Anyone else secretly hope there IS NOT a new iPhone this summer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Californian, Apr 7, 2009.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally stoked at the possibility of new hardware this summer BUT, if there IS NOT new hardware that means all the cool stuff we're finding in 3.0 is just for a sweet update.

But I am fairly confident there will be new hardware.

2. Justen macrumors member

I'd agree with that. I hope there isn't, not just because it will be in the 3.0 firmware, but more because of Apple as a company. I'm tired of having to buy their new software every year.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Eh, it'd be nice to have the latest and greatest for a while longer. But you can't halt progress because you're selfish, or at least that is my line of thinking now. I have a collection of 1 rev out of date Macs and they still work perfectly, so I'm not too bothered by my iPhone being 1 rev out of date as well. (That is unless I can sell it for the full price of a new one like I did last time :D)

5. neilp4453 macrumors regular

You clearly don't understand the concept of having the most up-to-date gear.

I, for one, hope there is no new iPhone.

6. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Yup there will be a new one. No doubt. I'm glad since I still have the original one.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So if a newer iphone comes out you wont be happy with your current iphone any more cause its not the newest cool thing out there?
    I understand the concept but its very childish to me......

8. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

9. kage207 macrumors 6502a

No we understand that there is a concept of having the "most up-to-date gear." This is called Americanism. :rolleyes:

And too bad, there is gonna be an iPhone update and I want the update. Just like I want updates in laptops and computers because when I come around to buy in that market I don't want to wait another 5 months because then everyone is ready to update. Why wait on everyone? That's just stupid business.

10. SiuPak macrumors newbie

I'm still using the 1st Gen :apple: iPhone. The 3rd Gen :apple: iPhone hardware should be able to attract me to upgrade, I think.

11. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

There is going to be an update to the iPhone yearly, at the least. It's futile to try and keep up to date. I mean, if you want to be in an endless AT&T contract and/or pay $600+ a year to have the 'latest' iPhone, good for you. (Not you specifically, not picking on you!)

12. kage207 macrumors 6502a

I was making fun of Americanism actually. I think you have to have the best of the best every single second of the day is stupid. ;)

I'm still on the 1st Gen iPhone. Didn't upgrade to 3G because I didn't think the speeds was worth the upgrade. :p

13. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Are you kidding? The iPhone 3G barely has enough RAM to handle 2.x and the 2.x SDK apps. I can't wait to be able to buy a phone that can actually support multi-tasking! I hope this year's iPhone isn't as crippled as my 3G ...

14. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Are you kidding me?? CRIPPLED? I have friends with every other kind of phone and they all look and play with my phone with awe in their eyes. If you truly believe that the iPhone 3G is a crippled phone, you my friend have some wild expectations. We can all HOPE for something more awe inspiring, but calling the iPhone 3G a crippled phone is like calling Beethoven worthless just because he was deaf.

I think too many people focus ALL of their attention on the little thing missing and in that miss out on all of the incredible things.

15. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Nope. I hope it's released. I love the iPhone 3G, but I am sure I will love the new one more.

16. standingsotall macrumors newbie

standingsotall

Well considering I just bought mine on Friday, I hope not! but if that is the case, I will seriously be considering taking it back before my 14 days is up.

17. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone. But I hate the fact that I can't listen to music while doing any kind of extended surfing (without the music stuttering due to there not being enough RAM) and I find it annoying that I have to reboot (or pay for memory freeing apps) before playing certain games because there simply is not enough RAM in this thing!! Just because a product is great/revolutionary/amazing/etc doesn't mean it can't stand to be improved. Just because it's made by Apple doesn't mean it's perfect. ;)

18. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

I agree it's not perfect, nothing is ... But it definately stands head and shoulders above everything else out there.

19. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

By miles.

20. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Or kilometers... For our friends across the pond.

21. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Agreed!!

Still needs more RAM though. ;)

22. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Which pond?

I am in the UK and we use miles for distance.

Continental Europe is 'over the stream' if anything :)

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Not me.

I am looking forward to seeing the new hardware, and of course new software. :)

24. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

There's clearly something wrong with your phone then. I've never had a problem shuffling through the music on my 3G and "intensively" surfing the internet (5+ windows open) while popping out to use Maps & call people. No stuttering or crashing. Are you jailbroken?

This isn't to say there aren't things on the phone that are annoying or bizarre (no search function to date, the way the iPod app handles coverflow) but I don't need to complain about it all the time because I knew the limitations when I got the phone.

25. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I agree... I haven't had any stuttering or freezing or even crashing since 2.1. I think an un-jailbroken iPhone runs fine the way it is, but more RAM would make it even smoother.