Anyone Going Back to the 6s After Trying the 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MichaelMidnight, Sep 26, 2015.

1. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Been a 5 and 6 user for a while and decided to go the 6s Plus this time, but after playing around with it for a day I don' t know. It's too big for me. I miss the one-handed access but the OIS is nice. I dunno. Anyone else feeling this way?

2. sddabrow macrumors 6502

I can't make a decision either! Don't have either one yet but trying to decide which one suits my lifestyle better. The battery life is what is swaying me the most

3. Fthree macrumors 6502a

i went from the 6 plus to the 6s almost just for that reason. Wanted to get a 6 for the last three months because of the size but was able to wait it out.

4. MichaelMidnight thread starter macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

Like, I take a whole mess of pictures and video and I usually have a way of holding the phone with one hand but it's proving harder on the Plus. I don't do much video so I can't tell how much of a boon OIS is but if I exchange my Plus I can go for 128 6s and I'm sorta moving that way for more space and better handling BUT I DUNNO

5. Fthree macrumors 6502a

me to a tee.... i had a 16g 6plus and bought a 128g 6s.

6. jmelrose macrumors regular

I had the 6plus for a year and finally decided to downside to the 6S after mentally giving the size of the plus every possible shot. One day in and I'm glad I tried the plus, but I find the 6S to be a superior phone, and the fact it's slightly heavier than the prior model makes no difference to me at all since it's markedly lighter than the Plus!

7. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

There are some people that seem to know which phone size they want and never look back and others, like me, that just can't decide.

Last year I printed out the little size guides and agonized between the 6 and 6+ for the entire time between the announcement and the time preorders started. Even hours before preorders I wasn't totally sure which phone I wanted, but I finally decided on the 6. It came and I was happy for a couple of weeks, but whenever I was in a store with phones on display I kept looking at the 6+ and wondering if I made a mistake. This was when they were still hard to find in stores, but I happened to find one one day and bought it on a whim. I used it for about a week and absolutely loved the screen size, but not the size or weight of the phone itself. After a week I decided that I made the right choice originally and I returned the 6+.

I was happy going back to my 6... For about three or four months. Then I found myself drooling over the 6+ in stores again wondering if I just hadn't given the 6+ a proper chance. This time availability was better and I ordered a refurb 6+ to save a little money. This time I kept using the. 6+ and definitely enjoying the screen. After about 2 weeks I sold my 6 and stuck with the plus. I still wish it was smaller and lighter sometimes, but this time around I ordered a 6S+ without hesitation.

So, the moral of my story is... Give the 6S+ a chance and you might just decide you like it.

8. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

I'd give it at least the full two week return period before you make a decision. These things always take a little bit of time to get acclimated to.

9. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Good advice. That would be a wise decision.

You can never know if you can get used to something unless you give it time.

10. rudyo macrumors member

Do like I do and have one of each. Just swap the sim when you tire of the larger size (or smaller) and you never have to permanently decide. Problem solved!

11. jsn7 macrumors newbie

I switched the 6 for the 6+. Now for the 6s back to the small one.

The screen is gorgeous, however too big for me. Really happy to go back to the 6s.

12. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

I did this last year. Bought a 6 but got size envy, so bought a 6+. Then decided the 6+ was too inconvenient for my small hands, so returned it and went back to the 6 I'd bought originally.

Upgraded to a 6S this year. It didn't even cross my mind to go for a 6S+.

13. mrkjeezy macrumors member

Had a 6 plus and bought a 6s thinking it would suit me better. I went to apple today and bought a 6s plus. After having the 6 plus, the 6 feels like a 5.

14. Stamas88 macrumors member

Say what you want but I never felt like the plus was big however I have (after having the +) have felt that the 5 was tiny

15. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

For me it's all about the screen.

