Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
my saddle brown just came !

LOVE IT, as long as I don't get obsessive about cases (I might, they are soooo cheap for the 4.7" size, maybe theres a silicone one in my future too but no real rush) I'm set with this and my clear TPU (at least until it yellows in time, then I may buy another cheap one)

I missed having a leather option, since I came from XR

6H9mPsu.jpg

The bottom looks really fresh to me
fD0szPH.jpg

OnVx4H8.jpg
I agree with you on the Apple leather cases. Love them! The quality is excellent and when I take off the case (rarely), there is never a speck of dust or dirt inside and no scratches on the phone. They also do a good job of protecting the phone. On occasion my phones have fallen face down on cement and the edges of the case have gotten scuffed, but not a mark on the phones.

Last edited:

sluggozmom

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2011
Massachusetts
cancelled my Walmart preorder, to get it in store. Eligibility reset instantly.

Thank you!!

I ordered mine through chase rewards on the 18th .. (yeah a blunder, I shoulda just bought it and transferred points later, I woulda had it last Friday)
Still no action today, so I followed your lead, cancelled it, and snagged the Walmart deal. Got a White 128 GB, week 11 with 13.4. Installed 13.4.1 and migrating now. Might just live with the $5 monthly bill.

Reactions: thadoggfather

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Thank you!!

I ordered mine through chase rewards on the 18th .. (yeah a blunder, I shoulda just bought it and transferred points later, I woulda had it last Friday)
Still no action today, so I followed your lead, cancelled it, and snagged the Walmart deal. Got a White 128 week 11 with 13.4. Installed 13.4.1 and migrating now. Might just live with the $5 monthly bill.

no problem!

Thats the only way I think Walmart is making money on this: people leaving the installment on their account and causing them to be more likely to stay with their service, getting some kind of kickback from AT&T... though its not a 'contract' one goes in hand with the other / there is a correlation.

I would imagine most people don't buy it out outright after a bit. I probably will, but no real rush.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Still no action today, so I followed your lead, cancelled it, and snagged the Walmart deal. Got a White 128 GB, week 11 with 13.4. Installed 13.4.1 and migrating now. Might just live with the $5 monthly bill.
I'm just waiting. I dunno if Walmart will be carrying 256GB models and I don't want to just take whatever's available.
[automerge]1588022929[/automerge]
Thats the only way I think Walmart is making money on this: people leaving the installment on their account and causing them to be more likely to stay with their service, getting some kind of kickback from AT&T... though its not a 'contract' one goes in hand with the other / there is a correlation.
Iirc, the agreements I "signed" include a statement saying you have to keep service for 30 days.

Back in the 2-year contract days, I remember there were third party resellers who'd give you $100-200 cash back if you sign up for a new plan or upgrade through them (usually after 30 days as well). Perhaps Walmart has a similar deal with carriers with a set fee per subscriber so they're fine selling the iPhone SEs at cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: kazmac

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
I think the thing that other (Well some) members will face, is ‘buyers remorse’ will set in, with the terms of selling their more expensive/larger iPhone. Now, if you have an iPad or Mac you can resort to for viewing your media and other content, and you can accept the fact that a smaller iPhone may not have everything the larger iPhones have, then by all means, I would do it.

But during your 14 days of a trial with the SE, I would probably switch Sim cards to see if you like it before you ultimately sell your 11 Pro.

And I think it’s also worth noting, if you’re a frequent member that visit sites like this, it’s really easy to get caught up in ‘hype Trains’, but that eventually wears off very quickly, and when you purchase the SE, [it is a great phone], but there are sacrifices that you have to make that dawn on you later on.

I’m not knocking the SE, but it is worth pointing out you have to see the opposing side. But again, it depends if you have other Apple products that you can resort to watching/utilizing your media versus a 4.7 inch display only. For most of us, we have Macs/iPads, etc. For some, they don’t and the 4.7 inch iPhone would be their only option.

I myself, having larger displays with iPhones, would have a difficult time downgrading to a 4.7 inch display. As another member alluded to, I am keeping watch on the 5.4” if it’s everything I expect it to be.
Yeah I totally agree with you. I‘m not actually going to downgrade from my 11 Pro and I don’t have any complaints about my 11 Pro. I just hated to plop down $750 plus my XR to get it when it really doesn’t do anything different than a $400 iPhone SE other than better blacks and the triple lens camera.

badatusernames

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2018
Yeah I totally agree with you. I‘m not actually going to downgrade from my 11 Pro and I don’t have any complaints about my 11 Pro. I just hated to plop down $750 plus my XR to get it when it really doesn’t do anything different than a $400 iPhone SE other than better blacks and the triple lens camera.

