Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Yeah...once I preorder, I think I'll be good. I'm half excited and half anxious. I just want to make sure I am able to order the one that I want. Once the order goes through, the anxiety will go away and leave excitement.

I have a Pebble Steel so the wrist-worn notifications isn't something I'm jonesing for; I am looking forward to the increased reliability and greater capabilities.

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
I'm not looking forward to preordering online seconds after it goes live.

It can get ugly quick. Even if it goes smoothy it's not a lot of fun.

It is unknown how this will go down.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Meh. I'll pre-order it, but the excitement died. I like the watch, but it comes when it comes. Until then, I got a life to live.

:)
I'm the opposite. I will not be getting one until close to the end of the year. But I'm still very excited about the launch and for the eventual chance to play with them in the store. I think my husband will be getting one at launch. I'll be excited to have an Apple watch in the house even if it's not mine.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Yeah I am looking forward to it but I will feel happier once my preorder is in. I want to get an appointment as early as possible to try the watch on at my nearest Apple Store and order it there

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
I think it's probably because I have a small collection of watches but I rarely wear them. Nothing fancy, they range between a typical Casio, Seiko, and Citizens. Nothing really over $250, and I thought that was the high range for me already. I love the idea of watches and I'd love to wear one, but most of the time, I just take them off. Even when I'm at a desk doing work, I take it off. It makes my skin feel breathable again when I do that.

The Apple watch does have more "uses" than just telling time or measuring lap times, but I'm still afraid I'll just end up keeping it in the closet again, like all the other ones. I know it's made by Apple, but I'm afraid it's just another fad for me. I'll just reach for my pocket (iPhone) if I want to check the time, text, or email notifications. One less device to carry around.

So I can't justify to myself that I even want one. I'm sure some people have no problem even sleeping with their watch on without feeling discomfort, but it's all personal. I can't stand anything constricting me when I'm awake, let alone trying to sleep. I may change down the line, but who knows.

I'll pre-order it anyway. I think. Maybe.

Last edited:

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
I was really excited when I realized we get it THIS MONTH. I can preorder mine next Thursday at 9PM here in Hawaii. And just a little more than 2 weeks later many of us will be lucky enough to have one. I don't think I will space out like I did on the iPhone 6+ and forget to order until morning.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I have my model picked out and saved in my "favorites" on Apple Store app. At least 3 times a day I find myself spinning the 360 view and staring at it. Weird, I know. But I'm so pumped to get that watch on my wrist.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
It's weird but I've never been this excited about an Apple product either. Perhaps the day before I got my rMBP was pretty intense.

And then I keep thinking I might not get the pre-order in fast enough and have to wait a month or two waiting for my watch to arrive.

You know, if you all just you know, wait until I pre-order the watch first, and then pre-order the watch yourselves, that'd be great. In exchange, I'll, no I haven't got anything. But deal anyways? Cool, thanks. :)

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
The responses on this thread make me happy.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one absolutely freaking out about getting my hands on this product. My family members are concerned, but you people ... you get it. ;)

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Know the model you want. If there are others you'd also be willing to purchase, know that, too.

In my case, I'm pretty sure I'll go with the pale pink modern buckle. I also know I'd take it in black or brown and be fine with that. I'd also consider blue.

I'd buy the Milanese if none of those were available. I might go Milanese before the blue modern buckle.

I've flip flopped on these choices several times already. Nobody knows how many they've made of which configurations, so I'm glad I like so many of them.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I'm excited and worried! Excited that it's getting closer to launch, worried because it seems like the watch I want is the most popular and that I might have to step up to a more expensive one to get it on launch day.

I'm so freaking torn.

I've been telling myself I won't buy the Watch because....
a) It's a first gen product. There will certainly be a lot of improvements in a short time. My first iPhone and iPad were both second gen
b) I'm not convinced of it's utility. It seems like a fun toy to play with, and there are certainly a lot of ways in the future it could be super useful, but I'm not sure it's there yet
c) I can't even bring it to work! Due to security restrictions I need to leave my iPhone in the car and would need to do the same with the Watch

But on the other hand as time goes on I realize that I really, really want to get it because....
a) The overall excitement of a new Apple product. I don't want to feel like I'm missing out.
b) It'll be fun progressing with the watch as new apps come out... new API's open up... new use cases are discovered...
c) Quite plainly, I can afford it. Single, no kids, and a good paying job. I live my life very thrifty ususally. Definitely a "saver"

I think I'll make a reservation to try one on and see for myself. But it all is very exciting! :)

bumpylumpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2015
c) I can't even bring it to work! Due to security restrictions I need to leave my iPhone in the car and would need to do the same with the Watch

If you are allowed to tell us, why can't you bring your Apple Watch into work? I understand some places have restrictions on cameras (so no iPhone), but I figure you should be able to at least bring the Watch in so it can do health tracking.

----------

I was excited in the Fall, lost excitement (forgot about the watch), excited at the March announcement, and then I lost excitement when I saw the pricing.

Then talking to people here I regained my excitement, but then I started losing it again the more I think about. It doesn't do anything that *must* have and I'm concerned about the cost, being 1st gen and all that.

So depending on my mood on pre-order day I may be so burned out I skip it, or I'll be right there clicking F5 at midnight with the rest of you! :)

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I'm so freaking torn.

I've been telling myself I won't buy the Watch because....
a) It's a first gen product. There will certainly be a lot of improvements in a short time. My first iPhone and iPad were both second gen
b) I'm not convinced of it's utility. It seems like a fun toy to play with, and there are certainly a lot of ways in the future it could be super useful, but I'm not sure it's there yet

But on the other hand as time goes on I realize that I really, really want to get it because....
a) The overall excitement of a new Apple product. I don't want to feel like I'm missing out.
b) It'll be fun progressing with the watch as new apps come out... new API's open up... new use cases are discovered...
c) Quite plainly, I can afford it. Single, no kids, and a good paying job. I live my life very thrifty ususally. Definitely a "saver"

I think I'll make a reservation to try one on and see for myself. But it all is very exciting! :)

The watch has no camera. Why could you not bring it to work? If you had wifi at work you could get calendar reminders and so forth. You could also get calls, but I suppose you could turn that off. Are you not allowed to have any cell phones at work or just the type with cameras?

If you are allowed to tell us, why can't you bring your Apple Watch into work? I understand some places have restrictions on cameras (so no iPhone), but I figure you should be able to at least bring the Watch in so it can do health tracking.

The watch has no camera. Why could you not bring it to work? If you had wifi at work you could get calendar reminders and so forth. You could also get calls, but I suppose you could turn that off. Are you not allowed to have any cell phones at work or just the type with cameras?

It's the microphone and wifi capability that would restrict me from bringing it to my work area. But now that I think of it, I actually might be able to bring it to my building and drop it in these little lock boxes (which would help, because that'd still be a quarter mile walk. Also there is a fitness area where I could probably use the watch).

Also, please explain to me how the :apple:watch could still use wifi and receive phone calls without my iPhone? I thought the iPhone needed to be in range and/or on the same wifi network to allow both data and cellular usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.