I have that type of vision where I notice everything, and I mean everything! I bought the original 6 last year when it came out and used it for an extremely short period of time, like really short...lol! Wound up in the 5th Ave store and had some crazy luck in being able to swap it out for the Plus and it's been my daily driver this whole year without ever looking back, I just absolutely love the screen! I also take an enormous amount of pics and videos for work, and love being able to watch movies on the fly with HBO GO. Is the bigger phone for everyone? No! I have fairly big hands and even I feel it to be a pretty huge phone. I can and do use it one handed a lot, but someone like my brother can't even attempt finger gymnastics with the bigger iPhone, which why he owns a 6 and just threw the thought out the window of ever attempting to go for it. Yes it's got some better specs, but with that comes a really really big device that can be a little tough to mange when doing the simplest of tasks, and that's a compromise you shouldn't make if you really feel it's to big.

However I do wish they made a phone the size of the 6s with all the specs of the 6s plus. I'd most likely go for the smaller of the two for the simple fact of that heft in your pocket can get annoying from time to time. Until that day comes I'll be rockin the S Plus.

16. pudcraft macrumors regular

Tonight verified it for me. The fiance got the 6s and I got the 6s Plus (coming from a 6). The OIS is damn well worth it. There is clearly a difference in our uses. The battery life is great, and I love the landscape use.

17. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Before I preordered the 6s+, I compared my 6+ to a 6. Wow... Night and day. I'm glad I have the 6s+. YMMV...JMHO

18. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Downgrading the camera is not worth the switch to smaller. Apple can fix this by reducing the 6S+ bezel size or adding OIS to 6S.

19. Stamas88 macrumors member

I really want them to put the 2 apps on the same screen for the plus

They just have to do it, I had something via jailbreak but they just didn't dev it right

20. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I like the big screen and the awesome battery life of the Plus. I'll not choose a regular 6s over it but I can understand why some people want to.

21. happycadaver macrumors regular

happycadaver

I know what i need before ordering. Doesn't seem to be case with a lot of users. I can't believe that you can order the 6s Plus and after that you realize that it is too big. The size difference is just too obvious.

22. docprego macrumors 65816

Agonizing choice for me last year and I went 6 Plus. I've really enjoyed it and never once had 6 envy. This year I'm finding the choice tough again but will ultimately go Plus again for my 6S for these reasons:

1. Never had a single complaint about the 6 Plus for the previous year
    2. OIS
    3. Battery life
    4. Screen real estate
    5. 6 feels really small to me when I hold it. Which is great for one handed use but not so great for screen size.

LOL even after typing all of that I'm sitting here thinking that this could go either way when I order.

23. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I had a Plus before an iPhone 6 and was enamored by the screen and battery life — but that's about it. I felt like a prisoner to the size and one-handed use for me was impossible. I returned it and was much happier with the 6 (and now, 6s.)

I won't be using a Plus model phone until they trim the bezels, then it might be more inviting to me. They could easily fit a 5.5 inch screen in a smaller chassis, which would make reaching and one-handed use a lot easier.

It's just crazy to me that 2 years ago, nearly everyone here satirized phones above 4 inches, and now it seems like everyone is crazy for them. Apple's influence is strong amongst the userbase here.

24. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Last year I had 6 plus used it until now. This year got the 6s I think it's the best size. 6 plus gives my hand pain while I m lying on bed and use it. Plus the inconvenience of keeping in the pocket. 6 plus was just a competition against Samsung but 6 plus did sell a lot. After a year u need something in which I am comfortable with. Plus this year 6s plus is heavier than last year.

25. Bangnasty macrumors newbie

Bangnasty

I just switched from a G3. Considering it's already 5.5 and a tad oversized I went with the 6s. The transition to smaller screen was quite easy because to me even though the G3s screen is better on paper, to my eyes the iPhone looks better. I can't really tell the difference in picture quality between the plus and regular, just me, I see a lot of you guys can. I also have an iPad so it made my decision a bit easier. Also my wife is getting the big one so I can always ply with that.