Anyone here bored with iOS? honestly

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by whoknows87, Oct 25, 2012.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

had everyone iPhone since 1st release and with every iOS update I wish for a few more features but most of the time doesn't happen... waiting for something big to happen, currently have an iPhone 5, but it's getting pretty boring without a jailbreak, not much room to customize anything

I know I'm not the only one who is getting bored with the iPhone, something needs t happen and I don't mean a bigger screen I can careless for that

2. noteple macrumors 65816

Another I'm bored thread, really?

When did an OS become a entertainment device ?

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The OS is just a tool. Getting bored with it is like saying you're bored with a hammer.

My only issue with iOS is that it's not nearly polished enough. There are many bugs that need addressing, maps is a disaster, and many of the new features are poorly or haphazardly implemented.

4. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

laugh :d

5. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

Nah I like it. I did go the jailbreak route but found I didn't really do anything differently. I guess I am just vanilla.

6. sers macrumors regular

Nope not bored at all. Still use my iPhone and iPad everyday and it still gets the job done. I'd rather have new features added to the OS rather than change the look of it or whatever. OSx and windows xp have been around for years and still work fine. Why change for the sake of change? Look at windows 8 as an example of change.

7. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

When it comes to the iPhone for example, it really bothers me that Im limited to what I can share photos etc with certain apps, also I can't figure out why apple wouldn't give us the option of freaking blocking a call is it that hard?

8. Appleseeds macrumors regular

No.
    But I am really getting bored with this forum.

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Understandable, you have been here a whole month... :rolleyes:

10. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Sad huh. Kinda shows how crappy it's become, when it only take a month to see everything this site has to offer.

11. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

This is an excellent forum, but when I spend too much time here, I end up feeling like its a flame war. Just take it slow, and look only for things you are actually interested in, rather than getting caught up in all the battles and sarcasm. Theres lots of great info and knowledgeable people here.

12. Cripps macrumors regular

13. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

14. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

You can only imagine how I must feel.

15. 1member1 macrumors 6502

I just switched this year for non jailbreak device after being done that since the first iPhone.
    I'm very satisfied with my iphone even when i see this colorful devices, live wallpapers and useless widgets.

since i switched everything is working very smooth and i only miss the ncsettings.
    I believe ios 6 closed big gap vs the cydia but it's still not enough and we will just have to wait.

16. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

There are valid arguments on both sides. In essence we are staring at the same ios since forever. If they would just refresh it with some new colors and give us just a tiny bit of custom control like colors, it would breathe a new life into it.

17. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

i ain't bored yet of ios

18. zone23 macrumors 68000

Maybe you're not just bored with iOS maybe you are bored with phones in general? Believe me it happens on android too, I've been there / done that.. on android you will search for a new "ROM" and flash it. It will be great at first but once your device is set back up (from loosing all your apps and settings) the boredom sets back in, so you search for another "ROM", repeat..

and yes I used Titanium Backup it does make it easier and quicker for the boredom to set back in..

19. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Oh good Lord, here we go again.

Being bored with the cream-of-the-crop operating system means nothing more than you're spending too much time belaboring it.

Use the phone how you're suppose to use it: being productive with the apps you need to assist your life. When you're done with what you need to do, shut it off and get back to life.

Simple as that.

If you're bored with the os, you're using it wrong! Simple as that.

20. takeshi74, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Of course not. With a user base of millions the odds are against anyone holding a unique opinion about IOS. Does it really matter? If you're bored then move on to whatever interests you (though "getting bored with X" is generally a problem of the person and not the object). Is commiserating with others really going to help the situation?

It's not always a question of difficulty. Development resources (people, time, money, etc) are always finite. Any one person can always come up with a pet option that "doesn't seem hard" (though usually these people have no clue what it takes to develop and test products). That doesn't mean that it would fit into the development cycle though.

Is it that hard to buy what suits your needs/wants rather than complain that you're bored with an option?

"Can't care less". "Can care less" is the opposite of what you mean.

21. Kukulcan macrumors 6502

I am bored with Apple Maps, it always takes me to the right location and saves me from traffic jams - there is no adventure in my life any more :(

22. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Honestly I am bored with iOS but I would never switch away from it at the moment. Before the iphone 5 I had a galaxy nexus for 6 months, and while I loved the OS after a month I hated not being able to do some of the stuff I do regularly on iOS. Again just my experience not hating on either platform or anything.

BUT! I do have a Nexus 7 that I have been playing with lately and have fell in love with it since I do not have to worry about a Rom breaking my ability to receive texts or GPS or any of that. It is perfect as I am going to install it in my car to replace the radio with Google Maps and spotify. And I have picked up an iPad mini as my kids have taken control of the iPad 2, and iPad 3.

But I truly believe a Nexus 7/iPhone combo is the best of both worlds IMHO.

23. xraytech macrumors 68020

There should be a "I'm Bored with iOS" drinking game.

Really people?

Do we need another thread like this?

24. Bezetos macrumors 6502a

This is a nonsensical comparison.

An OS has a user interface, certain functionality and lack of thereof, graphical cues, choice of typography, certain user experience solutions.

You can easily get bored with any of the aforementioned.

25. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

No, because I get my entertainment from apps not the operating system.