Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
my existing phone from last year is not showing up in the upgrade program. On hold with apple sales support.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Really? That would be LEGIT.

Another user posted the email date/time from last year. It was 7:04pm PST to be exact. The only reason to suspect they won't do the same this year is that they didn't explicitly mention it during the keynote as they did last year. HOWEVER, last year was the first time they offered it, so there was reason to mention it. Not the case this time around. Think about all the other stuff they didn't explicitly mention, or only mentioned in super quick passing, or even not at all except for in the graphic showing all the cool new features.

I'll expect the email until it doesn't come.

rbalkun

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
“Customers who would like to pay monthly for their iPhone — including those trading in their current device or joining or upgrading through the iPhone Upgrade Program — can use the Apple Store app on their iPhone to get pre-approved until 9 p.m. PDT on Thursday, September 12, before iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max pre-order begins.” So judging by that in their press release they will be preapproving at some point.

Reactions: Legion103

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Looks like “pre-approval” started last year on Wednesday 9/12(found an old email) and pre-orders began on 9/14. I assume they will start tomorrow...hopefully.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
“Customers who would like to pay monthly for their iPhone — including those trading in their current device or joining or upgrading through the iPhone Upgrade Program — can use the Apple Store app on their iPhone to get pre-approved until 9 p.m. PDT on Thursday, September 12, before iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max pre-order begins.” So judging by that in their press release they will be preapproving at some point.

And there it is.

Reactions: C7 POWER

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
I would guess it starts tomorrow...based on last years timing.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Wonder if you can get preapproved in the UK or if it’s a US only thing. Want to join the programme.

Legion103

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Do we have to manually go into the Apple Store App to check if we're pre-approved? Or will an email come with a link to it? (Can you tell this is my first time upgrading via the IUP?!)

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Looks like “pre-approval” started last year on Wednesday 9/12(found an old email) and pre-orders began on 9/14. I assume they will start tomorrow...hopefully.

But last year the keynote was on the 12th because the Tuesday was 9/11. IOW the email was from the same date as the keynote. So that would mean tonight.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Quit asking if you do not like the answers, good lord you are annoying with this already in this thread lol.

Every year for 1up members, this is the time they open the pre approval up. FOR EXISTING 1 UP MEMBERS ONLY.

Get off here and go back to calling Apple and annoy them over it then
It’s not that’s its not showing up on my end and I’m on the phone with apple.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Yes. There's been a lot of hand wringing over this, with people in the plan feeling that they should get to pre-order early. It's not why I'm in the program, but I'd certainly appreciate the ability to do so!
Still, with the 5 hour delay in pre-order time this Friday, it's not going to be painful to be at my keyboard at 8 a.m. :)
Yes much easier to do at 7 AM central vs 2 AM hoping though for email saying we can prequalify making a one button push at 7 AM or when I get in
[doublepost=1568146744][/doublepost]
Usually though, for those of us on the Upgrade Program, we get the email to go ahead and get approved again, and select our choices early so when its time to pre order, we get it done faster. I wonder if they will offer that this year?

But I LOVE not waking up and doing at 3am this year and being able to do it at 8am!!
Yep love the 7am time central US. I am hoping we get that email again to pre qualify and not have to do the carrier and credit approval at 7 AM or later. I remember it was maybe late in day of keynote or next day we got that email.

Reactions: C7 POWER

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Yes much easier to do at 7 AM central vs 2 AM hoping though for email saying we can prequalify making a one button push at 7 AM or when I get in

Yup email should be here by tonight. You make me wonder though...if you don't hit the button at 7am and instead do it say an hour in when ship times have slipped, will our ship times slip? Or, in getting pre-approval are our phones somehow set aside?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.