Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGreat01

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
And this is the exact reason I veer clear of the iPhone section.

Alright, so we've all established that there are certain members of this website that aren't so fond of TheSpaz. Why must you bash him on every single thing that he has to say? How hard is it not to type some rude, unnecessary post in that little box and hit Submit Reply?

No matter what TheSpaz has to say, there are certain people that always seem to manage to create a post deteriorating TheSpaz's viewpoints.

How about this, if TheSpaz enjoys one pages of icons, then he enjoys one page of icons.

Wait, you don't only like one page of icons? THEN GO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT!

The main problem here is that some people that are members of TheSpaz hateclub have very closed minds when it comes to his viewpoints. If you would just agree with him, or just completely ignore him, it would be perfectly fine. Don't post just to tell him how much he sucks at life or how much he acts like a teenager. He's a very smart person and doesn't bash anyone else.

Just please, please stop with the crap on him.

Seriously.

AWWWWW!!!! That was sweet,

And True

And i think im part of his fan club lol. Its always a treat to read his OPs haha.:D

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Most used apps are on my Springboard/Stack, and the rest I have hidden, and access them through Spotlight.

webi.jpg

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Sometimes less is better... Plus I can download any previously purchased app for free whenever I feel like it (unless it's BeejiveIM because it's incompatible with 2.2.1 now)

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Sometimes less is better... Plus I can download any previously purchased app for free whenever I feel like it (unless it's BeejiveIM because it's incompatible with 2.2.1 now)

I prefer to use iPhone 2.0 functionality by actually loading programs on that I'll use.

Facebook
Evernote
ToDo
PortfolioLive
SplashID

All indispensible for me. Well, except Facebook.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
There we go! Now we're making some progress with restraining ourselves from bashing TheSpaz!

Good job guys! :rolleyes:

Excuse us, but some are tired of him infecting the forum with inane ramblings.

I mean, he starts threads on "I'm looking at forums too much" and "I think I'm reading more about the iPhone than I'm actually using it" and "how do I return it" and "there's a pixel missing" and everything else you can think of. he's upgraded to 3.0, downgraded back again. We're just kinda tired of him and he really needs to fix his obsession thing he has going. We're all more enthusiastic than regular people about tech since we're on a tech site, but it's getting ridiculous. Just use your phone and sign of macrumors.

tomcos

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
Taping Fingers on a Desk?

... it's like taping fingers on a desk...

You know what I mean?

Like this? Honestly, I don't see the fun in that.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Attachments

• Taping Fingers.jpg
    Taping Fingers.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 49

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
Excuse us, but some are tired of him infecting the forum with inane ramblings.

I mean, he starts threads on "I'm looking at forums too much" and "I think I'm reading more about the iPhone than I'm actually using it" and "how do I return it" and "there's a pixel missing" and everything else you can think of. he's upgraded to 3.0, downgraded back again. We're just kinda tired of him and he really needs to fix his obsession thing he has going. We're all more enthusiastic than regular people about tech since we're on a tech site, but it's getting ridiculous. Just use your phone and sign of macrumors.

If it wasn't for people like TheSpaz, MacRumors wouldn't be making as much money. ;)

And that's all I have to say.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
If it wasn't for people like TheSpaz, MacRumors wouldn't be making as much money. ;)

And that's all I have to say.

Or perhaps they'd be making more because less people would be annoyed by him and be more "fruitful" in other posts.

Whatever. Doesn't matter.

I wrote this on another thread where the WAAAmbulance police was out. If you're going to post on a message board you should have thicker skin and/or not care what others think and let it control you. When you post, you open yourself up for better or worse to both the GOOD and BAD. And if you can't deal with anything other than a positive experience - then perhaps message boards aren't for you.

There's a cliche that sometimes quality over quantity. Some people post ad nauseam here because they thrive on attention rather than actually contributing something useful. Less CAN BE more in this case :)

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
No I did not. I'll post a screenshot if you want.

It looks soooooo clean. I used to just have apps on the second page for when I wanted to show someone else how cool the iPhone was, but I realized that I was hardly ever even using those apps on a day-to-day basis and they were just taking up a half-a-page for no reason. So I did an experiment... figured out what I didn't use and deleted them. I just needed a twitter client and I like Twitterrific.

Yay for you! Thousands of Apps and you think you only need twitterrific. Yes im sure you are the only one with one page of Apps which means to me that maybe the iPhone isnt for you. Maybe you just need a phone that has your basic stuff since you dont need to do anything else. And what is soooo clean about your front page? Looks boring to me. Just like any other iPhone that you cant get any themes for. That is your DREAM setup?
I think it is funny that you can have up to 9 pages, ...or 11 now with 3.0 worth of Apps but having another half a page was clutter for you....LOL
You are neurotic dude.

There are many Apps i find useful and i dont feel i need to use them everyday to justify having them.

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
Or perhaps they'd be making more because less people would be annoyed by him and be more "fruitful" in other posts.

Whatever. Doesn't matter.