I feel your pain too. These days in light of the pandemic people are being more prudent with this funds. A couple of months ago I concluded that I’m not buying a 600+ phone because I’m not a heavy smartphone user.

Reactions: jpn and 5105973

korbs

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2020
I am supposed to be getting mine today.

please tell me one thing - am I allowed to activate it and then return to the shop or am I not allowed to insert the SIM into it if I consider returning?

I am uncertain about it.

austyn23

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2017
I got my SE today! 128 GB White one. I'm super happy with it. Decided to leave the protective film until I find a good screen protector.

I never used film protection on the 6s, 7, 8 and SE and never had scratches. On the 11P I put it because of the “easy scratch screen” thread on this forum.

But I hate them, specially on the SE form factor with that touch id cutout area.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
am I allowed to activate it and then return to the shop or am I not allowed to insert the SIM into it if I consider returning?

No one can answer this for you. Seeing that you’re not from North America, (as you’re in a different country), why don’t you consult with your Local return Laws for policy and return procedures, Every country is different in terms of what they are allowed to return once a device is activated and/or Purchased.

Reactions: korbs

korbs

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2020
I will!

Just now I have received the package - oh the anticipation is even higher :)

need to wait till the evening though to find the time to fiddle with it.

Do you have a guide for 1st time user? I mean I have set the AppleID, i know what ICloud is ;)

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
This thread is making me seriously consider selling my 11 Pro and buying the SE. I was always the person to upgrade to the latest flagship until the XR came out, and I bought that. I regretted not have the dual lens, so when the 11 Pro came out I bought it instead of upgrading to the 11. In hindsight, I loved everything about my XR. My favorite iPhone I ever had was my 7 Plus, bezels and all. I love the size and features for the price of this new SE. I don’t think I‘ll ever buy the flagship iPhone again so long as they offer phones like this.
[automerge]1587926022[/automerge]

Congrats! I really like the white with the all black face on the new SE. It’s the best looking of the iPhone 6 based designed iPhones.

I would be lying if I didn’t say I was contemplating as well. Love my 11 Pro, but when it comes down to it, I don’t use my phone for anything more than music, texting, phone calls and social media with the occasional web browsing. I do like experimenting with the camera too. lesson learned though, next upgrade that I’m doing, definitely going for the SE or 11 tier and not the higher end model.

Reactions: 5105973 and GuruZac

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Out of interest, those in the UK. Could you go to the Apple site and go to the iPhone XR and see how much Apple offers for the new SE as a trade in please? I am curious what Apple offer for the SE compared to say the iPhone 8..

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Out of interest, those in the UK. Could you go to the Apple site and go to the iPhone XR and see how much Apple offers for the new SE as a trade in please? I am curious what Apple offer for the SE compared to say the iPhone 8..
Pretty sure Apple won't accept any of the new phones as trade in, I tried to sell them a 6S Plus to get a 6S when they were new and that's what they told me in store.

EDIT: Still the case.
apple.png

mactastic1337

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
Nope. :mad: Walmart just cancelled my pre-order. Was given this excuse in an email: "Thanks for your recent order. We're really sorry, but the items shown below were canceled due to a system error that kept us from processing orders. We're working to fix the error and hope to have a solution soon." Needless to say, I pretty pissed about the situation. Anyone else having issues like this?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Nope. :mad: Walmart just cancelled my pre-order. Was given this excuse in an email: "Thanks for your recent order. We're really sorry, but the items shown below were canceled due to a system error that kept us from processing orders. We're working to fix the error and hope to have a solution soon." Needless to say, I pretty pissed about the situation. Anyone else having issues like this?

what carrier? Try to find a local Walmart that has inventory the deal works there too

mactastic1337

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
what carrier? Try to find a local Walmart that has inventory the deal works there too
ATT. Only one Walmart in town. Next Walmart is 80+ miles away. Nothing in stock. It's just irritating that I kept receiving emails saying my order is on its way, get ready, etc. and then it gets cancelled.

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
I got mine for $9+tax shipped from eBay as an open box one. its definitely real though from the material to the buttons to the inside lining to matching serial #'s to authentic box.

I have had brand new from Best Buy saddle brown leather cases in the past too, so I would know if there's any discrepancies on any of this.

Had the reseller pick the best looking one of the few he grabbed, there's barely even a mark or two on it.

LzB9UE1.jpg
There are serial numbers on Apple’s leather cases? Where is this located? Thanks!

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
ATT. Only one Walmart in town. Next Walmart is 80+ miles away. Nothing in stock. It's just irritating that I kept receiving emails saying my order is on its way, get ready, etc. and then it gets cancelled.
What? That can't be right, the deal runs through July 17th.. so even if they oversold now they shouldn't cancel orders. Someone isn't doing their job correctly at their service center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.