

So I can happily say I like my iPhone!

Did I get the only good iphone out there??? I have no cracks, no dust, no light leaks, and decent battery life

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

SOunds like you need a poll. Happy with my currently.

3. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

4. jz7410 thread starter macrumors member

If you can add you go for it... I'm not sure how to

5. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

:apple: WELL, I am NOT alone!.

my phone has crashed numerous times.... i have had to restart it Many times, but i LOVE my phone. i have my pages nearly filed up (don't see why they limit the pages anyways.. ) so maybe that might be why it's crashing. BUT my phone responds to me! (where as the verizon LG Voyager phone was a shoddy screen with a half assed interface.)

SO i can say i too am more that happy with my phone, the games are fun, and help kill time while waiting at the doctor office or while you dont want to pay attention in class haha.

i dont have light leaks on my phone, there is no craks or dust or iphone girl already in my camera roll. i don't have problems with the service (cept in my houses bathroom but im on wifi there so it makes up) i seriously don't see why people are all up and arms about class action lawsuits and whatnot becuase the phone is awesome. At&t did no advertise 3g EVERYWHERE... so..

i love my :apple: iPhone

6. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

7. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Love mine...I think a lot of the negative comments is just part of it.

You'll never get as many compliments as you will negative feedback...this is true in just about every aspect of life.

I wish there were a formula...like double the number happy users for a more reasonable evaluation. :D

8. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Love mine-fast and mostly stable-I expect some hiccups when I am an early adopter. I am using 2.0.1 and for the most part I have no problems-it will occasionally hang when I am checking my email-nothing a boss preferences reboot doesn't fix, and when I say occasionally, I mean like MAYBE once a week.

I love it-:D Best phone ever, and will only get better as Apple fixes the bugs that are inherent in ANY first generation product (2.0.X software is really first 1st gen).

9. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm mostly happy with mine. It has some annoyances, but they are not enough to outweigh the good things :D

10. djelite macrumors member

just got mine sunday and im very happy with it. my battery life kinda blows, im waiting to get hard numbers to compare against others before asking for a replacement... but other than that im quite happy. ive only had one dropped call, internet is WAY faster than it was on my BB, and like my BB on AT&T, the network bugs out sometimes, but that's the network, not the phone itself, so what can you do?

11. denm316 macrumors 6502

Not Happy

Had mine for a month, the lagginess of the OS and AT&T's terrible 3G network was enough for me to switch phones/carriers. I was supposedly in a great 3G area but coverage was non-existent. Dropped calls and everything else.

I switched to a Blackberry Curve on Verizon and couldn't be happier. While I loved my iPhone's, both the first gen and 3G, it was just to much of a hassle. I now have push gmail and push google calendar and could not be happier. I can surf the web quickly from anywhere and the battery lasts about two days or so.

I still love Apple and OSX, but I will be staying away from Apple as a cell phone manufacturer.

12. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Happy with mine! :D Sure, there are a few bugs and minor issues, but the key word here is they are minor. It doesnt severely affect my usage of the phone by having Safari crash a few times (just open it back up and within 2-3 seconds, youre working again) and I rarely have calls drop. I get excellent battery life and just overall enjoy my phone. It has given me a lot of freedom of not having to drag my laptop around, having access to email when I need it, easy access to yellow pages, maps, etc. which are things I found myself needing from time to time when I was out pre-iphone, and just a load of entertainment.
    I know that all, or most issues will be fixed in time and so since I have a well functioning phone with more options and features than I ever use, I'm well satisfied.

13. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

out of all the errors I've come across, as well as a few reception issues and crashes...this is one of the top three best mobile phones I've ever owned.

By far the best multi functional phone I have.
    Yeah I've had some issues with my mobileme account.
    Yes I've been to the apple store enough times where they know me by name.
    But things have worked out fairly well and it seems as though apple keeps proving 2.0+

14. denm316 macrumors 6502

One More Thing

One More Thing...I understand that Apple cant be to fault for the network. I think my reasoning to switch phones was about equal between the phone and the network.

15. odp1979 macrumors member

odp1979

I'm enjoying my phone pretty good, I have winterboard installed, and I love my themes and personalizations. Altogether I would have more than 5 homescreens, but I don't use all of them, so I only sync the applications I know I'm going to use for that week.

16. CADACUSER macrumors newbie

Happy iPhone Users...

I got the link to this web site off the Apple forums. Are you guys/gals getting the coverage and 3G signal strength as these screen shots show?

Does the SIM card really make a difference? Or are there just "good" and "bad" iPhones???

http://www.iphone3gworks.com

Carl D.

17. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

Very happy with my iPhone 3G. The network is so-so. MobileMe has been a disappointment so far.

18. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I agree with the mobile me...I signed up for the free trial, but I haven't really felt a benefit of having it yet. :(

19. Aj2488 macrumors regular

20. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

they do say.. when someone has a good/great experience they may tell 3 people, but when they have a bad/horrible experience they tell about 15.

could be about right? if we are hearing 5 times as many problems as we do success stories.

the happy people r out playing on their phones, the sad ones sit at home and post about it.

21. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Perfectly happy with mine as well. Best phone I've ever had by a longshot (and I've had a lot). No, it's not perfect, and some bugs need to be worked out, but I can certainly still enjoy my phone.

22. CADACUSER macrumors newbie

Hey cWeems,

"i work at at&t so ask me questions before u hate on our company!!"

So where is the problem? AT&T or the iPhone? Since people world-wide are haivng issues... it must be the iPhone?

Carl D.

23. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

Extremely happy with mine. The best phone I have ever owned!!! I get about 3-4 hours of usage and 20-23 hours of standby time.

24. pmzpocket macrumors newbie

Sure they can. This isn't an AT&T product, its an Apple product. It depends on service to work, thus Apple is just as responsible for the existence of service for the device as AT&T.

When services goes out, yes its AT&T's fault because its AT&T's network........but Apple picked them. We did not. WE had no choice. So Apple has effectively roped us into a bad network.

Its pretty easy to blame Apple IMPO

25. Alloye macrumors 6502a

I'm completely happy with my iPhone 3G, and when I can get a good signal, I'm mostly happy with AT&T's 3G service. Unfortunately, finding robust 3G coverage isn't as easy as it should be.