Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should I update to os2?

• No

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 77 91.7%

• Total voters

maleficent86

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
I have seen a lot of threads about issues with os2 but has anyone had a positive experience? The reason I am asking is because I will be getting my AW tomorrow. I am debating if I should wait to update it until it is more stable.

fultonjt

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2011
Denver, CO
0 issues, but only because after a day and a half my watch still won't update. Its been on "About 1 hour remaining", then "About 46 minutes remaining"...for the past 4 hours. This is the most painful iOS update I've ever dealt with (going back to original iPhone).

Reactions: Chatter

shelb724

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2015
Solon, Ohio
I do have a question. First of all, i just got my Iwatch yesterday, updated to OS2 when i got home. Problem was that my watch was down to 12% battery and i needed to have 50% to continue. I plugged it in and went to sleep. I woke up during the night and saw that i was still at 1.1 even though it had completed. I then decided to restart my watch and that solved that issue, i now have 2.0!

So on to my next question. I asked this before but lost the thread it was on. I had a Fit Bit and now do not need it. Someone said there is a way to keep up with my friends, etc, without the actual Fit Bit. If someone could please answer me i would appreciate it! Thanks so much!

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
All seems well so far, I keep reading about battery issues but so far it seems on par for me.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
0 issues, but only because after a day and a half my watch still won't update. Its been on "About 1 hour remaining", then "About 46 minutes remaining"...for the past 4 hours. This is the most painful iOS update I've ever dealt with (going back to original iPhone).
After reading about everyone dealing with this I decided to wait until bedtime to start it, when I woke up it was done.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2013
Enjoying it so far.

I've yet to encounter any problems people are getting (apps not launching, worse battery life).

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I said no because the question was if I was enjoying it, not if I was having issues with it or whatever.

The reason I am not really enjoying it to the fullest is because I can't put complications on the photo watch face. I want my choice picture with the temp and events on it.

Other than that, so far so good and time will tell if native apps help a watch become more enjoyable.

jannette

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
Bishop's Stortford
I am somewhat underwhelmed. Nothing really earth shattering in the upgrade. I still find Maps and Mail slow to load.....but maybe the watch needs time to sort it?

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
No issues here, but it's been a pretty disappointing upgrade in terms of features. Don't expect native apps right away, as that will still depend on third party developers to update their apps. And if you don't like multi-colored complications and use the utility face, don't upgrade. Besides that, and minor things like nightstand mode, not much difference between OS2 and OS1.01 from a daily use perspective.

cutterhawk

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2015
After the update my watch wouldn't ping my iphone, had to reset all network settings to get it to work again. It is now verrry slow to reboot if you turn it off and back on.

chiffchaff

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
Western US
Installation went fine, no issues with running apps, battery life still very good. The new watch faces and different color selections are fun but the real value is what the third party apps will do with OS2, and that will take some time. A couple apps that I use a lot have already come out with native watch versions so I can easily say yes, I'm enjoying it.

Oh, and I do like the nightstand function.

PhantomProf

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2015
No issues here after the update. Liking it so far. Some apps seem to load faster and Runtastic has access to the sensors.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I have seen a lot of threads about issues with os2 but has anyone had a positive experience? The reason I am asking is because I will be getting my AW tomorrow. I am debating if I should wait to update it until it is more stable.

Just remember that this forum does not represent the majority of users out there and that people don't usually go out of their way to create "everything is great" threads.

FWIW I upgraded both my wife's Apple Watch and mine with no issues.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Loving it. Battery seems better. Upgrade was speedy. Liking night stand. Love the photo watch face, along with the new city ones. Waiting for native apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.