Anyone get an iphone 7 express replacement yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Sep 26, 2016.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Need to swap my 7, have AC+, wanna do express

Anyone done this yet? Just curious, thx

2. jonkevin macrumors newbie

I have a 7 Plus that had a faulty accelerometer. They replaced it under the EFFA program and ordered a replacement with overnight shipping for free.

3. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Whats EFFA?

4. winterny macrumors 6502

I did, and it was very easy. Ordered on Thursday afternoon, replacement arrived on Monday. Replacement fixed my issue (hiss)

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

hiss on the 7 or +?

6. snsking macrumors 6502

snsking

I have a supervisor scheduled to call me tomorrow for one, we'll see how it goes

7. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

I saw where you said you can't upload pix in the chat but you can. I did earlier by clicking the clipboard icon

8. Classic_Mac macrumors newbie

Classic_Mac

Had my iPhone 7 Plus replaced with express replacement, requested on a Friday had the replacement by Monday. It's a great option for AppleCare+ members.

9. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

can you see in the about screen if model number is m or n

10. Classic_Mac macrumors newbie

Classic_Mac

The model number of my replacement is NN522LL/A, iPhone 7+ 128GB Matte Black GSM. The N is for replacement models and M is for retail, F is for refurbished.

11. Gualwer macrumors regular

I've used their express replacement several times. You contact them and set up the express replacement. You need to have a credit card handy because they will put a hold on your credit card for the retail price of the phone you're replacing. They will overnight you a replacement phone. Once you've received the replacement phone, then you put the defective device in the box they used to send you the replacement phone and use the prepaid label included with the box. Drop it off at FedEx and then once they receive the defective device then they will release the hold on your credit card and then you're ALMOST good to go!

Plz call back and make sure you're AppleCare plus has been transferred over to the replacement phone. They have awesome customer service and they're quick to send you a replacement phone, but when it comes to transferring the AppleCare plus from the defective device to the replacement, I've always had issues! I always have to call back and ask them to transfer it over, and believe me, you wanna make sure the replacement phone is covered.

12. snsking macrumors 6502

snsking

Ill update you tomorrow with what they tell me

13. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Tried that in the UK due a large screen scratch out of the box and no joy. Went to the back of the queue again.

14. ZipZap macrumors 603

Why do they need a separate model for replacements. Like refurbished that separate model number implies inferior.

15. arman94 macrumors regular

16. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

they can and will. right now no since its barely been 2 weeks but eventually.

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I don't think we get any iPhones that start with F (refurbished). Apple doesn't sell refurbished iPhones, but they do sell refurbished iPads, etc. and they do start with F. The difference between "N" white box replacements (which aren't offered for sale and are only given out for warranty/OOW purposes) and "F" refurbished iDevices that they do sell in the Certified Refurbished store are in name only for allocation purposes, as they all receive a brand new shell (meaning screen + case) and battery. "N" white box replacements can be brand new or remanufactured depending on the timing and/or stock.

18. ZipZap macrumors 603

Anyone who knows and see the N will know the phone was a replacement, not new and could have been refurbished.

19. arman94 macrumors regular

Exactly. In my case I have exchanged 7 Apple Watches sport 42mm space Gray cause the build quality is poor. Paint is going from corner. It looks like that Watchea which did not pass quality control are going as a replacement. All model with letter "N". If i buy Watch in retail store it will not gonna have such issue))

20. xthine macrumors regular

xthine

21. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

22. xthine macrumors regular

xthine

Good to know thanks!

23. AppleWarrior macrumors member

AppleWarrior

I did. Apple sent the replacement and put a hold on my CC for the amount of the new phone. I received it the very next day, and then shipped my phone back to them in the same box. They received it, and then took the hold on my CC off. Easy process, really.

The new phone was same production week and had both issues that my original had. Now, I am just going to wait until a couple of months go by and new stock comes in, then go to apple store, get a replacement that doesn't have the issue, and call it good.

24. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

I've actually not had an F in years and I've had about a handful of replacements in the last two years. Every single replacement unit was designated with an N as I believe M and N are the only current destinations they use now. Where M is retail/new and N is a service unit/refurbished

25. cerebra1 macrumors member

I got a JB 7+ on Sept 23rd and just got my replacement today. 256GB version. Was trying to get rid of the processor noise/hissing but the new one has it too. Gonna stick with it...so far, no issues really...so that's easy to live with.