Anyone else on the verge of CRACKING?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickC1028, Jan 20, 2008.

1. NickC1028 macrumors member

I've seriously spent hours each day in the last week just hoping to see some new article about Macbook Pros and future updates.

This suspense between the update is literally playing games with my mind :confused: and EATING ME ALIVE

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

2. thebeat macrumors regular

LOL NICK! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE... omfg I have been doing the same thing as you.. man I been going to MacRumors and AppleInsider and 9to5Mac EVERYDAY! I never did this before. I am just so hyped up about it......EVERYDAY and I been reading the forums on the macbook pro updates and stuff LOL

3. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

I go through MacRumors News Discussion, MacRumors News Discussion 2, and this section about 20+ times a day looking for a 'New Macbook Pro Released'.

This probably is going to continue until about mid March when I cave and decide to buy the current Macbook Pro model. I can wait, but only until then.

4. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Well I cracked. The day after the keynote. I wanted to see what Jobs would pull out of his hat and the Air was just not for me....I got a Macbook the next day and I do not regret it one bit. This thing is soooo fast and will easily perform well for 3 years, and frankly anyone complaining about 5 pounds should go to the gym, this thing is NOT heavy at all! My old 11 pound Sony was heavy.

If I were you I would go ahead and just buy the MBP, it is a fantastic machine as it is and if the thing isn't updated till May you just spent 5 months waiting after probably waiting for many more months before.

5. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

Shoot I'm cracked out and in the alley with the receipt for my Air.

6. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

I haven't fallen over dead about it, but sure am anxious to see new updates very, VERY soon!

7. forrest368 macrumors member

You're all not alone. I check this website scanning the forums, front page, page 2 rumors and buying guides just hoping someone somewhere has some new information. No one ever does:( And I definitely check this website WAAYYY more than 20 times a day......it's really sick.

I just know that as soon as the Macbook pro is updated I'll be the first one to order it, Highest specs possible, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, no hesitations!

8. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Heh, you're truly willing to do so?

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

10. chinarider macrumors regular

Bottle of Jack in one hand, Winchester in the other - And 3 PCs within 10' of me.

Yeah, it may be irking me a little!

11. island macrumors 6502

island

I'm on my way to the Gym right now! The heavy plastic garbage is too much for me! :rolleyes:

Stick to the Air or Pro, plastic Macs will be outdated shortly.

12. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

I cracked and got the cheapo macbook. Just so I won't feel so bad when the new macbook pro comes out. I will sell the macbook and get the new one. I needed it too bad.

13. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I'll bump this post (or any similar one from this time period) whenever the Macbooks are next updated, if I can find it. I'm pretty sure the Macbooks won't lose the plastic any time soon. :D

14. forrest368 macrumors member

Buy when it finally arrives? HECK YES! I've only been waiting since like september! Now that I finally can, I plan to!

15. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

This section of the forum has practically been my home page for about the last month now. I'm quite sure that I've pretty much lost it, and have gone completely insane.

16. txhil macrumors regular

I don't feel so alone anymore! I'm running a Ti powerbook G4 and it has truly been good to me. I'll continue to run old faithful until I see what I want in the MBP. How many years was the Titanium out before it was redesigned to aluminum? The aluminum came out in October of 2002 or 2003? I had just bought my Titanium when the aluminum came out. No real complaints about that since my powerbook has been so good to me...but this time I am more aware of my surroundings....so here I sit, now content to know that I am not alone, crouching, waiting to pounce, when updates have been made, when people start saying thank GOD it is finally here, when the time is right. I hope I will not have to stay crouching until Oct.

17. Templex macrumors regular

Hahaha, I'm checking daily as well for new MBP updates.

Although I'll probably end up skipping it, unless it's a major update (read: redesign). :(

18. Jord89 macrumors newbie

19. Beegolof macrumors newbie

Yeah, I've been using a 17" Powerbook G4 for four years now and I still love it and it runs great but with it having the old PPC chip, it's time for an update.
    I've been waiting for a while now to get one and it's truly painful to watch Macworld 08 go by and see no updates to the MBP at all.
    At this point if Apple makes any changes to the MBP no matter how small I'm buying the best one they can make. :D I just hope they do it soon. I don't know how much longer I can use this Powerbook as it's having all kinds of hardware failure.

20. one1 macrumors 65816

Ever considered a hobby? :)

21. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

22. Al Sharpton macrumors newbie

23. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Given your username, I got a good belly-laugh outta that one while doing some very late night design work.

Nice.

24. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I'm about to crack. Got out of bed after midnight.

I'm about to buy an Air. The fully loaded one.

25. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Heh, I have a basket waiting for me at Apple.com with a Mac Pro and a MBA in it. Not very expensive too :p

But I am a student and my MBP serves me way better. There's no way to justify buying above items with a year left on campus. :mad: