Anyone have only one page of apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I think I've found my dream iPhone setup. One page of apps!

All Apple apps except for Twitterrific on the first page!

The only thing that slightly annoys me about this setup is that often times I wanna scroll to another page out of habit and when it doesn't move, it freaks me out for a second or so.

I believe I'm probably the only one here with only one page of apps. The worst part is... I've purchased so many apps over the last year and the only one I constantly use is Twitterrific... wow.

2. The General macrumors 601

Did you use Parental Controls to get rid of a couple apps or something?

3. matttye macrumors 601

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

5. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why would you want to do this?

Next week's post will be, "I can't live with one page of apps!" :)

7. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

No I did not. I'll post a screenshot if you want.

It looks soooooo clean. I used to just have apps on the second page for when I wanted to show someone else how cool the iPhone was, but I realized that I was hardly ever even using those apps on a day-to-day basis and they were just taking up a half-a-page for no reason. So I did an experiment... figured out what I didn't use and deleted them. I just needed a twitter client and I like Twitterrific.

Attached Files:

8. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Not possible on 3.0

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

He doesn't have 3.0. You must not know him. :)

10. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

He's not on 3.0

My ideal dock goes something like this: Contacts, Calendar, App Store and Settings.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

"It looks soooooo clean."

Right - because having a dot or two underneath your apps makes it SOOOO messy. You have issues.

You're truly a piece of work

12. blaker13 macrumors member

clean?

Hmm... to me thats really boring and looks like every other unjailbroken iphone, i would jailbreak and have some fun with it... use catagories if you only want one screen of apps?

13. matttye macrumors 601

He does it for the attention. NOBODY is that anal!

14. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Hey... do you ever stop making fun of me? Just because I think it looks clean doesn't mean it looks messy otherwise. It's just cool to have one page of apps to look at instead of swiping through multiple pages... it's not about the dots at the bottom.

That reminds me... another thing you can't get rid of in 3.0 are the dots at the bottom because of Spotlight.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm not making fun of you. I'm pointing out that you have issues. I take that very seriously and don't think it or you is funny at all.

Perhaps you can explain how having a front page vs having other pages of apps makes it look clean if its not about the dots at the bottom. How else can you tell there are even other screens your iphone has?!?!

16. AET10 macrumors newbie

yep, one page

nice, clean, simple

Attached Files:

17. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The dots don't bother me at all. I just like the fact that it looks like 1.1.1 days when there were no other screens to scroll through. You unlocked your iPhone and it was only one page to look at. To me, that's more clean than having 2 or 3 pages.

18. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Are you using categories?

19. samcraig macrumors P6

Read my question again

Without the dots (since you said they don't bother you) - how can you tell on page one if you have more than one page of apps

Fact is - you can't. It's only in YOUR MIND that you know you have other pages. So it doesn't LOOK cleaner - it just that you KNOW you don't have other pages. It's a mental thing - it's not a "look" thing.

Dots aside - if you showed an iPhone with 10 pages of apps or just one page - how would someone else know?

They wouldn't. THAT is my point spelled out.

20. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

TheSpaz, this isn't your personal blog. Stop treating the forums like it.

21. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I see. However, I did not remove the dots. Therefore if I *did* have more than one page, you'd be able to tell.

And rants about AT&T service is better?

22. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

So, to you, it's better to have to somehow go through safari, to find when movies are playing, what's on TV, what song is playing, where to get that book at a cheaper price, sports scores, listen to radio, edit your camera pics, check your memory, go to your bank site.....you get the point? This "cleaner" look is good for you? Not having a few dots is better? Essentially making the iPhone's "ease of use" not, so that the apps take up less space on the flash drive?

Edit: For the above post, I don't think samcraig is saying he doesn't believe you that you don't have more than one page of apps.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

I think I give up. THESPAZ says it's not the dots that make it look cleaner... but the dots are the only visable cue (am I wrong?) that there is more than one page to switch to. So if the dots don't matter to him, then why does it look cleaner?

And iphone.aggie - you're using logic - and that has NO place here or with THESPAZ.

24. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Hmm, I'm surprised you think that looks cleaner.

I think having mostly empty pages (though possibly a few more of them, but not more than 4 or so) looks cleaner.

I really hate full iPhone pages.

25. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I see what you're saying, but remember... I did a test to see what I actually use.

- I can find when movies are playing through Safari with ease.
    - What's on TV? Don't care.
    - What song is playing? I know my own music and I hate the radio.
    - I don't buy books.
    - Sports? Not for me.
    - Listen to radio? I already don't like radio and plus, it doesn't run in the background. (It does in Safari though)
    - I don't need to do photo editing on an iPhone. I have a computer for that.
    - Check my memory? Are you talking about RAM? No need to... I'm on 2.2.1.
    - Go to my bank site? First of all, my bank doesn't have any apps and second of all, my bank's website doesn't even work on the iPhone.

You're trying to convince me to use more apps that just don't interest me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.