Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lidomkj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I am tired of hearing about people who were lucky enough to pre-order AND they have reservations for the 24th, just in case they do not get their delivery on the 24th. Both me and my wife could not pre-order due to all the issues and we tried all day, but were lucky enough to get 1 reservation through.

If you have a pre-order shipping for delivery on the 24th AND you have confirmation that it was shipped......Please cancel your reservation or give your reservation to somebody who was not as lucky as you. Unless you need more than one for your family plan. At least it frees up some stock for others.

All the forums (including this one) have a multiple people who did pre-order and reservations. I understand wanting it on release day, but others were not as lucky due to Att server issues.

stellablue96

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
yeah...my account was totally messed up and I was unable to get a preorder in or a reservation until it was too late. Trying not to be bitter...but its hard!

Dj BW

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2007
Orange County
I have one reservation @ South Coast Plaza and one @ Fashion Island, as well as a preorder shipping. I am willing to sell one of my reservations for $799 :)

fuzion

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2010
It's frustrating that I pre-ordered online before people here who have shipping info............................ and I have nothing. I woke up at 2 AM and tried for 30 minutes, nothing. I tried at 6:30 AM, nothing. I tried the apple website, I tried the AT&T website, I downloaded the app on the way to work and all it did was close out and crash.

It's very ****ing frustrating, the only way I could place an order was through premier, which turns out to be a **** hole.

Elysian

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2010
You all tried too hard. I went to the AT&T store at 8:30am. No one in line, so I got myself a smoothie next door to only return at the AT&T store at 8:50 with one person in front of me.

I knew it was going to be hectic online, so like a smart awesome person I am, went to the store. Plain and simple as the stores are allotted a certain amount as well. Brains are useful in these kind of situations. You should use it.

I ended up leaving the store by 9:30 with 3 pre-orders. :D

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
As I stated in the other thread, I'd be happy to let it go the moment I knew my preordered iPhone 4 was "out for delivery" or even in my hands. There are just a few variables for it to get screwed up.

I would even go so far as to visit the likely chaotic Apple store where I had the reservation and share the iPhone 4 excitement and joy by taking someone at the back of a "non-reservation" line into the store and transferring the reservation, provided that I check with Apple first for that to be okay.

Which store are you looking to get your iPhones?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I have one reservation @ South Coast Plaza and one @ Fashion Island, as well as a preorder shipping. I am willing to sell one of my reservations for $799 :)

Ruuuuuude.

I'm not really pissed. It's just a phone. I've been running around without an iPhone for a week though and I'm really starting to feel the effects.

ItsThatKush

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
You all tried too hard. I went to the AT&T store at 8:30am. No one in line, so I got myself a smoothie next door to only return at the AT&T store at 8:50 with one person in front of me.

I knew it was going to be hectic online, so like a smart awesome person I am, went to the store. Plain and simple as the stores are allotted a certain amount as well. Brains are useful in these kind of situations. You should use it.

AT&T stores experienced same issues as everyone else. Your comments are useless and not needed on these forums. Not everyone lives close to an ATT store or they may have to work, etc.

I was able to reserve mine from Apple.com without much hassle.. just had to refresh a few times. But thanks for telling us all how smart you are. At least that's one person who thinks so :rolleyes:

lidomkj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
As I stated in the other thread, I'd be happy to let it go the moment I knew my preordered iPhone 4 was "out for delivery" or even in my hands. There are just a few variables for it to get screwed up.

I would even go so far as to visit the likely chaotic Apple store where I had the reservation and share the iPhone 4 excitement and joy by taking someone at the back of a "non-reservation" line into the store and transferring the reservation, provided that I check with Apple first for that to be okay.

Which store are you looking to get your iPhones?

I agree. That would be really cool for somebody who thinks there is no hope. I am going to Apple South Hills Village in Pittsburgh.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Why would you be PO's because someone was able to reserve an iPhone?

I was up at 2AM on the morning that they became available and because of that, I was able to reserve two iPhones within 30 minutes. I'm buying both of them and got my reminder email from Apple for both a short while ago.

Bettermann09

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
I settled for a reservation because the pre-order option kept crashing. Later on that day I was able to pre-order one. Cancelled the reservation as soon as it processed. I tried to help :)

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Why be mad at the people who successfully reserved? They didn't do anything wrong. Be mad at Apple/AT&T who have failed you, not other fans/customers JUST LIKE YOU.

fuzion

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2010
Why would you be PO's because someone was able to reserve an iPhone?

I was up at 2AM on the morning that they became available and because of that, I was able to reserve two iPhones within 30 minutes. I'm buying both of them and got my reminder email from Apple for both a short while ago.

The pissed at someone comes from them pre-ordering an iphone and then also setting up a store reservation, which eats up another phone that someone else could have ordered.

lidomkj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I should clarify...I am not mad at the people who did both because I would of done the same thing. I just wanted to express my frustrations that I could not and remind people to cancel their reservations or transfer to someone else if they are not needed.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
i have a pre-order coming in and two reservations at the apple store :p

cancelled the reservations as soon as my pre-order went through though

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
The only reason why I would be PO'd( since mine shipped already, I am not) would be for the users who took advantage of their eligibility not resetting right away and ordered more then one iPhone on the same line so they could sell the extras at a profit on eBay or " help" the people who were unable to pre-order or make a reservation on time by selling their extras for $1000.

rmwhite

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
I don't think a lot of the people understand that since they ordered, and presumably since most orders will be processed by launch day, their upgrade eligibility will be reset, and they won't be able to pick up a phone at the subsidized price, even if they have a reservation. This is especially true for those who are taking late (July 2) shipment, as that product will likely be heading out the factory door by launch day.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Personally I think the fault lies with Apple and ATT.

RESERVATIONS should require a deposit. Whether or not that's refundable is another conversation.

But in short - it would eliminate people from "double dipping" the inventory.

I personally don't care about getting the iPhone on launch day (I didn't pre order or reserve) - but those that did BOTH have to learn a bit of patience instead of HAVING to have a phone on launch day. Talk about spoiled.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
The pissed at someone comes from them pre-ordering an iphone and then also setting up a store reservation, which eats up another phone that someone else could have ordered.

That I understand. I accidentally ordered mine for store pickup because I had already tried ordering a phone about 30 times and the website kept failing. I actually wanted to order one for delivery. Once I accidentally ordered for store pickup, I figured I would order a second one also since I didn't have to make sure I had the money in my account right then.

I hope everyone can get a phone on Thursday.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007

Well, I feel bad for those who preordered and didn't reserve, and for some stupid reason, they got canceled. While I'm not touting I was smarter or had foresight, I hoped for the best but expected the worst. Even after placing the preorders, I took the extra initiative to reserve. I had to do both to ensure my wife and I will be getting our iPhones on the 24th - both of our 3G and 3GS are already sold, and she's back on a 2G, and I'm using a flip phone. My reservations are for 16GB iPhone 4's, but I preordered a 32GB for myself which is still in limbo.

Should it turn out successful for the preorders, I will be taking the equally-extra initiative to help someone out on line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.