I wrote this on another thread where the WAAAmbulance police was out. If you're going to post on a message board you should have thicker skin and/or not care what others think and let it control you. When you post, you open yourself up for better or worse to both the GOOD and BAD. And if you can't deal with anything other than a positive experience - then perhaps message boards aren't for you.

There's a cliche that sometimes quality over quantity. Some people post ad nauseam here because they thrive on attention rather than actually contributing something useful. Less CAN BE more in this case :)

Alright, why can't you just do that when TheSpaz posts? Was it that hard to just put "whatever, doesn't matter"? Did it hurt not to argue and degrade for 30 posts?

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I think it's a great idea to have just one page of apps. It's actually saving my battery a little because before, if I turned on my iPhone, I'd slide to unlock, then I'd swipe my finger back and forth for a little while trying to decide what to do, then I'd go for Twitterrific. The swiping thing is just some sort of fidget thing I do. It's just fun to do... it's like taping fingers on a desk... I don't really know why I do it, I just do. Just being able to turn my iPhone on and have all of my apps in plain view is kinda nice. Now, I'm breaking the habit of swiping back and forth.

You know what I mean?

laughsmilievx3.gif
Does anybody else find this hilarious besides me?

Hey spaz...you know if your friends would stop twittering you, you could even save MORE battery life and maybe go ....who knows, perhaps another half day or a whole day without charging because you know how long it takes to plug in that pesky cable. You should do a test on that.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Alright, why can't you just do that when TheSpaz posts? Was it that hard to just put "whatever, doesn't matter"? Did it hurt not to argue and degrade for 30 posts?

I don't think I have 30 posts in this thread.

And whatever doesn't matter was in reference to the comment that TheSpaz is making this site money.

Don't care if he is or isn't. Whatever. Doesn't matter.

Did it hurt not to argue? No. Doesn't hurt to argue either. But thanks for having your little parental moment. If TheSpaz can't deal with the negativity - that's his issue. I don't think he needs someone to "fight" his battles when there's no battle being fought. He posted his opinion and thoughts. People responded. That's how message boards work.

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
I don't think I have 30 posts in this thread.

And whatever doesn't matter was in reference to the comment that TheSpaz is making this site money.

Don't care if he is or isn't. Whatever. Doesn't matter.

Did it hurt not to argue? No. Doesn't hurt to argue either. But thanks for having your little parental moment. If TheSpaz can't deal with the negativity - that's his issue. I don't think he needs someone to "fight" his battles when there's no battle being fought. He posted his opinion and thoughts. People responded. That's how message boards work.

I'm not "fighting his battles". It's just I've noticed that everyone here seems to completely rip him everytime he posts, no matter what it is. He could say something about eating a cheeseburger, next thing you know everyone is talking about how you shouldn't eat cheeseburgers. It is purely ridiculous.

All I'm saying is, TheSpaz is a great guy, he doesn't need to be torn to shreds everytime he shares an opinion.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I'm not "fighting his battles". It's just I've noticed that everyone here seems to completely rip him everytime he posts, no matter what it is. He could say something about eating a cheeseburger, next thing you know everyone is talking about how you shouldn't eat cheeseburgers. It is purely ridiculous.

All I'm saying is, TheSpaz is a great guy, he doesn't need to be torn to shreds everytime he shares an opinion.

Thanks for your opinion. My opinion differs. To each their own.

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
Your comparison of this message board thread and TheSpaz to WWII is offensive to those that died in that war. Seriously. Nice joke.

That's not what I meant, not all all. I was talking about the way that you thought about opinions.

I made a valid point about how to look at this situation, and you continued to look at the negative side of Spaz. You then just settled with us "having different opinions". I then compared it to Hitler having different opinions.

Oh, there's a strong possibility that you just don't comprehend things correctly? Yes, I think that's it.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
What's wrong with streamlining what I like? I have figured out that most of what I do on the iPhone can be done through Apple's included apps... except for Twitter.

I tried the Twitter webapp and I just don't like it. Twitterrific is where it's at for me.

I don't understand why so many people are offended by my choices.

I have tough skin... I keep coming back don't I?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
That's not what I meant, not all all. I was talking about the way that you thought about opinions.

I made a valid point about how to look at this situation, and you continued to look at the negative side of Spaz. You then just settled with us "having different opinions". I then compared it to Hitler having different opinions.

Oh, there's a strong possibility that you just don't comprehend things correctly? Yes, I think that's it.

Your invocation offends me. Period. And while I won't lecture you on thinking before you post as it would be hypocritical - all I CAN write is that is one of the most offensive and anti-semitic comments ever. Throwing that "argument" around is tasteless.

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
Your invocation offends me. Period. And while I won't lecture you on thinking before you post as it would be hypocritical - all I CAN write is that is one of the most offensive and anti-semitic comments ever. Throwing that "argument" around is tasteless.

You continue to dodge the point that I originally put across.

Also, maybe you should look up the words you use before using them.

Goodbye, I'm done with this thread. The mods in the sky shall delete as necessary.

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008

Seriously? I can think of thousands of comments that contain more anti-semitism than the aforementioned comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.