Anyone getting a little bored with their phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lakaiordie, Jun 23, 2015.

1. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

I've only had iPhones since the 3g. But now it seems like the more the iPhone ages the more its just the same. I remember when i went from the 4 to the 5s. that was a big jump. Now i have the 6plus which i almost traded for a 6 recently only because of pocket ability (plus cash on their end) but i know i'll just go back, i've gotten used to the size already. I kind of wish there were more optimized apps for landscape mode on the plus. I've contemplated about trying a galaxy note or s6 edge or something like that. But i'm too used to iOS. and i keep hearing how android phones either come with bloatware or people run into problems. they do look like really nice phones though.

your thoughts?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I go through this sometimes. When I do I just pull out my nexus and in a matter of hours I'm back with my iPhone.

3. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

It's a phone. It's a tool to use. I don't look to be excited by it. It serves it's purpose.

4. roocase macrumors newbie

roocase

I was on android for a while because I liked the larger screen. It was the 6 Plus that brought me back to IOS and I haven't regretted it yet. Our office is actually split between IOS users and Android users and I admit I can see the appeal each one holds. But I find that the consistency of IOS and its hardware to be more of a strength than a weakness.

5. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I feel that exact way about my Android phone, which is why I'll be switching come this fall. If you want to test the water and don't want bloatware stay away from Samsung definitely; go with a more stock build device (Nexus Line, Motorola phones, OnePlus One, etc.). Sometimes it's good to change it up, but in the end it's what suits you best that matters.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm bored too, but I still like iPhones (I'm not partial to Androids), and I don't plan on upgrading my 5S/6+ until the 7 in 2016. I'm glad I kept my 5S; it's my gym iPhone.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

For me it's a piece of art I hold in my hand. I never get bored with that. But yeah, I get bored sometimes with iOS.

That's usually when I change my wallpaper.

There's a reason I'm jailbroken.

8. I7guy macrumors G5

I don't get bored enough with my iPhone to try android or windows. Phones are not my issue; cars are. by the time I feel I may want another iPhone- Apple is already releasing a new operating system or new iPhone.

9. Shardlake macrumors newbie

Hmmm. Yeah, kind of get bored a bit. I'm probably going to root the phone just to have a bit more customisation. Last iPhone I had was the 4. Been on Android since then; still have my Note 4 which is a cracking phone.

I said I wouldn't get an iPhone until the increased the screen size, hence my plus. I like it and some of what Apple do; it just lacks something. Just signed up as a developer so I can get new stuff to try too.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I use to have this problem. Last year alone I owned around 15 different cellphones. This entire year I have owned just the iPhone 6. It is nice being able to go all in with apple products. I have finally reached the point where if I am bored with my phone it actually means it "just works".

11. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

yea. i wish they would do more with all the screen space the 6 plus has with apps. its seems like no apps are optimized for it. one thing i'd like is if they'd make Facebook landscape for the plus.

12. reverberlayed macrumors regular

I get bored with my phone but not because it's an iPhone. For me, the constant desire to maximize it's capability creates a feeling of boredom. I just don't have that many uses for it. I use it for texting, talking, email, safari on the go, social media, news, GPS, very few games and not much else. My needs are basic so once I accepted that I don't need to use the phone to it's "full potential" which has made me less bored by it.

13. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

thats exactly what i do on mine (not many phone calls though) i don't really play games. i might once in a while but that gets boring quick. i just feel like it can do more, especially the plus with all the extra screen space.

14. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

No, my phone is a tool and I need it work and work well. iOS is really well optimized for a phone size in my opinion.

Now I do get bored with the iPad, but iOS 9 might change that.

15. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Talk/E-mail/text/Weather/Photos/GPS/Internet a bit...Now why would I get bored if it does what I use it for ? It's a tool, not a kid that needs something new to play with, and get bored easily ;)

16. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

Your life likely isn't stimulating enough if you have time to think about how "boring" your flagship phone is. Try filling that void with something else

17. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I got over this type of feeling like 2-3 years ago.

The 6+ was a huge boost in pleasure though for a good while.

18. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I don't really understand the prospect of getting bored with a modern smartphone. I see it from a content perspective. People generally don't get bored with their TV hardware once it's sufficient. They simply find a new show.

My phone is my tv. Computer. Phone. Gaming console. Productivity device. Canera. Good content is virtually limitless and I can always find something interesting to create or consume. The hardware isn't the factor.

19. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I keep it in my pockets mostly these days, but I'm not bored with it.

20. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

Yep, and for me, the larger phone has made all those things better.

21. Merkie macrumors 68020

22. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Yes, but after using a certain other phone I've realized that it's okay as long as the phone works. >_>

23. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Yep. I switch back and forth from Androids. I'm really liking the LG G2.

24. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I personally have an iPhone 6 Plus as my personal phone and a Samsung Galaxy S5 as my work phone and after playing around with my work phone for a few hours I remember why I chose to go with Apple as my personal device in the first place.

It's funny because my S5 can also be used as a personal phone (my company allows work devices to be used as personal as well) but because I do not like the operating system that much I choose to pay for a different personal phone.

So in other words the grass is definitely not greener on the other side.