Anyone have a Switch Easy Rebel Serpent or Capsule Rebel Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Chupa Chupa, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The Switch Easy Rebel series cases seem to get good feedback and reviews. Anyone here have one? How does it feel and how easy is it to pull out from pants pockets?

I had a leather case-mate signature case on my 2G which I liked until it literally fell apart after a year.

I then bought a silicone case (not sure of the brand) on clearance. It's a decent case but it sticks to the inside of my pants pockets and is annoying get it out. I put up w/ it b/c its paid for and really don't like spending $ on stupid accessories.

With the 3GS coming I need a new case. I think I want one of the Rebels but at $25 I need some more encouragement I'm going to be happy with it and it will last two years. So I'd love to hear comments from people that own them or have seen them and decided against.

I'm talking about:

(capsule rebel)
    [​IMG]

and

(rebel serpent)
    [​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have the capsule rebel and I simply love it. Best case I've had just yet and I've been through a few. It is easy to pull from both my front and back pockets.

3. V4705 macrumors 6502

yep, good case.
    although its definitely not as tight like in day one, but still look and protect fine.

4. Synthetickiller macrumors regular

I'm thinking of getting the white serpent. Not sure if I want that or a 100% hard case yet.

White Serpent.
    [​IMG]

5. shvartsies macrumors regular

I have the black Serpent and really do love the case. It does add a bit of bulk but it gets the job done, it protects the phone. It also looks sexy as hell.

However, the plastic part of the case does tend to get scratched up over time. But thats the point, so that those scratches wouldn't happen on the actual phone. ahahaha.

6. rgt168 macrumors newbie

I used the Rebel and it protected it from a fall while getting out of a SUV. I now use the Rebel Serpent. Both were easy to take out of the jean's pocket.

7. tb2me macrumors member

This might be a dumb question, but . . .

How tight do you guys wear your jeans? I'm considering one of these cases for my 3GS, but I'm a little leery despite how easy they say it is to take out of your pocket. I wear my jeans pretty tight (like, hipster tight) and while I never have a problem getting my hard-cased iPhone out of my pocket, back when I had a silicone case it was hell getting it out and would pull the entire pocket with it. :mad:

8. rgt168 macrumors newbie

Neither the Rebel or Rebel Serpent will be hard to take out of your jeans pocket. I don't wear my jeans that tight but if you did not have a problem with the hard case, you will not have any problems with either Rebel or Serpent.

9. TechIsCool macrumors member

yah the case is half hard half soft the soft plastic of sorts raps around the phone then the spine clicks in after that making it still slide in and out of pockets :)

10. RIPNHL2005 macrumors member

I like my black rebel serpent except for the headphone jack is too small so it wont even fit the small adapters you can get at radio shack....

So i barely use it anymore

11. TehBest macrumors member

I just ordered this last night...boy o boy do I wish apple made a product red iPhone...I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Until then, its a red case for me!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• c.jpg
      c.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
      Views:
  12. V4705 macrumors 6502

13. thearod macrumors member

I just ordered Rebel Serpeant this weekend and from all the reviews I am stoked about this case. Can't wait to have something to protect my 3GS! BTW, as you might notice its sold out on the website BUT there are people selling them new on Ebay for the same price or cheaper.

I am trying to a score a VisionClip2 to go with my case but those are also sold out. SO if anyone knows where I can get one let me know PLEASE!

14. TehBest macrumors member

15. TehBest macrumors member

I'm also kind of concerned about switcheasy's shipping/customer service record. I've been reading horror stories about how bad their customer service has been, month long ship times and a sagging case defect that ran rampant through some of their capsule rebels. I've got faith though, hopefully I get it soon!

16. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Just ordered a Capsule Rebel from their store and had no problems at all. Case was shipped within 24hrs and it arrived in about 3 days. Wife loves the case.

17. TehBest macrumors member

Good stuff, hopefully Ill receive an email confirming shipment soon!

18. TehBest macrumors member

Just got my email shipment notification from SE! Its shipping from tracy, CA, only an hour from me...should get it tomorrow, will post pics!

19. jngphoto macrumors newbie

20. whiskeyred macrumors regular

I have the Black Serpent, love the case, but had a miserable time trying to keep the screen protector down. Protector goes on fine, but the left bottom of the case peels it back every time. So if I could use the case and be bubbles free, it would be perfect.

I also use a speck candyshell, which is quite nice.

21. boatski macrumors regular

The bottom of my capsule rebel always bulged out and that part just fell off a couple of days ago. I've had it for a year though.

22. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

one example..

Well yesterday I bought the wrong item, a military green case that was not available on the 3GS. Sent the payment via paypal. Emailed them a few hours later and by end of day they had refunded the money.

Would say they are pretty on top of things IMHO.
    :p

23. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I have a while rebel serpent. It's my favorite iPhone case for sure. It is easy to get out of my pockets without being a lint magnet. I know what you mean about getting your pocket pulled out with your case because that's happened to me before. It won't happen with the rebel serpent.

You'll be happy with either case I'm sure.

Oh try ebay before switcheasy.com. You can usually get them cheaper there.

24. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

does the rubber still sag?

I bought one of the first CapsuleRebels when they became available. I really like it, but the rubber lip that runs below the home button sags a bit, exposing some of the iPhone's silver bezel. I had read that other early adopters were experiencing similar issues. Can anyone tell me if this problem has been solved? Does the rubber now fit tightly and completely cover the phone's silver bezel? Thanks!

25. 3GS916 macrumors member

Mine should be coming in the mail in a few hours, ill let ya know!