Anyone going from the 6S to the 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vistokid, Sep 8, 2016.

1. vistokid macrumors 6502

The more I think about it the more I'm struggling with justifying going from my 6S to the 7. Is anyone in the same boat as me? I'd love the jet black for sure... but is it really a worthwhile upgrade?

I'm actually more tempted to go up to the Plus so I can justify my purchase more.

2. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

i have a 6s and upgrading, what sold me is the jet black, the storage for the price, the amazing A10, the new home button, and the amazing camera the plus has will come in handy during my vacation next month.

3. thaotran macrumors newbie

thaotran

I will upgrade from 6s too. I really like the new camera on the 7 plus and the new home button

4. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I have the 6s and like you am debating on upgrading. I'm eligible through my carrier but I guess if I will upgrade will wait to see what the reviews say and how people like it to get it and maybe once the hype dies down I'll think about it then.

5. vistokid thread starter macrumors 6502

So you're getting the Plus? I was referring to the regular 7. I'm also tempted to grab the Plus this time around. Seems like more bang for the buck.

6. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

my wife has the regular 6s and i am upgrading her to the regular 7. the fact that the regular 7 now has image stabilization will result it better photos. something that should have been included since the regular 6.

7. mashinhead macrumors 68020

The only significant reason to upgrade, is for the camera, and even that on the plus model only. This assumes you have a recent iPhone. So if you aren't using the camera a ton, i don't know that it's really worth the upgrade. You may want one though. That's a different story.

It's a bit lame that you have to wait for a software upgrade to take full advantage of the new camera. This is just so sloppy on Apple's part. IMHO

8. vistokid thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the 6S and it's been fine (other than the horrible battery life) and I agree 100% with you... I feel this go around is not worth it. But I want it! LOL.

9. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

Upgrading basically because of the camera on the 7+. Just don't know what color.

10. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I am, only because I'm on the ATT 12m next plan, otherwise I might have waited 1 more generation.

For me, there are more (immediate) negatives than positives. I think the loss of the headphone jack almost outweighs the other benefits. But ill give it a chance I guess. But suspect it's going to be a pain in the ....

The earbuds look exactly the same as the current ones (ear shape) and I can wear the current ones about 10 minutes before I want to rip them out of my ears, they are extremely uncomfortable. And the adaptor is just another piece to break, get worn out and loose.

11. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

That's your opinion. I'm going from a 6s Plus to a 7 because I can get a better camera and better battery life in a smaller size. Plus I'm in the IUP and like the idea of the new home button, new color, cheaper storage, and new chip.

12. vistokid thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting... you're going from the Plus to regular model? Any particular reason? I'm actually thinking of doing the opposite... regular to Plus.

13. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I'm going from 6S Plus 64GB Space Grey to 7 Plus 128GB Black.
    Will do the same next year, and the years to come after that too.
    Sell my phone for ~£500 and add £320 to it which is only a bit of overtime I have lined up.
    For something that I use all day every day, why not have the best you can?
    :apple:

14. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I have a 6s plus and my battery life has significantly diminished as well. Not even a year old.

15. vistokid thread starter macrumors 6502

There's no doubt in my mind that the battery on my 6 was better than my 6S... I have the Samsung chip and I know that shouldn't make a difference but regardless the battery life on my 6S was crap... which is one of the biggest reasons I'm thinking of going Plus this go around.

16. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

If you want it, and can afford it. Get it. I'm going to.
    I might get the 8 next year too.

17. reverberlayed macrumors regular

I am still undecided if I will upgrade from my 6s. If I do decide to upgrade it will be for the 7+. I'm about 50/50.

18. vistokid thread starter macrumors 6502

This is me right now.

19. lemondriz121 macrumors newbie

I would say this is a waste of money really. Unless of course you're one of those people that always need to own the latest and greatest....

20. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I'm upgrading from 6S to 7, why not it is free with TMO

21. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

Did they say the battery was going to be better on
    the 7 compared to the 6s?

22. Foss macrumors 6502

Foss

I went to the Plus model for the first time on 6S. It was an adjustment, but there's no going back. The non-Plus just seems tiny now. The size difference is like having a 5S and looking at a 4. I'm going from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus. In the past few years, I've grown accustomed to paying the delta of selling last year's unlocked phone and buying the new one. The delta has been about $400 which is about the same price as getting the iPhone Upgrade Program. I'm fine with paying $400 for a new phone every year.

23. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    I've got an AT&T Next upgrade for my wife's 6 that we'll use to get her a 7. She's been having issues getting through the day without charging, so the upgraded battery life will help and the camera is a nice upgrade as well. I doubt she'll pick the jet black, but that's ok, because that is what I'll get when I upgrade to the new 7+ from my 6s+.

24. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Or if you are on ATT Next plan and can upgrade every year for only the price of sales tax :p

25. CrimsonKnight macrumors 6502

CrimsonKnight

Yes. I have the 6s I want the 5.5 inch screen and I am eligible to upgrade. Might as well go with 7 Plus.