Anyone else super geeked about iPhone 4, but

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajones46, Jun 13, 2010.

1. ajones46 macrumors 6502

You explain the cool new features, people are just like "meh.." I'm really excited for this iPhone, especially since it'll be my first, and I'll talk to someone about the high pixels per inch or the gyroscope, and i'll just get a blank stare and a heartless, "Cool.." major buzz kill.

2. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

yea im pretty pumped. i convinced my girlfriend to switch from verizon to att.

3. euphrus macrumors member

the average person doesn't appreciate it as much as we do...

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You are asking non-geeks to geek out with you. What do you expect?

5. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Same here. Most of my friends just aren't tech junkies like me. I have one person I talk to that's as excited as me. Everyone else uses regular phones or has service through other carriers, mostly through Metro PCS (ewww). I come on here 90% of the time to do my iPhone talk. It's gonna suck to have facetime and no one to talk to outside of my friend and brother :(.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

you need to find geekier friends!

7. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

When i explain it in non-geek vernacular, then honestly yeah i do. I want to hear "I understand now why its so awesome." lol.

I'm only halfway kidding.

8. LoganT macrumors 68020

I'm really excited for the gyroscope, imagine X-Plane with it. :)

9. ajones46 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha true. I'm kind of the only techie in my group of friends. Once i have it in front of their faces, THEN they'll want to know all about it.

10. elephunkman macrumors 65816

My friends don't care about the specs. They just care it's a new shiny iPhone.

11. Simbazz macrumors regular

Not kidding, my family are super sick of me going on about it. My friends share my enthusiasm about this phone but mention it to one of the parents and they look at me in disgust when I mention price :( I'm not stupid for wanting the iPhone 4 for over £400 am I?

12. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

YES!

Well, most of my friends who are techies tend to be anti-Apple, telling me "ew the EVO is so much better or whatever the hell that waste of time is--so I'm all alone :(. Except for my girlfriend, since she's eligible for the $199 pricing she's gonna get one with me as well and she's excited as much as I am! :D

I use the HELL out of my iPhone every single day, so I appreciate it a lot :D

13. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

My friends are the same way. They just say "Dude, it's just a phone". My roommate doesn't even see how i can pay $200 for a phone!!! Only know a few people that are planning to get the new iPhone at all (all Apple fanatics unlike me) and now i know how they feel when i say that sort of stuff to them when they bought iPads, iMacs, and Macbook Pros.

14. Branskins macrumors 65816

Wait until the see the screen! It is hard to describe to someone how big the new phone is:
    "It has a new design! Glass on the back and front and a steel band as an antenna around the side of the phone!"
    ...Their reaction: "Cool..."

"It uses their A4 processor!" ...them: "???"

"The new screen is amazing!" ...them: "Ok"

It can go on. It is hard to describe it in details to people. Wait until they see it and then they will understand :p

15. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Dude, I'm on the VERGE of dropping $500+ on an iPad like a week before the iPhone 4 launches. You ain't crazy ;). I just haven't brought myself to do it yet out if fear I'll only use one of them and the other gathers dust :(

When you get the iPhone 4, show your parents what it can do and that look of disgust will turn into awe

16. Simbazz macrumors regular

So glad I found a forum with like-minded people!

I sometimes feel sorry for my iPhone 3G, the poor things had a beating over the past 2 years. Its been a loyal phone as well, I mean, its sometimes had a hissy-fit and not worked, but very rarely!

17. Simbazz macrumors regular

Definitely not man, they'll look at it and go, "Why did you spend £400 on a phone, go to the supermarket and buy one for £10!" They just don't understand :(

I wanted a iPad, but being at University, I just can't do it. They're not practical for education, well, not for me anyways.

18. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I can't wait! It will be my first iPhone (first time T-Mobile have carried it in the UK).

My other friends just don't get it, they all just say well my phone has an 8mp camera, my phone can do this, that and the other so why pay £££ more for the iPhone......

No doubt when I get it they will be in awe! :apple: all the way for my future phones!

/Rookie

19. outphase macrumors 65816

There's always FaceTime. Those who are non-geeks are likely not the same ones saying that Europe and Japan and others already have it and wouldn't devalue it.

20. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

i really cant wait ill be getting mine and then when i go into school for the last day to pick up my grades ill be like look at my iPhone:D

21. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

OMG! Totally!!!

22. Simbazz macrumors regular

Pretty sure we're a special breed of people! Not too sure whether the breed is dumb to be paying such money for a phone, but still...special. :)

23. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I'm with all of you. When I get a new gadget wether it's a phone, iPod or anything I just get all warm and fuzzy inside :p

Then I'm anal about keeping it scratch free for a week or so then just say what the hell and that's that lol

24. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

We need to have an "ethnic cleansing" of all people who are not excited about tech. And btw I thought this was an XciteMe thread.

25. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

No we need to go door to door converting people to the gadget ways :p