Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianoplayer1

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2005
New York
Mar 2, 2008
1:33 AM Int'l shipment release ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 1, 2008
11:10 AM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
2:28 AM In transit SHANGHAI CN

:D

Using the official fedex tracker I see that mine was released at EXACTLY 1:33 AM also!
picture1tz8.png

rsm5068

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2008
Anyone who got applecare, does yours say "complete" without even the box being shipped or delivered?

yes, b/c they auto-enroll you I believe. Don't ask me how, maybe they just stick that in the box with your restore/install disks.

dj420118

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Mine arrived and left alaska. It is in transit to who knows where now. It didn't say anything about int'l shipment release...it just left.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Please let me know how long it took to get to you, because I am getting 11-12 days delivery time as well and it just doesn't seem right.
I'll post here as soon as it arrives. My status screen hasn't changed since yesterday and it still as yet gives me no details of the carrier, etc. (In 2003, my PowerBook was shipped via TNT).

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
I'll post here as soon as it arrives. My status screen hasn't changed since yesterday and it still as yet gives me no details of the carrier, etc. (In 2003, my PowerBook was shipped via TNT).

Mine's do to ship on the 7th, estimated delivery 18th-19th.

On slightly unrelated note, you've got exactly the same laptop(s) I've got, 12" PB 1 Ghz, upgrading to the 15" 2.4 Ghz, 250 GB HD.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Mine's do to ship on the 7th, estimated delivery 18th-19th.

On slightly unrelated note, you've got exactly the same laptop(s) I've got, 12" PB 1 Ghz, upgrading to the 15" 2.4 Ghz, 250 GB HD.
You're around 5 days behind me. I would expect yours may ship Monday/Tuesday though, as mine shipped 2 days early.

This 12" has served me well (still is in fact). I think the base 15" has moved to be the same price point roughly as the 12" original high end. I couldn't even consider the 15" at the time I got my 12 (due to price). But I really didn't want a G3 iBook, which was the only alternative at the time (thank god I didn't!).

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
You're around 5 days behind me. I would expect yours may ship Monday/Tuesday though, as mine shipped 2 days early.

This 12" has served me well (still is in fact). I think the base 15" has moved to be the same price point roughly as the 12" original high end. I couldn't even consider the 15" at the time I got my 12 (due to price). But I really didn't want a G3 iBook, which was the only alternative at the time (thank god I didn't!).

Would be nice if it shipped early. :)

My PB is still also serving me well at the moment (it replaced at 500 Mhz G3 iBook), although the optical drive has gotten a bit selective about which discs it'll recognize. Other than that, I've maxed the RAM, dropped in a 100 GB hard drive, and it's still going strong... Except when I need to use Acrobat Pro, then it's scroll, wait for the screen to redraw, scroll some more, wait, etc. :D

Javaman74

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Way Upstate NY
Mine arrived in Memphis at 5:13 AM today. The delivery estimate is still 3/5, but based on past FedEx deliveries (especially with expedited shipping), I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up on 3/4. Two days to go the last thousand miles or so isn't beyond the realm of possibility (fingers crossed).

RHD

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2008
London
I ordered mine on the 26th.
17" matte standard screen, 2.6 processor, 7200rpm hard drive, remote.

Delivery not expected until MARCH THE 12TH!

So unfair.
:eek:

dj420118

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Mine arrived in Memphis at 5:13 AM today. The delivery estimate is still 3/5, but based on past FedEx deliveries (especially with expedited shipping), I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up on 3/4. Two days to go the last thousand miles or so isn't beyond the realm of possibility (fingers crossed).

Hey I'm in the same boat and I would even go as far to say that It could get here tomorrow. I mean it is still really early Sunday. Fedex could push that anywhere on the east coast in a matter of hours and it could be on a delivery truck by tomorrow morning.:D

carcass29

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2008
Mine arrived in Newark NJ as of 3am this morning from AK with a delivery date of March 3rd before 12noon....it's coming to New York, thats the latest.

Czechmac

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
London, UK
I ordered mine on the 26th.
17" matte standard screen, 2.6 processor, 7200rpm hard drive, remote.

Delivery not expected until MARCH THE 12TH!

So unfair.
:eek:

What is you estimated shipped by date? It seems that most UK orders get a crazy delivery time of around 12 days or so...

dj420118

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Arrived at FedEx location, NEWARK, NJ, Mar 2, 2008 3:43 AM

Delivery still showing as March 5, before 10:30. Why not Monday?:confused:

Mine arrived in Tennessee this morning at 5:13AM. I am only one state down in Georgia...im guessing at a Monday delivery. It would be really stupid for a 1 state transit to take 3 days.

Javaman74

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Way Upstate NY
Hey I'm in the same boat and I would even go as far to say that It could get here tomorrow. I mean it is still really early Sunday. Fedex could push that anywhere on the east coast in a matter of hours and it could be on a delivery truck by tomorrow morning.:D

I pray to the Geek Gods that you're correct, sir. :)

Edit: Of course, not to be a pessimist, but as I write this, it's been sitting in the Memphis sort facility for 6 hours.

DanielZ

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2008
Well finally I've ordered my BTO mac book Pro 17" this Saturday

With a 200 GB 7200 RPM HDD and a high resolution matte option :) Along with a nice bag and a wireless mighty mouse :D

This will be my first mac so can't wait :D

RHD

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2008
London
What is you estimated shipped by date? It seems that most UK orders get a crazy delivery time of around 12 days or so...

"We estimate your order to be shipped on or before 05 Mar, 2008.
We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address on or before 11 Mar, 2008 - 12 Mar, 2008.

NOTE: Please note that these dates are estimated lead-times only. Your order will not ship until all items are available. Once your order has dispatched, you will receive a Dispatch Notification email, which will provide you with detailed delivery information."

7 days or so. Guess it's on the slow boat from China. As long as it's perfect when it gets here, I'll cope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.