Anyone had safari crash on 2.1 yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hudzilla, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Just wondering, as I'm a heavy safari user and had it crash roughly 3-4 times a day, but since updating, it hasn't crashed once

2. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I was one of the lucky ones and never had any sort of issue with 2.0.2, but ever since upgrading to 2.1 I've had Safari crash about 5 times already. It's kind of annoying, really. Everything else seems to be smooth sailing with 2.1, minus Safari...

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Yep. After heavy use (4 pages open, lots of posting, and graphic-heavy pages) for over three hours, it finally crashed on me. That's probably two hours longer than it used to take.

4. reposed macrumors newbie

Yep. 100% easy to crash. Played one Audiobook and tried to use any speedtest app in safari.

5. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Nope! I have not had it crash yet. I updated about six hours ago. But then again, my phone is very stable because unlike some people, I don't have 200 Apps on my phone. I have the Apps that came with it, plus 3 additional Apps.

6. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Fairly stable for me, although still more broken than the 1.x firmware days.

There is a huge bug in it that makes it a pain for me to search these forums (and any other vbulletin forum).

If I hit the search button from the iphone, I have to touch it several times before it opens up to reveal the search box. Then when I start typing, it just goes away. Then I have to open it back up. The second times the charm and I can actually type words in to search.

Happens every time.

Can anyone else confirm.

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3 crashes for me today. And I never keep more than one page open at a time. Not thrilled.

9. Hudzilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Still sounds like its touchy then!!!, was hoping this was fixed, as Apple was pushing it as a huge bug fix FW.

10. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

2.43 hours

.....without Safari crashing. Normally, I would have had around three crashes at this point.

Knocking on wood, keeping fingers crossed, et al.

Jude

11. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Happens here too. Maybe not every time, but close. Safari & Javascript aren't as neighborly as they used to be.

13. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Shortly after I updated to 2.1 my dad stopped by and I let him check the phone out. I think he was browsing CNet to show me the D300 Nikon he just ordered. I probably should have told him to let the pages load first before zooming and dragging around, as in no time it crashed on him.

14. MalibuRox macrumors newbie

Safari crash after 2.1 upgrade

I rarely had any problems before yesterday's update. Now it happens fairly often.

15. arubinst macrumors 6502

16. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

yuppp same with me...2.0.2 was PERFECT..no typing lag, no crashes...now in 2.1 I crash about every 10 minutes, and then there is typing lag 1/2 the time..

17. Hudzilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

18. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

19. dranakin macrumors 6502

Actually crashes a lot more on 2.1...and I'm browsing Apple's website, no less.

20. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

21. WhyT macrumors newbie

Constant Crash

2.1 crashes as much as or more than any of the previous iterations. It has crashed a dozen times today. I scrub my Safari history, cache, and cookies several times a day, turn my iPhone on and off regularly, and do soft-resets on the thing. I crash Safari whether I have one session open or three. I can't have more than three open or I can't even get pages to load.

Since installing 2.1, however, I have now had the iPhone crash during phone calls. This is a new and unexpected benefit from Apple! It was getting boring with it just crashing in Safari all the time..

Also, with regard to the Safari crashes, sometimes it crashes and takes me back to the iPhone home screen and sometimes it resets the iPhone completely.

22. emoh macrumors member

mine crashes 3-4 times after upgrading to 2.1 I just hope Apple get the safari issue settle when nest update is available.

23. svndmvn Guest

the italian iTunes section of apple's site makes mine crash instantly
    Apple.com/it/itunes is the one i believe

24. J*man macrumors member

Haven't had a crashing problem before the update, but safari did crash one time today with the new update. Does having multiple pages open make it more likely to crash?

25. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

After having 2.1 for about 36 hours now (2.1 became available ~6am yesterday morning), Safari has only closed on me once while looking at a page that had a lot of pics/data/info on it and zooming at the same time. If you are looking at a page with a lot of data, don't zoom until it is done loading or you stop it from loading first.